FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Grant Munro - MOTM

absent friend

On another thread re Captains armband, Grant is slated for his reaction under pressure 'booted clearances' type of thing.

Now Saturday performance appears to be the opposite, in command, passing the ball out, right place at the right time etc.

Could this be the result of having Esson behind him again? TB input over the preseason time? Or maybe just happier playing at a lower level?

Grant did have a solid game on Saturday and saved a certain goal just before half time. He was my MoM ably assisted by Bulvitis. Your header is a bit misleading though.

Grant did have a great game on Saturday and deserves credit though I didnt see him as MoM. I think Essen has a strong influence on the defence. Always shouting at them. Did anyone else notice that Grant wasn't wearing an armband. Maybe thats what weighed him down in the past. :ohmy:

Grant did have a solid game on Saturday and saved a certain goal just before half time. He was my MoM ably assisted by Bulvitis. Your header is a bit misleading though.

I was hoping that this would make potential posters stop and consider - from the initial point of jumping to his defence to a considered reaction, as to the reason for the change.

I feel that there has been something positive happened and it will last for longer than just that one game.

I, for one, thought that the armband was a bit heavy for him to carry, on the park and used this as a reason for his indifferent displays of recent times.

Saturday dispelled this thinking so there must be another reason for this positive improvement.

I love Lee Cox, but his absence at the start of the second half sways me towards Munro. He was outstanding, best game ive seen him in. Very calm and got in the way of everything.

I reckon Terry has been coaching our defence big time. Zdebi-Zadi also looked cool as a cucumber, one of his better performances in the first half aswell!

Keep up these performances and we will be picking up alot of clean sheets!

When Granty played alongside Dods he was consistant. I have a feeling that now he has a reliable co- central defender in Bulvitis with an experienced keeper in Esson behind them, that we will start to see the Granty that we remember from before he became Captain.

I wouldnt be surprised if Butcher is going to have a big effect on our defence this year given his reputation as a defender

I was pleasanlty surprised at how good Munro was but I still voted for Cox for 5 points in the player of the year award and yes it was just because of the goal and a fantastic finish. If it had finished 0-0 Munro would have got my vote

Munro got some undeserved stick last season IMO. He was a rock on Saturday and if we have anychance of returning to the SPL we need that sort of senior performance from him in every game. I expect us to have the best defensive record in the league but it's whether we can score enough goals to see us to promotion

I said it many times last season but Granty suffered in the SPL having to cover for Zadi and regularly having to take on the man to man marking role. On Saturday Zadi was much improved and looks capable of holding his own at the SFL level - that just has to take the pressure of Granty. On Saturday Bulvitis is a no nonsense DEFENDER who looks like a real man marker and has some pace. That also allowed Grant to devote his energies and concentration on marshalling the defence and assuming a mainly central, covering position. Esson is practically a sweeper and a playmaker at times and he regularly starts off going forward with throw outs.

I dont think that Grant has changed that much - he just has more support, less responsibility and more freedom. At times last year he had to do too feckin much because of the deficits of others.

I said it many times last season but Granty suffered in the SPL having to cover for Zadi and regularly having to take on the man to man marking role. On Saturday Zadi was much improved and looks capable of holding his own at the SFL level - that just has to take the pressure of Granty. On Saturday Bulvitis is a no nonsense DEFENDER who looks like a real man marker and has some pace. That also allowed Grant to devote his energies and concentration on marshalling the defence and assuming a mainly central, covering position. Esson is practically a sweeper and a playmaker at times and he regularly starts off going forward with throw outs.

I dont think that Grant has changed that much - he just has more support, less responsibility and more freedom. At times last year he had to do too feckin much because of the deficits of others.

Not only do our players seem to more adequate in this division but you're starting to make sense :rolleyes:

good post, pretty much exactly what I thought about Granty last season. It makes a big difference when Munro has a towering centre half playing beside him i.e our best defensive performances have been when Dods, Tokely & Pavels (towards the end of last season) were his partner.