FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New announcer dude on the park

tm4tj

This is bad news. You'll be sorely missed in that role, Caley D.

Whatever your views on how the club is managed, they do not impact on your ability to do the announcers role, nor (as far as I am aware) have you ever abused that position to suggest any criticism of the Board on match days. Whether you continue as announcer should be purely based on how you perform in that role

It seems the Board are seriously losing the plot here. But if there is a positive in this, it is that Board are clearly aware of the criticisms and are aware of comments on this forum. If the Board have any shred of decency then I challenge them to use this forum to answer the criticisms made.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was (officially) sacked from my (voluntary) Stadium Announcers position on Friday afternoon, although I had already been tipped off as others knew in the morning that it was going to happen....even though the decision wasn't apparently made until a meeting of the Board at Friday lunchtime!!!

On Monday 11th January I was asked to stay back after another meeting by Darren where I was told that the Board were effectively issuing me with a warning that I refrain from posting any negative comments about the club and it's finances on the forum or I would be removed as Stadium Announcer. I refused to accept any gagging order and, as Darren could not provide any specifics about what it was I had said which had upset them, I suggested that it might be an idea that I meet them to see what the problem was.....this meeting never happened and nothing else was said....until yesterday.

I had been out and about all day and noticed about 5 o'clock that I had a voice message on my phone. It was from Darren saying I needed to call him as a matter of urgency. I returned his call and was told that following the Board meeting that afternoon he had been instructed to remove me as Stadium Announcer.

I had been due to do the PA for the U21 Rugby match on the 5th February, something which the SRU had contacted me directly about and I would have been working for and being paid by them. Darren informed me that he had contacted the SRU to say that I was no longer available...in effect, interfering with a private contract and denying me the income deriving from that.

When I asked what if I would still be welcome to go in to the Stadium to do other things I was involved with like the video for the match highlights and the live twitter updates he did not know....apologies to those who rely on the Twitter feed, but now you know why they were few and far between today (Scotty had been doing them based on news coming in from other sources). I also asked if I had been banned from the Stadium altogether and he did not know. I'm still awaiting the call confirming those two situations and thought it best I remain away from TCS to prevent any problems....although I very much doubt I would have had any motivation to attend anyway.

I avoided posting anything on the matter last night. In light of the snow falling outside I had an inkling the club would need volunteers to clear the pitch today and I did not wish the treatment of this one volunteer to put others off from doing their part and I certainly didn't want the finger being pointed at me for poisoning people against helping out and ensuring the game went ahead......I hope all volunteers today were vetted on the way in to ensure none of them had ever said anything negative about the club?

I appreciate that the club are within their rights to dispose of my services, what stinks is the manner in which it has been done and the fact that many issues have been overlooked and not taken into consideration....very likely for reasons of self preservation. However, because I choose not to hide behind an anonymous username when speaking my mind it would appear that I have been singled out from among those connected to the club who post on here.....such is life.

Thats ridiculous.

post-1786-1264887476.jpg

Come the revolution.................................

Complete joke...defies belief that they would not have a meeting to try to discuss things, well it would defy belief if it wasn't our club as they have history of blustering into things and leaving the mess behind when a comprise might have been reached.

The way our club is getting run is getting more embarrassing by the day!!!

It seems the Board are seriously losing the plot here. But if there is a positive in this, it is that Board are clearly aware of the criticisms and are aware of comments on this forum. If the Board have any shred of decency then I challenge them to use this forum to answer the criticisms made.

No they will continue to get their puppets that come on here claiming to be impartial to defend them

Like many I have slowly lost confidence in the people who run our club and this appears to be another example of how they manage their affairs - what a shambles - hopefully they will post this in next week's Courier....

Caley D - sorry to hear it - our club don't deserve people like you who provide their much needed support, time and enthusiasm....

Oh dear, this is not good news at all and I am very sorry to hear of this.

The club shooting itself in the foot again.

:angry: :(

Poor poor show.

By the way, got a tip off about this, very good

My name is Gordon Urquhart

Season book

I am Spartacus...

Love it! ROFLMAO!

Oh dear, this is not good news at all and I am very sorry to hear of this.

The club shooting itself in the foot again.

:angry: :(

Poor poor show.

By the way, got a tip off about this, very good

My name is Gordon Urquhart

Season book

I am Spartacus...

Pure Class!! Superb!

Fair play to you Caley D, for the time you put in at the club and for not coming on here ranting when you got dumped on. Shame to see Darren has become a puppet so fast, I think everybody wished him well not long ago. The oddest part of this is how scared these people are of one person repeating the facts as they happened. So keep it up, dont let the b'stards get you down and the club is all the poorer without you.

I read these forums quite a lot, never comment cos of all the shouters, whingers and blowhards on the site but I have never been compelled to boycott a Caley game untill now.

P.S. Can the blowhards not use this post to underline their on point as that's just tedious.

Fair play to you Caley D, for the time you put in at the club and for not coming on here ranting when you got dumped on. Shame to see Darren has become a puppet so fast, I think everybody wished him well not long ago. The oddest part of this is how scared these people are of one person repeating the facts as they happened. So keep it up, dont let the b'stards get you down and the club is all the poorer without you.

I read these forums quite a lot, never comment cos of all the shouters, whingers and blowhards on the site but I have never been compelled to boycott a Caley game untill now.

P.S. Can the blowhards not use this post to underline their on point as that's just tedious.

I would doubt there was much Darren could do it looks from Caley Ds post that he was just given the bullet and those/him that fired it didn't have the balls to do it themselves.

Its a great pity they can't see past their noses and look at a lot of Caley D's previous posts last year where the majority were urging people to get behind the club and help it in difficult times.

The club seemed to be making a move towards a brighter future when they took CaleyD on board as stadium announcer. He brought ideas to the table and even started to implement some too.

Not only this, he received no wage for his role, showing just how commited he was to improving the matchday experience for us, the fans.

I know CD well and know he'll remain a loyal supporter of Inverness CT. It's just a shame that our 'family' club can try to retract a fan's right to opinion and treat one of their own in such a poor poor manner.

Like many I have slowly lost confidence in the people who run our club and this appears to be another example of how they manage their affairs - what a shambles - hopefully they will post this in next week's Courier...

agree

I had been due to do the PA for the U21 Rugby match on the 5th February, something which the SRU had contacted me directly about and I would have been working for and being paid by them. Darren informed me that he had contacted the SRU to say that I was no longer available...in effect, interfering with a private contract and denying me the income deriving from that.

Ouch. I don't see what right they had to do that if it was an arrangement you made directly with SRU. I'd be as mad as hell if it were me.

Ouch. I don't see what right they had to do that if it was an arrangement you made directly with SRU. I'd be as mad as hell if it were me.

I was looking forward to that rugby match....

I won't be going now.

I was (officially) sacked from my (voluntary) Stadium Announcers position on Friday afternoon, although I had already been tipped off as others knew in the morning that it was going to happen....even though the decision wasn't apparently made until a meeting of the Board at Friday lunchtime!!!

On Monday 11th January I was asked to stay back after another meeting by Darren where I was told that the Board were effectively issuing me with a warning that I refrain from posting any negative comments about the club and it's finances on the forum or I would be removed as Stadium Announcer. I refused to accept any gagging order and, as Darren could not provide any specifics about what it was I had said which had upset them, I suggested that it might be an idea that I meet them to see what the problem was.....this meeting never happened and nothing else was said....until yesterday.

I had been out and about all day and noticed about 5 o'clock that I had a voice message on my phone. It was from Darren saying I needed to call him as a matter of urgency. I returned his call and was told that following the Board meeting that afternoon he had been instructed to remove me as Stadium Announcer.

When I asked what if I would still be welcome to go in to the Stadium to do other things I was involved with like the video for the match highlights and the live twitter updates he did not know....apologies to those who rely on the Twitter feed, but now you know why they were few and far between today (Scotty had been doing them based on news coming in from other sources). I also asked if I had been banned from the Stadium altogether and he did not know. I'm still awaiting the call confirming those two situations and thought it best I remain away from TCS to prevent any problems....although I very much doubt I would have had any motivation to attend anyway.

I avoided posting anything on the matter last night. In light of the snow falling outside I had an inkling the club would need volunteers to clear the pitch today and I did not wish the treatment of this one volunteer to put others off from doing their part and I certainly didn't want the finger being pointed at me for poisoning people against helping out and ensuring the game went ahead......I hope all volunteers today were vetted on the way in to ensure none of them had ever said anything negative about the club?

I appreciate that the club are within their rights to dispose of my services, what stinks is the manner in which it has been done and the fact that many issues have been overlooked and not taken into consideration....very likely for reasons of self preservation. However, because I choose not to hide behind an anonymous username when speaking my mind it would appear that I have been singled out from among those connected to the club who post on here.....such is life.

Shocking. I think we should all write in letters of complaint!

I won't be going now.

Nah, support the Rugby. This has nothing to do with them and the first thing I did was contact them to let them know the situation and they were very understanding. I didn't push the issue as I didn't want to cause them any hassle...more important they put on a great game and we stuff the French :angry:

I'll be there...even if it's in disguise :(

I won't be going now.

Nah, support the Rugby. This has nothing to do with them and the first thing I did was contact them to let them know the situation and they were very understanding. I didn't push the issue as I didn't want to cause them any hassle...more important they put on a great game and we stuff the French :angry:

I'll be there...even if it's in disguise :(

Pink suit with yellow spots?

Absolutely disgusting the way the CD's been treated by the club here.

As has been said before, looks like Darren has become a puppet for those above him quite quickly and as they didn't have the bullocks to get shot of him themselves, he was left to do it.

Shame on the club, and they've just lost another bit of the little respect they had from me.

Well I thought I couldn't lose any more respect for the plonkers that are running our club, but I have. So, so petty and most of all pathetic. This is not a way to treat anyone let alone a 'volunteer', it actually angers me that they can do this to someone. It actually worries me that the board don't have anything better to talk about at their 'meetings' than what action to take over the stadium announcer when there is certainly more pressing issues within the club that need attention. Don't know why anyone would even take up the job now if thats how they treat someone.

Imagine getting offended over something said over a forum, laughable really. If it offends you muppets should stay away and leave it to the 'fans', yes 'the fans' you know the ones who keep the club running. :angry:

Edit: Family club? My arse. Not a way you treat a member of your family is it?

Edited by Iain

Very impressed with the compilation and v funny.

I would say that Caley D has been the most passionate announcer in a long time and its a shame he has been relieved of his duties,its a shame that his services are no longer required, It must have been a difficult decision and Darren of course has got the short straw, but if you have someone working for you paid or unpaid who has a conflict of interest, no matter how good they are at their job,if they then, publicly slate their employer it is guaranteed to ruffle a few feathers.

It must have been a difficult decision and Darren of course has got the short straw, but if you have someone working for you paid or unpaid who has a conflict of interest, no matter how good they are at their job,if they then, publicly slate their employer it is guaranteed to ruffle a few feathers.

Was there a specific post of CD's directed to his employers, which you felt was unfair, or inaccurate

If so, which?