FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New announcer dude on the park

tm4tj

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play for trying to create an atmosphere but we're always going to struggle to get that at home. I was cringing when he started singing. Those ayr fans would have been pi**ing themselves laughing. it was actually embarassing for us.

Keep it simple! Music and halftime scores!

although the young guy with nice blonde hair sounded as though his comment was cut short.........he was probably only going to remind Mr Butcher to make some substitutions.

HAHA, i was standing right next to him :blink: i kept moving naway anytime Don came close :P

Was that you M4TJ???

...it's become a bit of a joke with the staff as to how loud/bad/funny a shirt/t-shirt I can turn up wearing...so be warned, they aren't going to get any better :blink:

Well I was in the Main Stand when you came out, and I was so shocked I dropped my bag of sweeties. I'd just like to apologise to everyone for the rustling noises I made trying to find them again during my temporary loss of sight.

For those not at the game....

This was CD's t-shirt.... :lol:

Is that a sausage roll he's eating?

Wasnt there a shortage of food...

When you do something new, and which is so different from what's come before then there's always the risk/chance that you can/will polarise opinion. This was something we discussed before Saturday and which was discussed again with the club to day following some feedback (including this thread) that we've had.

The general consensus seems to be that it is a move in the right direction, but that it needs some tweaking....which we always knew would be the case....but we will be continuing with the concept of having someone (me for the foreseeable) at pitch side doing announcements and things. It was felt that this is/was better than having a faceless voice stuck away in a box.

We'll play with the level of "interactivity" a bit until we find a level that works for most people and we've also come up with a couple of possible solutions to resolve the issue of getting the music working more in tandem with the speaking.

Also, as I said earlier, the club are keen to introduce other elements to the "Matchday Experience/Entertainment" and they'll continue to work on that.

The club are listening, so keep the feedback, ideas and comments coming.

This was CD's t-shirt.... ;)

Why do the words Demis Roussos keep filling my head ..... oh no, the voices, the voices ...........

_1894393_demis2.jpg

I think you did great! ;)

If the people in the north stand got a bit more enthusiastic & if there were more people in at that time....it would have worked much better... Would it be an idea to try & organise more "pre-match" entertainment to encourage people to arrive early? (The down side of this would be no pies or drinks at half-time... thats another thread!)

Also, I think it would be good to announce the away attandance - I thinks ours was shouted out at Hamilton(?) and its good to know (sometimes!).

Could you try & get a bit of "banter" with the away fans?

Keep up the good work!

This was CD's t-shirt.... ;)

Why do the words Demis Roussos keep filling my head ..... oh no, the voices, the voices ...........

_1894393_demis2.jpg

Oh, I forgot to say..

CaleyD said if anyone wanted to send him a shirt he would wear it!

PM him for his address!

Would it be an idea to try & organise more "pre-match" entertainment to encourage people to arrive early?

This is something that has been talked about.

Also, I think it would be good to announce the away attandance - I thinks ours was shouted out at Hamilton(?) and its good to know (sometimes!).

I can ask if the club collate/want to give out that info

Could you try & get a bit of "banter" with the away fans?

No...this is something that announcers at other grounds have tried and failed at elsewhere and it takes you into very dangerous territory. I did say hello to the Ayr fans and make note of the fact that it was a credit to them that they had all travelled so far for the game, but that's about as far as it's reasonably possible to take things.

The "Fat blokes in football shirts" thread springs to mind ;)

Oh, I forgot to say..

CaleyD said if anyone wanted to send him a shirt he would wear it!

PM him for his address!

60" Chest....just send them to Stadium and mark them as "Shirt for CaleyD/Announcer" :lol:

Guest birdog

60" Chest....just send them to Stadium and mark them as "Shirt for CaleyD/Announcer" ;)

Taking a risk there Don, I hate people to get upset at section G singing "Get you bit's out for the lads"

I'm not sure if the half-time scores were read out or not? (from my seat in section B of North Stand the sound quality was poor and it was difficult to make out what was being said. Could just be a broken tannoy speaker?) but I would like to hear the HT scores. Always raises a cheer when its announced RC are getting beat!

I can see the benfits of having a pitchside presence. Maybe a short interview with some of the players during the pre-match warm-up would be good? Interspersed with a bit music it'd definitely be an improvement on what's gone before. ;)

Lack of HT Scores was a screw up on my part.....I did have them on my phone, but my phone is hard to see in daylight, and was impossible with the sun on Saturday.....will get this sorted for future.

Speaking to players pre-match is unlikely to happen...they are rightly concentrating on warm-up and getting into "game mode" and I think it's best they aren't distracted from that.

Having music interspersed with the talking should improve as we have a couple of workaround's to take care of the technical deficiencies of the PA System.

Speaking to players pre-match is unlikely to happen...they are rightly concentrating on warm-up and getting into "game mode" and I think it's best they aren't distracted from that.

Fair comment.

Hows about a word with TB pre-match? or some banter with subs at the half-time kick about - Crossbar challenge maybe?