FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New announcer dude on the park

tm4tj

The shirt or shirts (todays was calm compared to the one I had on a fortnight ago) came about as a result of me turning up for the first home game fully suited and booted as a result of having coming straight from work. The staff were ribbing me for being "the best dressed announcer in Scottish Football" that day, so the following match I turned it on it's head for a laugh and wore a bright blue Caribbean shirt for a bit of a laugh....best dressed to worst dressed in a week.

As a result it's become a bit of a joke with the staff as to how loud/bad/funny a shirt/t-shirt I can turn up wearing...so be warned, they aren't going to get any better :rolleyes:

Just wear the new Partick away top Don can't get anymore loud/bad/funny than that

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After my earlier "constructive" criticism, I have to say well done Caley D.

A bit of quality today, and the sound seemed good to me in the North Stand.

Definitely worth doing regularly.

Very risky tactic trying to get participation out of the Main Stand though.

The main stand walk over was mint!! well done big yin, I enjoyed the banter.. you tryed and passed,keep that up and we could do theamed walk round with hoola girls and the likes, I saw a few old school face's today, the likes of Marty Lyle, you should try see if you can get a view from the likes of him.. just an idea. but still mint effort big yin!!

Get back in your box man. It's torture enough having to watch ICT at times. Forcing us to be captive audience to an excitable attention seeker running around the pitch with a microphone is just too much. It brought back awful memories of the old Tich McCooey half time show. I'd rather they just kept it simple. Tell us the half time scores and then play some tunes.

Is there a 'sweetie rustler' smilie on the site?

The radio Mic does seem to be far better....not perfect by any means, but an improvement.

With regards to the music v talking....again, we've come up against limitations on the PA system which doesn't allow us to set up the radio mic with VOC, but I do have someone giving me a hand up in the box and we'll work a bit more on trying to co-ordinate it and get a manual system working.

There's a lot of "making the best of what we have", and trust me that's as frustrating for me and the club as it can be for those in the stands, but I think we're working in the right direction and it will get better....and hopefully one day a bit of money can be found from somewhere to upgrade the PA and maybe get in some Karaoke.

No HT Challenge today...and that's in part down to the fact that there's a realisation that there's no point in having it just for the sake of having it, especially if it's not providing any entertainment value. It's not gone altogether, we're just trying to come up with something people might want to see and we're also looking at other possible forms of HT entertainment.....ideas/suggestions welcome on that one.

As that was our first try at getting a person out there with the mic I will admit that I was flying by the seat of my pants just a little.....but I tend to do that anyway to try and avoid things coming across as overly scripted, even though you can never get away from the fact that it is/has to be as it's as much about putting out information as it is about being entertaining.

My aim, and some might not like/agree with it, is to make the crowd more a part of things instead of just a spectator to things. Today was a major change to what has been done before and, for the most part, I think the idea has been well received (even if it does need some work/tweaking). Those of you in the stand can do your part, and did do your part today. I love the heckling....it doesn't bother me as I can feed off it....and the more people who get into it the more it will spread and the better the matchday atmosphere will become......which is what everyone wants at the end of the day.

Thoroughly looking forward to getting out there at the C*unty game with the added buzz and banter that comes with these games.

Oh....I was joking about the Karaoke :(

Don, you'll need to get a County shirt so you can do a Paisley Panda.

Good work, though, but you'll need to choose your old gits a bit more carefully before asking for comments :(

Dont let the bestards get ya down CD - feckin good on ya and keep it feckin going. A lot of peeple have complained about the lack of atmosphere at TCS and at least you are trying to up the craic and get some of the sad sweetie rustling whingers to take part - as far as I am concerned - even if you wound them up it was feckin worth it.

ICT's own Fat Boy Slim :024: :024: :lol:

Fancy making it a double act in the near future :(

Dont let the bestards get ya down CD - feckin good on ya and keep it feckin going. A lot of peeple have complained about the lack of atmosphere at TCS and at least you are trying to up the craic and get some of the sad sweetie rustling whingers to take part - as far as I am concerned - even if you wound them up it was feckin worth it.

ICT's own Fat Boy Slim :024: :024: :lol:

Fancy making it a double act in the near future :(

I thought it was more like slim boy fat.............

Get back in your box man. It's torture enough having to watch ICT at times. Forcing us to be captive audience to an excitable attention seeker running around the pitch with a microphone is just too much. It brought back awful memories of the old Tich McCooey half time show. I'd rather they just kept it simple. Tell us the half time scores and then play some tunes.

You might get a row for that one :)

Guest birdog

Jeez that was some U turn , find out its one of the senior Mods and its " not bad for a first attempt " , talk about brown nosing :)

Nah, I didn't realize it was an amateur. The fact that he has the power to delete me has nothing to do with it. :rotflmao:

Far from being an amateur, CaleyD has professed to having MC'd and DJ'd all over the Highlands.