FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

How far can Andy go at U.S. Open

Blacknred25

Thats a good shout DC, glorious failures.

However, one day it will all come good for Murray. He has been knocking on the door for the last few grand slam events. I still think that Federer and Nadal are the ones to beat, but with a favourable draw he could do very well indeed. I will certainly be giving him 100% backing from my armchair.

Go on Andy, this is your best chance of a slam title and on your preferred surface, give it your best shot.

First game out of the way. Gulbis is a tough hard hitting opponent and Murray did well to contain him. With the right coaching Gulbis could go to the top. As it was, Murray had to weather the storm then strike at the right time. Good win for Murray against a player who when on his game is no pushover.

He's seeded to face Nadal in the semi final. I predict that that will be as far as he'll go this year.

When did Nadal come back? Thought he was out for a few months

He came back last month at the Rogers Cup. I think Murray will beat Nadal in the semi-final if Nadal even makes it that far but I can't look past Federer once again to win this year after seeing him completely demolish Murray a couple of weeks ago.

Another Spanish stroll (well Chile won't fit) for Murray after Mink de Ville gave him a wake up call in the second set. Murray turned up the heat, cut out the unforced errors and cruised into the next round. Next up for Murray is Taylor Dent on Sunday.

Sat up to watch it, could not believe the wummins game that preceded it. The Russian wifie had about half a dozen match points and blew it big style, losing the second set and then crashing 6-0 in the third set as well as beating up her knees for letting her down. All in, that delayed the start of the Murray match for about an hour.

Murray was just cruisin, he simply blew Dent away, despite some serves reaching 145mph from the Yank. The going will get tougher now though as all the big names are through apart from Roddick. All of those left in the tournament are capable of doing enough to win it on a purple patch. Tsonga will be a particular threat as will Del Potro and watch out for Monfils being the dark horse. He looked mighty impressive last round, extremely athletic.

Murray on court just now. Tougher opponent this round, the big hitting Croat, Cilic. Tight first set with Murray at the moment looking most likely to take a lead. 5-5 in the first set.

Likely opponent for the winner will be Del Potro. He is one set and 4-3 up on Ferrero.

Oooerrr

Murray has just dropped the first set while del Potro is two sets up.

Oh dear, the body lingo from Murray is not good, if he does not buck his ideas up he will be out.

3-0 down to two service breaks in the second set.

Edited by themann4thejob
update.