FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT fans

DornochCaley

Firstly, sorry for bringing this up again. But today as we were leaving the stadium, a woman said to me "why do you and your mates come to the games?"

So i replied

"Because we support the team"

Then she said

"Well you have a weird way of showing it. Why bother coming to the games if you are going to be like that"

So i said in return

"Atleast we give support to the club unlike people like you who just sit on their fat arses!"

I am disillusioned with the club and some of the fans. We try our best to give the team support yet we get no support in return except some of you on this forum. Ok...We didnt sing much today but its hard to when you get penilised for it. I really dont know what to do. Im thinking of writing a letter to the club to ask if we fans who try and support the club can get support from them in return and actually give us support when we have fans like this woman who thinks she is so high and mighty compaired to us.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, sorry for bringing this up again. But today as we were leaving the stadium, a woman said to me "why do you and your mates come to the games?"

So i replied

Then she said

"Well you have a weird way of showing it. Why bother coming to the games if you are going to be like that"

So i said in return

"Atleast we give support to the club unlike people like you who just sit on their fat arses!"

I am disillusioned with the club and some of the fans. We try our best to give the team support yet we get no support in return except some of you on this forum. Ok...We didnt sing much today but its hard to when you get penilised for it. I really dont know what to do. Im thinking of writing a letter to the club to ask if we fans who try and support the club can get support from them in return and actually give us support when we have fans like this woman who thinks she is so high and mighty compaired to us.

Dornoch , are you in Section G ? i heard a wifie telling the boys to stop swearing there today :006:

Some quotes from other topics...

We are rubbish...end of.

I have one thing to say....GTF BUTCHER!

This will be true. The club have sold us out. No suprise

Seems like you want to have a good look at yourself before you start criticising others.

Different people have different ways of supporting the club, if yours is to come on here and moan about the team, the manager and also the club in general, then so be it.

I agree with you that you should be allowed to sing and create an atmosphere but this whole "section G" thing is a load of pish. They cant be known for creating an atmosphere because at all of the games I have been at in the last year or so I have hardly heard any noise. There is the occasional song but not a lot.

You are not going to get more people to join in by not singing songs. You lot have to start it off. Then you will get all the little kids that want to go and join you to learn the words and join in. I know becuase I did that when I was younger and we were last in the first divison. In the terracing I loved standing behind the goal trying to sing the songs becase it was great fun

There is nobody making a decen atmosphere. If the stewards get on at you for swearing (which I dont think they should be getting on at you for) then sing songs that dont have swears for a wee while. Soon enough you will get people realising that you really are hear to support the club and will appreciate what you are doing

Becuase right now you are not creating much of an atmosphere

Some quotes from other topics...

We are rubbish...end of.

I have one thing to say....GTF BUTCHER!

This will be true. The club have sold us out. No suprise

Seems like you want to have a good look at yourself before you start criticising others.

Different people have different ways of supporting the club, if yours is to come on here and moan about the team, the manager and also the club in general, then so be it.

I dont understand how that has anything to do with us being told not to come to the games and the fact we arnt given much support.

We try our best to give the team support

Some quotes from your opening post senor.. In the quotes I've put up it doesn't seem like you do give much support to the team, but yet are quite happy to gurn about other people because they don't support you?

Totally agree Dornoch Caley - and I also agree that the treatment the club dish out to the support in section G is despicable.

You DO create an effective atmosphere (on the rare occasions that Butcher doesn't knock the wind out of everyone's sails)

(on the rare occasions that Butcher doesn't knock the wind out of everyone's sails)

Meaning?

Meaning - when Butcher sets the team up to play so abysmally that it is near impossible for any supporter to get excited or make a noise.

As individuals we all have very differing ideas on how we should support our team, none of us are wrong, none of us are right, we just need to keep on doing what we are doing. We will all **** someone off at some point, who cares? If we keep giving our support we can do no more, just don't worry about it and remember everyone's values are based on different things. The only thing that we need to do is not give up, no matter how hard it seems.

(on the rare occasions that Butcher doesn't knock the wind out of everyone's sails)

Meaning?

Meaning - when Butcher sets the team up to play so abysmally that it is near impossible for any supporter to get excited or make a noise.

**** sakes, we know you want him out (along with others and myself included) but does everysingle post you make have to refer to Butcher getting the sack? Very petty.

Totally agree Dornoch Caley - and I also agree that the treatment the club dish out to the support in section G is despicable.

You DO create an effective atmosphere (on the rare occasions that Butcher doesn't knock the wind out of everyone's sails)

When leaving i saw this i think, i was the only lad standing forward from the singing section along with GringoJnr i think, when the final whistle went, the lady i saw speak to one of the lads coming down from behind me had actually left her seat about 5 mins before the whistle and was waithing by the gate, as a supporter I like the lads behind waited untill the end of the game and didnt up sticks and leave to try and get out early....... whos the better fan, the ones that stay back or go early???

Whichever one gets behind the team instead of gurning like funk whenever they get half a chance.

Fair enough, but why blow smoke up there arses and say everythings ok when its not?

Whichever one gets behind the team instead of gurning like funk whenever they get half a chance.

Fair enough, but why blow smoke up there arses and say everythings ok when its not?

Because he cant come out and say we are all **** it is all a diaster and we are not going to get promoted

I know we already know it but if you hear the manager come out with that it is not exactly what you want to here.

You are right in what you are saying but he cant say that

Because he cant come out and say we are all **** it is all a diaster and we are not going to get promoted

I know we already know it but if you hear the manager come out with that it is not exactly what you want to here.

Why not, we pay our money.. what if those that arnt allowed to have an opinion stopped going to games? (supporting) then what.... we are proper funked then, I'd say easy 1000 folk today didnt like what they saw and said somthing... then next week when it gets worse and another 1000 stop saying anything and stop going... ICT...What ICT

IMO there are two types of folk follow Caley,

Fans - Check the score on Ceefax and the likes buys a top and reads the odd blog.

Supporters - Buy Season tickets, or just goes when they can, home and/or away who feel they are making a difference to the team...

I'm an ICT Supporter

Edited by Georgeios

Why not, we pay our money.. what if those that arnt allowed to have an opinion stopped going to games? (supporting) then what.... we are proper funked then, I'd say easy 1000 folk today didnt like what they saw and said somthing... then next week when it gets worse and another 1000 stop saying anything and stop going... ICT...What ICT

IMO there are two types of folk follow Caley,

Fans - Check the score on Ceefax and the likes buys a top and reads the odd blog.

Supporters - Buy Season tickets, or just goes when they can, home and/or away who feel they are making a difference to the team...

I'm an ICT Supporter

Sorry I was actually talking about butcher. I thought that you were as well

Yeah the fans are allowed to say what they like but I would rather see the fans trying to be positive and try to get behind the team throughout the 90 mins. If we get beat then show your frustration at the end of the game by booing as they walk off.

Not slating the players and staff after every slack pass and then moaning for the rest of the game

When things are going well there can be a great atmosphere in Section G, or indeed the whole of the North Stand.

Conversely, when things are not going so well, those in Section G, generally being the most vocal, are most likely to give vent to their feelings, often in the most foul-mouthed manner imaginable.

Don't get me wrong - I'm no prude, and can be pretty fluent myself in certain circumstances, but most people of a more mature persuasion know how far to go.

The trouble with this Section G thing is that the atmosphere is often ruined by silly wee boys who don't know when to shut up. I've seen parents with young kids there who are positively intimidated by the potty-mouthed yobs they find themselves sitting beside.

I'm sure that with a little thought, these young lads could create an atmosphere without necessarily ruining it for all around them.

Sorry - but I'm with the fat-ar$ed lady on this one!

I'm an ICT Supporter

Fan is an abbreviation of 'fanatic' so I would expect fans to be a bit more extreme in their support than that!

There was a young lad (pre teen) in the north stand who was voicing his opinion repeatedly towards the end of the game. He was obviously as frustrated as the rest of us, but all he managed to achieve was to get the backs up of others around him to then began shouting up him to shut up. Felt quite sorry for him at the end.

For all those who dont like what we do, well thats too bad. The thing is, we are a small group of lads that try our best to create an atmosphere. If you go to big clubs, there are hundereds trying to create an atmosphere and they do the same things we do yet they dont get half the **** we do. Its a joke and im getting really tired of trying to give support to the club and make other fans happy but still get complained about at the same time. It really flattens you when you go to away games and such, cheer the club on all the time, but at home of all places, its more like we are away. We that sing get a better reception away than we do at the TCS and im seriously considering giving up going to the games if this rubbish continues. I am not the only one in Section G that thinks the same and what will happen when we all go? Fair enough, many will be happy they wont have to put up with us "foul mouthed youths" though many will also be dissapointed as there will be less of us and more of the type of people who sit in silence unless they are complaining.