FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Proctor

ICTFCkev

Seems to be a bit of a dark horse in terms of contributing goals for us.. Yet a lot of people on here don't seem to rate the boy. I think he works hard, is effective in both attack and defence, and as shown in the last couple of games is a goal threat for us, which we definitely need at the moment. Dont know how anyone could pick Duncan or McBain ahead of him in their teams. Not a dig at any of those players by the way.. Just the boy is on form just now, and will arguably be a vital player for us this season.

He was poor today until he was moved further infield and Imrie replaced him on the right. He started right mid did he not? but he kept moving into centre and leaving their left winger in acres of space. Got caught out 3 or 4 times like this. He came onto a game after the switch and took his goal well and was unlucky not to score the winner. What I like about Proctor is that he tries to place the ball on goal and doesn't just lash the ball and try and burst the net.

I had to admit to taking a large slice of humble pie on Tuesday Night. Arriving at Starks Park and hearing the team lines and him starting I was f'ing and blinding and making comments about him being a useful utility player and we had better have suffered a load of injuries in order for him to have been handed a start.......after the game, I ended up giving him my MotM :lol:

Spoke to him briefly before the game on Saturday, congratulated him on his goal from Tuesday and told him that it wasn't the prettiest, but it was deserved for shear effort.....and that I'd happily take another of them against the Pars.....and he didn't let me down.

It's only a couple of games, but he's fast losing his "Utility Player" tag, and I'd now be a bit hacked off if we weren't seeing him in the starting line up again next weekend.

Thinking about it, Just after Duncan, Tokely McBain and Munro he's the longest serving current player on the books (if you discount Golly since he left and the came back. Most of the others have been here 1 , maybe 2 seasons at best.

Imrie is probably next in line after proctor with 2 and a half years. Ridiculous how much of a turn over on the playing staff we've had.

Always felt his best position was in the midfield role or sitting just behind letting others play. But he can also get forward to support which in recent weeks has proved most useful indeed.

Always felt his best position was in the midfield role or sitting just behind letting others play. But he can also get forward to support which in recent weeks has proved most useful indeed.

I'd also love to see him as a sitting midfielder (or sweeper if we ever play that way). Tidy in the tackle, good vision, not strong enough in the air for a central defender but good enough in the midfield, lacks both pace and a non-stop engine. Sounds like defensive mid to me.