FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tannoy Announcer

918loyal

What does everybody think of our tannoy announcer, and the entertainment in general before the game, and at half time.

I think he is pretty poor to be honest, he doesn't speak with any excitment or emotion in his voice.  He needs to stop being so mono-toned, especially when reading out the teams at the start - He speaks with absolutely no excitment in his voice.  When I hear the teams I want him to shout the line up's with a bit of excitment, try to get the crowd going, just like at other SPL grouds!!

As for the music choice, it is dire!!

Need to get the disco brothers in to sort out the entertainment!!!

iam not sure what he,s like as can never hear him the pa is that crap,i sit beside tunnel and everyoen near me struggles to hear scores and 50/50 results,but it would help if the guy didnt announce the half tiem scores as soon as whistle goes as u defiently cant hear the scores

rosco17 - Being a DJ, you should surely be aware that one of the most annoying things is when a person comes up and asks "Can you play something good", the conversation then goes back and forth with you asking what they want and them just constantly saying "Something Good" or "Something better than this" -

The Tannoy Announcer used to read these forums, he probably still does, and I am sure he would be happy to hear your (specific) requests/suggestions.

There might be a case for having a "guest" announcer on odd occasions... If someone's got some original ideas for entertaining and informing supporters they should be given a chance.

I agree with Caley 100 - some of the tannoy announcers at other clubs can get on the nerves big time...