FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dragonforce live at Ironworks

kiltarlity

erm.....eh...Sadly.....i m washing my hair that night kiltarlity :lol:

Just be glad you got some still to wash, It's at times like this I miss my shoulder length locks.

Anyone lend me some leather trousers and a bullet belt, daughter has already offered to let me have a shot of her Hannah Montana wig... :D

G

Edited by kiltarlity

Almost right!, many metal fans have questioned if the band can actually play their studio material, some say it's multi-layered and sped up when recorded.

Live they have played some damn awful gigs. This is down mostly to bad live sound mixing, a big problem if their onstage monitors are not cutting it, and onstage drunken-ness. As you can hear (without having to like them) their music is highly technical and fast. It is very very hard to play.. and unfortunately they are not seasoned pro's like Dream Theatre and on a much lower budget equipment wise. Live they are now supposed to be much better than a couple of years ago.

Unfortunately their previous problems have led to them being nicknamed Dragonfarce and Studioforce by some.

G

Edited by kiltarlity

I'd never come across them until there was a track of theirs (Last Journey Home) on a free compilation CD that came with Classic Rock magazine recently. Thought it was pretty awesome guitar work, but I can see how they'd struggle to play it live.

Really looking forward to this gig..., I have head one of CTO mods is getting ready to rumble, anyone else going to watch them blow the roof of the ironworks...

G

i'll be there right enuff!! pm me if you fancy a meet!

had planned to go to metallica uk last weekend but was too not well..

had also planned frightened rabbit and the fabby phantom band but have to babysit instead.

• 3 weeks later...

What was this gig like then?

The Sound quality was pretty poor but the gig was great. There was two supporting Bands who were good (sabaton and another band who i didnt catch the name of) and my mate got Herman Lee's (Lead guitarist) Guitar Pick