FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Motherwell Game Off

jwok

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again the police have recommended the match be cancelled because of what they see as a risk to public safety.

Between 2pm and 5pm on Saturday there will probably be greater crowds heading to and from Tesco Retail Park in quite dangerous conditions, both for cars and pedestrians.

And as if conditions weren't dangerous enough, many of these cars are likely to be driven by women. :022:

Shouldn't the police be recommending the closure of all retail parks on Saturday afternoons?

Exactly ................... was in and around Inverness today, and am gobsmacked that some 2-bob penpusher :029: has made this decision. Conditions were far worse in Inverurie last year when the game was played.

anyone know the Coin Toss ruling, coz if OB stick with these parameters this game could be outstanding for weeks. :018:

But the game was not being played today. They are taking into account the weather for the weekend. There are more pressing things for the polis to be doing than keeping an eye on three thousand half canned football fans, some of whom will have to return to the central belt in total darkness over one of the most notorious routes in Britain, is sub zero temperatures.

Whats wrong with folk.

Once again the police have recommended the match be cancelled because of what they see as a risk to public safety.

Between 2pm and 5pm on Saturday there will probably be greater crowds heading to and from Tesco Retail Park in quite dangerous conditions, both for cars and pedestrians.

And as if conditions weren't dangerous enough, many of these cars are likely to be driven by women. :029:

Shouldn't the police be recommending the closure of all retail parks on Saturday afternoons?

The reason behind the inconsistency is that football grounds require a safety certificate and shopping centres etc do not. So the police are extremely influential in one, and not interested in the other.

And as if conditions weren't dangerous enough, many of these cars are likely to be driven by women. :029:

Women driving cars, what the hell are they doing out of the kitchen, disgracefull :022:

Women driving cars, what the hell are they doing out of the kitchen, disgracefull :022:

Careful mate, remember the ambulance might not be able to get to you when your missus gives you a kicking :018:

I assume the decision was taken purely on Saturday and not on the basis of the proposed alternative date of Tuesday 12th?

The forecast for Saturday (afternoon tie) is unbroken sunshine and a flat clam. The current best projection for Tuesday night is a risk of flurries and Strong SE winds. From the point of view of fans in the stadium watching, Saturday is looking far more favourable. That said, the skiing is a bit to epic to miss this weekend, so a mid-week game suits me this time! :029: :022:

BBC forecast for Inverness over next five days

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/16

Even if it wqsn't called of now I think it would be on the day.

And all you who are wingeing about the game being off. Spare a thought for those who've been out on north sea platforms keeping the supplies of winter fuel stocked up so you lot can stay warm in your hooses. Many have been here since before christmas with limited prospects of getting back to their families in the next couple of days due to the weather.

And all you who are wingeing about the game being off. Spare a thought for those who've been out on north sea platforms keeping the supplies of winter fuel stocked up so you lot can stay warm in your hooses. Many have been here since before christmas with limited prospects of getting back to their families in the next couple of days due to the weather.

As hot as 2 deg on tue night! I'm looking forward to it, thats 13 degs hotter that saturday night, should I take a jacket.

I spoke to the police officer involved in the meeting with ICT regarding the game cancellation this morning, he did think that the tuesday game had a little chance of going ahead. unless of course the weather changes for the better and we have clear roads/pavements.

Edited by caley100

i'd prefer to spare a thought for those that cant work at all because of the weather

I would not, what temperature does vodka freeze at?

Given that vodka is in effect a 37.5% solution of ethanol in water, I could guess about minus 20 centigrade, so unless you are in the darkest inland Highlands you should be OK. :025:

And also the fact that your body is made up of 70% water which the voddie will no doubt infuse with..

:P @ The Knowledge

Alex, appreciate the sentiment but that's their job. They chose to do that.

What are the roads / streets like around the ground? Not sure if any other Aberdeen based ICT fans have been around Pittodrie recently but given the state of the roads and pavements around that ground I am absolutely astounded that their game has been given the go ahead by the police. Linksfield Road is just a solid sheet of ice.