FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Leon Morgan

Guest ictbrummie

Guest ictbrummie

Firstly Hello to everyone, I'm new to the board, but not to ICT :003:

I come from Leamington in England and support their local team (non-league step 5) as well as supporting ICT. I was reading a match report the other day for Leamington's matches and noticed a throw away comment about their captain called Leon Morgan, where it stated he was a former ICT player :010:

Does anyone know anything about this? I certainly never remember seeing anything about him at the club and have not found any other references to it on the net. I'd really like to know if its true as I thought I was only link between Leamington FC and Inverness.

Cheers.

Alan Morgan played for Cheltenham  :001: :001: :001: :001:

MORGAN RE-SIGNS

Last season's captain Leon Morgan has re-signed.  Leon joined Leamington from Rugby Town before the start of the 2004-05 season, and has made 86 appearances and scored 28 goals for the Brakes.  Earlier in his career he played in Malta and for Inverness Caledonian.  :017:

AUGUST 2005

Former Inverness Caledonian Thistle ace and rumoured Brackley Town target, skipper Leon Morgan opened the account on 11 minutes.

MUST BE TRUE THEN  :001: :001: :001: :001:

Ian Broadfoot's book lists every player ever to have played for the club up to 2004, and he ain't one of them. Don't recall him in the last 2 years either.

Maybe he once trained with the club for a few days? Or his CV was embellished to help him get a club?!

Guest ictbrummie

He's a fairly memorable looking chap, the only pic on the net I've found of him is here

http://www.pellier.co.uk/Local/Leamington/dp0453/dp0453.htm

He is the top row, far right. If you can't get the link; he's +6 foot, black, with a short afro and a short beard, and he puts himself about a bit in midfield. Put it this was, you're not going to miss him!!!

Also its he isn't Scottish as far as I know and he played for leamington last season, the only option that remains is he played for Inverness for one season after Ian's book came out and before he played for Leamington 2005-2006. Doesn't seem very likely?? :015:

I wonder if it might be something to do with me? I was at that match on August 2005 that the bloke wrote about in his blog and that you've pasted above, and if I was talking about Inverness with my mates that fellow might have overhead me and either got confused about Leon, or thought "that's a random sounding team I'll make something about a Leam player having played for them." And its snowballed from there without anyone actually checking the facts or asking the bloke himself! :017:

Really, really odd though.

Sounds like your fault then  :015: :015: :015:

Ian's book is only 2 years old- it was written to celebrate 10 years of the club and coincided with us reaching the SPL. I can't remember a black player ever turning out for us, never mind a big, bearded, afro-ed one. We tend to do small, pasty and ginger as a rule  :015: :015: :015: :015:

Ah ha - it appears the programme editor is also the Leamington FC web-site adminstrator and I bet he is a firend of the blog man  :001: :001:  Maybe he is the source of all the mystery  :017:

Leamington FC

Match Day Programmes' Editor

Roger Vincent

91 Stirling Avenue

Leamington Spa

Warwickshire CV32 7HW

Tel: 01926 745014

Email: programme@leamingtonfc.co.uk

I remember this lad being on trial many moons ago after he'd been released by someone down south.  I also remember seeing him after he was pointed out to me at le stade.  He certainly never played a first team game.  Neither of the pics posted on this thread are of him.  If you go back about five or six players you'll find the real Leon who might be using some artistic licence on his CV. :004: