FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

crowd size

Guest airbornejake

Guest airbornejake

I have lived in engerland to long i suppose, but crowd size the best average CALEY could do last year  was a high of 7332. The first div in engerland bottom team Crew had 6778, top team in Egerland averaged 63000. how do you deal with that , sort of income makes all the differance. I watch calley on santanta when i can but quality football is in the Engerland prem. i dont know how you survive on those numbers.

It's not just the numbers though, it's the massive TV deal the Premiership has. So even though the Old Filth get bigger crowds than nearly anybody in England, they can only dream about paying >£10M for a player, and they are now restricting their wages to about £8000 p/w.

I'd rather watch crap football every week than live in Engurland though  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

Guest kingkojak

they can only dream about paying >£10M for a player, and they are now restricting their wages to about £8000 p/w.

somehow i doubt graveson has just signed for them for about £8k p/w.   

despite the financial hardship that has become such a big factor of the scottish game over recent years and the apparent closing of the gap beween the OF and the rest of the SPL, the tics signing Graveson shows that the gap is still as huge as bernard manning's underpants. 

as for crowd size,  well im optomistic about the future.  i hope that ICT's geographical location goes in the clubs favour and the club can keep attracting younger footy fans from the highlands and islands who want to see SPL football. 

i think our average gate so far is pretty good compared to the rest of the SPL but im confident it will improve substantially over the next few years, just as long as we maintain SPL football

You certainly never heard me saying the gap between the OF and the rest was closing.

I was just trying to answer what the original poster asked, ie if we were in the Prem we would hardly need a support with the amount of TV money they get.

While it's true the tims probably made an exception for Graveson (Strachan's final part of the jigsaw, let me have Graveson and I'll let you have the league, and all that shite), the fact is the OF are both offloading the big earners such as Balde and Lovenkrands. Maybe £8000 was a bit on the low side but that's the kind of money they offer their native Scots and players from smaller nations. I bet Hutton, Steven Smith, Wallace, Pearson etc, even Maloney, aren't on big money.

Most of Scottish football is fecked, and I've been going to games since that year the English keep going on about, so it's obvious to me.

I think ICT will (slightly) buck the trend of falling attendances due to the unique circumstances at our club. As for us ever filling the stadium for run of the mill games, not a chance.

I have lived in engerland to long i suppose, but crowd size the best average CALEY could do last year  was a high of 7332. The first div in engerland bottom team Crew had 6778, top team in Egerland averaged 63000. how do you deal with that , sort of income makes all the differance. I watch calley on santanta when i can but quality football is in the Engerland prem. i dont know how you survive on those numbers.

Jake : We see plenty of Premiership football up here, thanks to Sky Sports, and the Beeb.... A lot of it could never, ever be described as quality..... :012:  :sleep01:

Guest airbornejake

So johnboy the football you watch, and the football i watch are worlds apart, but i am glad that the 3000 watching your game are watching quality footy unlike myself and the 35,ooo Portsmouth fans who have to watch sh1te like Chelsea and Man Unt, Arsenal ect.

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

Get out of that Johnboy.....

Mind you, whatever quality it is, I'd rather be at an ICT game once a week (or even a Junior or HL game for that matter) than watch anything on telly. Football on telly is shite no matter how many cameras, replays, interviews etc they cram in.

He certainly was'nt man of the match last time eh!

But what Mantis says is a valid point, we could watch Premiership footie on tv if we wanted, but seeing your own team live is better than the armchair.

Airborntit, it is impossible to compare the SPL and the Premiership, just compare the population difference between the two countries to see how the tv money works.

Guest airbornejake

Sorry cotter but div 1 2 3 in engerland is far more entertaining. take away all that bile that your two O/F  teams spout and there is nothing left. and you pay amazing amounts of money to watch it.

Guest Cotter

airborne im also a follower of the quackers who have a bigger catchment but only managed 4500 at there last game, which is our average gate. We also don't have the revenue to pay big bucks because of where we are. I'm quite happy to renew my  season ticket every year to watch caley.

Jake- Apart from asking how we survive on shite crowds I can't see the point of your post other than to sound smug. I don't know how you can say anything is more entertaining. That's subjective surely- some people think Barry Manilow is entertaining.

I've actually been at a few lower league English games in my time and some were downright dire. A shite game with a good crowd is still a shite game.

Anyway I've got more reasons to live than just fitba. Maybe that's the only thing that makes it bearable for you living down there- that's me being smug  :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

Guest airbornejake

i have to say mantis i most certainly was not gloating, sorry if i came across like that. i realy just wondered how a team with X support  manged to compete with a team earning  X amount. i never meant to gloat.  i would accept that to watch your own team means more than watching quality footy.