FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kenny Cameron

highlandexile

Good to see Kenny Cameron back on the board of directors again. He was a good asset to the board the last time and made a huge difference in the communication between board and fans.

Also saw him in the away end on Saturday.

Lets hope this is the start of better communication.

Good luck Kenny.

Copy of the Press Release now on the front page of the site.

Wholeheartedly agree with HighlandExile on this one. Kenny is one of the good guys and was instrumental in helping establish the likes of BB the first time round as a board member. He also tried to re-establish it along with myself and Donald from outside the boardroom and who knows, perhaps it will be third time lucky now that he is back on the inside.

The key points for me are the Chairman's comment that "We see Kenny as having a link role between the board and supporters' organisations to further understanding and mutual development" and Kenny's assertion that "This club is most successful when everyone concerned pulls together and works for the common good. I will do what I can in that direction" .....

Both comments echo fundamental complaints that have been raised on here - and elsewhere - about our club and I look forward to seeing some positive movement on this :rolleyes:

Kenny will have his work cut out for him...on both sides...and I don't envy him the job of being the man in the middle. However, it's a situation that has long been in need of a respected (and trusted) individual who is both willing and able to bring everyone back to the table and start getting ICT back on track.

What inspires me most about this appointment is that Kenny comes to the task with no motive other than what is best for ICT....you just have to look at his involvement with the Youth Trust to see that.

Everything is not going to become suddenly rosy over night and theirs issues out there that, IMO, need to be dealt with before anyone can start expecting people to work together properly. Nearly all the respect and trust that existed between the fans and the board has disappeared over the last 5 or 6 years and, again IMO, the clubs word has become worthless, which means they will have to rely heavily on actions.

I just hope that the rest of the Board are aware of how bad things have become and have the balls to do what's needed to allow Kenny to do what he has been asked to do, and whilst I don't think the club deserve the benefit of the doubt on anything, I hope that the fans will do their bit if and when the situation permits.

Good to see Kenny Cameron back on the board of directors again. He was a good asset to the board the last time and made a huge difference in the communication between board and fans.

Also saw him in the away end on Saturday.

Lets hope this is the start of better communication.

Good luck Kenny.

Think this is a step in the right direction as the man himself says everything works better if everyone works together. Dont expect lots to change overnight but hopefully this is the start of things looking up in the communication and trust departments.

Until lasting improvements appear i'll keep my sceptical hat on for now. The club have in the past few years failed in so many areas of customer service, it isn't funny. From ejecting supporters wrongly, to ignoring business opportunities such as online ticketing, to refusing information that should be in the public domain, to refuse to interact with fans, to bungling contracts, to costing the club money, to bringing the club into disrepute, to removing volunteers for silly reasons, to failing to consult fans, and worst of all alienating fans.

If Mr Cameron can address all these issues, then i'll be impressed...

Edited by Kirishima

Cant guarantee he will fix each and every issue to your satisfaction Kirishima as he will only be one board member out of a group, but I can guarantee you that he will try to address everything he can and he will take it to the boardroom in a manner that no-one else does right now.

As Don says, its a big task, but having known Kenny for a number of years, I am sure he will relish the challenge.

Cant guarantee he will fix each and every issue to your satisfaction Kirishima as he will only be one board member out of a group, but I can guarantee you that he will try to address everything he can and he will take it to the boardroom in a manner that no-one else does right now.

As Don says, its a big task, but having known Kenny for a number of years, I am sure he will relish the challenge.

Well, I shall wait and see. His intentions may be very honourable, but as you alluded to, it's not solely up to him, which perhaps is the snag here, I will defer to your knowledge here, as I know him not from Eve, but there is very little about the club that gets me excited or hopeful thesedays when talking about the non-playing side, the camel was wheeled off into the sunset a while ago. Still, it is positive, yes, and time will tell if it makes an ounce of difference!

Was talking to Kenny last night, and he is really up for the challenge and believes other members of the board have also realised its time for changes, and by speaking to other people on the board i get the feeling its a time of change on ict

All we can ask of any man is that he will try to do his best. I personally have faith in Kenny to do just that. He may not be able to do everything we ask, and he may not agree with everything we want if it is unrealistic, but one thing I can guaranteee is that he will listen and he will call it like he sees it. He will also rattle a few cages along the way.

Kenny has always had an eye on communication with the support, and if you are in the right he will say so even if it makes him unpopular with some. He's not there to curry favour, he is there to move ICT forward and although it may be heaping a bit of pressure on him, I am confident he will restore some of the faith I too have lost in those making decisions at ICT.

Kenny didn't really "go away" he was just very busy with his own business and despite stepping down from the board was still heavily involved with the Youth & Community Charity Trust.

I've also just realised that I'm really starting to get sick of the "T" word....everything seems to be a "Trust" these days and we need some new names!!!

If you look at the comments in this thread which are predominantly positive about Kenny and then contrast that against the opinions posted in previous months/years by some of those same posters who have been highly critical of the club (regardless of whether in your eyes that criticism is justified or not), and then add to that the fact that the board are happy to see his re-appointment then you cant fail to see that this is a positive appointment that has the potential to kick-start communication and other processes that will move us forward and also begin to heal some festering wounds between club, board and fans.

I feel even more positive news will not be long in coming :)