The Beckham home coming

Oz647

I know it's nothing to do with ICT and some won't give a f**k but,

What did you all think of the game and the reception Becks got from the UTD fans?

I thought Utd were a different class last night and made Milan look very ordinary. I also thought Ronaldinho was a lazy ******* who thought he was too good to have to get back and help out in defence. Becks looked a bit chocked by the reception he got, fully deserved IMO. I know Brand Beckham can be a bit in your face but I've always liked him as a player. I wanted the thunderbolt that he let loose to go in but hey, can't have everything. Nice touch picking up the scarf as well.

I don't like praisng Utd but they are unstoppable at the moment.

Your thoughts?

I saw Beckham play in the MLS All-Star game Vs West Ham which was held in Toronto in 2008 and I must say I was definitely impressed. He may not be as young as he once was but he was clearly one of the best players on the pitch and his vision in that game - played at a slightly higher effort level than a friendly - showed his class.

DC may say he is over-rated and that may be true as far as the UK press is concerned, but that night I went from being one of the "so what" brigade to definitely being aware that I had witnessed a quality player strutting his stuff and being appreciative of his abilities if not the hype surrounding them..

The crap has been deleted from this thread and the instigator banned from it (just to reinforce his own self-imposed ban from the topic). I am sure the comments were meant as tongue in cheek but tongue in cheek or not it still wastes my valuable time deleting them and adjusting others.

Give Beckham space...he will ping in balls all day that will crucify ya...that sed.....i could do the same. The way to counteract him is to mark him out of the game. He seldom takes on players and beats em

Give Beckham space...he will ping in balls all day that will crucify ya...that sed.....i could do the same.

In the All-Star game that was how it was ... he was pinging balls 50 or 60 yards virtually to the exact toenail of the player he wanted it to go to and his vision seemed to be inspiring to those around him - who were in some cases equally talented. He also did a lot of running in that game and generally played a midfield general sort of role. I was impressed and celebrity or not I would love to see him in a Toronto strip before he retires (but thats never going to happen, especially if he buys into Montreal Impact for their MLS bid).

I think the thing I like about him most is that he puts his heart and soul into the game. Many footballers today play when they want to but half the time just go through the motions. Becks puts 100% into 90mins. He may be getting older and slower but he still gets about the pitch and if you want a ball playing up to you, there isn't anybody better at delivering it. Then there's always the free kicks as well, whenever you get a free kick in the other half you know there is a good chance he will score from it or at least make the keeper work. I'd have him in my team any day. I hope he stays fit for the world cup, he could be the difference.

PS: Just want to say thankyou to Pullmyfinger for the moving PM he sent me apologising to all posters for his behaviour and stating that he would love to be English and support them in the world cup. :)

Edited by Oz647

Good advert for the game, after getting cut loose by Man U, he has had every opportunity to bad mouth them or ferguson, but never has that is why he got his ovation. Better role model than George Best or Gazza, never backs away from a challenge but don't remember him starting trouble much either. After returning to the MLS from Italy he was getting dogs abuse from the fans but he kept the head and won them over again. The mistakes he has made hes learnt from, how many other celebrity players can say that.

For all those that don't rate him, imagine if he was scottish.

After returning to the MLS from Italy he was getting dogs abuse from the fans but he kept the head and won them over again.

Well, there was that one incident :huh: ..... but in general, yes, he let his football do the talking. He also endeared himself to a lot of fans outside L.A. when he let it be known he wasnt really fond of Landon Donovan who had been bad mouthing him while he was gone !!! Most fans in MLS, and the Canadian ones in particular loathe Donovan with a passion.