Team for Queens

Renegade

For me -

Esson

Tokely-----Bulvitis------Munro-----Golabek

Cox Duncan Hayes

Sanchez Rooney Foran

Subs - Allison, Odhiambo, Proctor, McBain, Eagle/Ross/Djebi-Zadi

A straight 4-3-3 for me, Sanchez comes back while Odhaimbo moves to the bench (I'd put him on in a "super sub" kind of role, and unleash a bit of speed with about half an hour or so to go). From what I've seen, Proctor isn't at the top of his game just now so Bulvitis comes back in, while Proctor moves to the bench. Not a million miles away from the current system, just a bit more attack orientated, with Johnny Hayes being given the free roam of either wing, which could at times transform this rather fluid formation into a 4-2-4. Tactics are simple, keep the ball on the deck as much as possible (none of this mindless hoofing nonsense) and play some nice, attractive, attacking football and win the league in style!

Edited by Renegade

Guest Mahonio

Same again for me and damn, Rene, you beat me to starting this thread :( :lol:

Esson

Proctor, Tokely, Munro, Golabek

Duncan and Cox

Hayes, Odhiambo, Foran

Rooney.

IMO, if we win this and Dundee lose points, as i expect thm to, then we WILL WIN the league no problem but 1st things 1st, we have to WIN AT WEEKEND.

GO CALEY :D :022: :022:

Ideally I'd like to think about resting some of the guys, but QoS will be in the same boat, with their fixture last night.

Assuming everyone's fully fit, I'd go with the same again.

ESSON

PROCTOR TOKELY MUNRO GOLLY

DUNCAN COX

HAYES ODHIAMBO FORAN

ROONEY

Allison, Sanchez, McBain, Eagle, Bulvitis.

A straight 4-3-3 for me, Sanchez comes back while Odhaimbo moves to the bench (I'd put him on in a "super sub" kind of role, and unleash a bit of speed with about half an hour or so to go). From what I've seen, Proctor isn't at the top of his game just now so Bulvitis comes back in, while Proctor moves to the bench. Not a million miles away from the current system, just a bit more attack orientated, with Johnny Hayes being given the free roam of either wing, which could at times transform this rather fluid formation into a 4-2-4. Tactics are simple, keep the ball on the deck as much as possible (none of this mindless hoofing nonsense) and play some nice, attractive, attacking football and win the league in style!

I havent caight much action recently prior to Morton last nite but I was surprised to see the formation and tactics that Butcher deployed. It doesnt look pretty but it is very effective away from home plus we have had quite a few clean sheets as well. It is very defensive and a bit of a throwback to the 4-5-1 days - except we prioritise defence instead of attack. Again it appears to be a case of Butcher looking at the opposition but mainly trying to play to our strengths whilst limiting our weaknesses. He has stuck by experience at the back but has evidently told them to play a "safety first" game and Bobby Mann would have had a seizure if he had been privy to this. So it is no nonsense stuff on order from Munro, Tokely and Golly. They are also holding a medium high line and none of them are drifting apart from dead ball situations.

He put Bully at right back last night and i reckon that he will stick with this against Queens and play a bank of four with a bank of three in front of it - Proctor,Duncan and Cox - again it wont be pretty but it will kill the game.

Then he has three "outlets" - a bank of seven allows Hayes to stick wide on the rite, allows Foran to drift on the left and the order of the day will be the "hoof" to the ever willing Rooney - the reason he was hooked early last nite. Butcher had sussed that Morton have players at the back who can pass a bit but they had a very immobile forward line which suited Tokely and Munro. Queens are a different system with individuals who can get behind defences and they do tend to try and pass through midfield. So you stop them from doing that, defend and hit on the break.

Frustrating for Queens, frustrating for us - many would say a "dangerous" tactics but we do have the back up of Sanchez if it goes awry. So I expect another "back to the walls" display at Palmerston and it could be a long afternoon but hopefully worth it.

The class of 2010 are poor relations to the class of 2004 but they are heading in the same direction, albeit taking a far more treacherous and slippy path.

Esson

Proctor - Tokely - Munro - Golabek

Cox - Duncan

Hayes - Sanchez - Foran

Rooney

Subs: Allison; Bulvitis; Eagle; Odhiambo; Djebi-Zadi

I was going to make a number of changes, seeing as it's away at Dumfries, where a point would be decent. I was going to go for Bully at RB (Tokely and Munro deserve a chance to make that partnership their own). Proctor (was becoming a key player in midfield, so I'd like to see him back there) and Duncan in the holding two, with Cox in the Odi/Sanchez role to provide more bite.

I was going to do that, however, we've been doing so well that the team deserves to keep going. The only change is Sanchez for Odi. Sanchez skill for when everyone is fresh. Odi's pace when Queens energy levels are lacking in the second half. That would also suit us to have someone running about when our front players are tiring.

as above but I think I would need to find room for Proc so maybe him in for Cox.....

You would drop Cox?? :rolleyes: Noooo!!

He has been outstanding recently and gets stuck in and breaks up the play far better than Proctor ever did in the middle, he also has good awareness and a good touch and looks to pass the ball onto one of the attacking players feet, creating attacks. I would say he has been one of our best players recently, was great against Morton and he will be a huge miss against Dunfermline when he is suspended. There is no way he can possbily be dropped for sat!!

OK, and he did have the presence of mind to push the ball out wide to golly. when I was screaming for him to hump it when we score that goal against Raith. Procter needs to be played though sa maybe a back four of Proc, Tokely, Munro and Golly?

OK, and he did have the presence of mind to push the ball out wide to golly. when I was screaming for him to hump it when we score that goal against Raith. Procter needs to be played though sa maybe a back four of Proc, Tokely, Munro and Golly?

Yeah I reckon we will stick to the same back 4 we have had in recent weeks, which has kept a number of clean sheets as well. The only change could be Odhiambo dropping to the bench as he never had a great game yesterday. The Dunfermline game will be interesting though with Munro and Cox out. Yesterday Bully came on for Odhiambo and played at right back with Proctor moving into midfield!

Esson

Proc Tokely Munro Golly

Cox Duncan

Hayes Sanchez Foran

Rooney

would be suprised to see any changes again, so will see esson, proctor, tokes, munro and golly at the back.

midfield is cox, duncan , hayes, eric and foran, with rooney up front.

if he does change it we'll probably see sanchez in place of eric.

regardless of who we're playing, home or away, this has been pretty much our line up for a while now. as has been mentioned, its mainly no nonsense at the back but we've been playing some nice stuff going forward at times and rooney and foran have done a terrific job with the long hoofs aimed at them from golly and granty , so keep it up lads!