6 players let go

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely gutted for Duff. No other problems beside this. He looked really promising and like a player who would eventually develop into a good, solid first team fixture.

Bit disappointed that Eagle is gone. Gutted for Duff. Now that Allison is gone, doesn't that leave us with just Ryan Esson in the goalkeeping department? We'll definitely need 1 or 2 keepers before the start of next season.

Now that Allison is gone, doesn't that leave us with just Ryan Esson in the goalkeeping department?

As things currently stand we have no goalkeepers.

Hopefully Esson will sign, along with someone who will have a chance of competing for his place.

Now that Allison is gone, doesn't that leave us with just Ryan Esson in the goalkeeping department?

As things currently stand we have no goalkeepers.

Hopefully Esson will sign, along with someone who will have a chance of competing for his place.

Oh yea :ohmy: Haha forgot Esson hasn't actually re-signed yet. How about a loan move for that young Man City goalkeeper? Looked good in the 17 minutes he got last week. :023:

Very disappointed to see Duff gone - I thought he looked fairly decent when he had a run in the team in our last SPL season, plus he's still young and could have become a very good player under Butcher's guidance.

Still, clearing out three defensive players means we have to actually get some new defenders signed - something that has usually been lacking in previous summer transfer windows. A back four of Proctor, Tokely, Munro and Golabeck just won't cut it for long in the SPL I reckon.

Absolutely gutted for Duff. No other problems beside this. He looked really promising and like a player who would ? eventually develop into a good, solid first team fixture.

Might have developed...

Shame to see some of these guys go, some of them are no surprise to be honest - Stratford was pretty poor, Lionel- well he was never going to see SPL footie next season.

Eagle and Nauris might have been good squad players, and Butch will no doubt have a back for Ryan lined up. ( he will sign ) ( i hope)

Disappointed for Duff but maybe Terry knows best on this one ... coming back from a cruciate injury is hard enough but as a youngster, heading for the SPL, and maybe being pitched in against the big boys might have been a step too far. Also a little disappointed that Eagle is gone. Whilst he never set the heather on fire I thought he might be a useful squad player.

The rest are as expected and necessary if we want to see new players come in. The SPL is not the cash cow it was 2 or 3 seasons ago (cash cow compared to the SFL if not other leagues!) and neither the SPL or ICT will be awash with money when we rejoin it. TB will have a bigger budget but it will not be a huge one and given what he has achieved this season, I for one am happy to let him call the shots without my uninformed criticism :ohmy:

Slightly surprised that Bully has gone as he has impressed me in the majority of games he's played. Strong, tall, athletic with a knack of scoring... a young man's Darren Dods if you will? Maybe we would've had to pay a fee though to get him permanently?

The others have been ok in spells, with Duff too much of an injury concern much like Markus was when he signed from Cowdenbeath.

Sensible enough decisions. Looking forward to the new players coming in and seeing them in action during pre-season.

Would love to see Caley now buy Tuffey and would be extermeley happy if we could get Mihadjuks(pardon the spelling) back, and maybe a new CM.

Why do people think we should sign Tuffy unless they are wanting rid of Esson? There is no way Tuffy would come to us as a back up keeper, he has got into the N. Ireland squad recently and has had a lot of clubs looking at him.

Bye Bye Jamie Duff :ph34r: Thought He Would Have Gone Far, Shame About Getting Injured At Such A Young Age.

I'm A Wee Bitty Surprised About Bully Though, Thought He Would Have Been Kept.

I would of thought Bully would of been offered a new deal, and its abit of a shame for Duff as he has been injured all season. But, I am excited now because there will be a few signing before the start of the season.

Good luck to the boys who got released in the future especially Lionel :ph34r:

No surprises in any of that for me.

Unfortunate for Duff as he might have proved a decent player, but we can't afford to take such risks.

Bulvitus....we saw first hand with Mihadjuks how difficult/awkward Venstipils could be to deal with, and he's not so good that we can't find someone of equal or better quality with far less hassle if they've shown any hint of hardball. Or it could simply be that he's no longer available to loan/sign for next season.

Eagle....Hayes signing put pay to any chance he might have had of an offer, IMO.

Allison....Not seen enough of him to pass any personal judgement on his ability, can only assume we're looking for someone a little more experienced who'll push Esson for his place (assuming he re-signs).

Stratford....never did anything that made him stand out as a player we'd be tripping over ourselves to hold on to and with a couple of the younger guys showing promise then probably no space for him.

Lionel....from speaking to him at the Player sponsors night I think he may be happy to leave. Not because he didn't like things here, but I understand he's got a sprog on the way and is looking forward to returning to France to play there and be around his family. I'll forgive him for not delivering on the overhead bicycle kick 25 yard screamer I've been holding out for all season!!!

Setting aside all of the above, I actually find it a bit of a relief that we're seeing such quick and decisive transfer movement....we're normally still sitting here with a week or two till start of the new season waiting for the "rabbit from the hat" that's going to give us a bit of confidence going in to a new campaign. As it is I think we already have a lot to be confident about and hopefully it makes for a more enjoyable/settled summer for the squad and we can maybe get out of the blocks a bit quicker than we are known for when the SPL season kicks off in August.

i wouldnt have been unhappy to have kept bully and eagle. eagle seemed to be coming good of late and duff has just been really unlucky.

on the plus side we've room for new signings now and butchers signings have been more than decent on the whole

For me the only mistake there is letting Duff go. The handful of times I saw him play I thought he looked like a capable and sturdy centre-half. IIRC Duff was thought by some to go on and be ICT captain one day, but obviously his bad injury did him no favours for this season and for Butcher's decisions.

For me the only mistake there is letting Duff go. The handful of times I saw him play I thought he looked like a capable and sturdy centre-half. IIRC Duff was thought by some to go on and be ICT captain one day, but obviously his bad injury did him no favours for this season and for Butcher's decisions.

what none of us know is how he has recovered from that injury. cruciate injuries can be career changing and a coach who works with players week in week out is far better placed to make a rational decision on the lasting effects of such an injury than the likes of us who are basing things on sentiment and past performance. Would he be the same player? Might he be more injury prone? Might he be more timid in tackles and such like as he fears injuring himself again? It is definitely a shame as we all had high hopes for the lad, willing him on to become a success just like we did with other youngsters who didnt quite make it. I hope he can find a new club and be succesfull at some level.

I am going to guess at Allison, Duff, Eagle ..... Bully will go back to Latvia, Djebi-Zadi to France and Stratford to ???