FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT and Football/Champ Manager

BornCaley

Like so many of us, Im a big fan of the FM series but ive alwasy wanted to know what the relationship is between the producers and the clubs.

Does anyone know of how much; if at all, ICT were involved in the game in terms of conact with SEGA ( Foot Mang) and EIDOS ( Champ Mang). Obviously the player images, badge, club colours etc are i imagine owned by the club, but were they involved in any more than that?

Edited by BornCaley

Like so many of us, Im a big fan of the FM series but ive alwasy wanted to know what the relationship is between the producers and the clubs.

Does anyone know of how much; if at all, ICT were involved in the game in terms of conact with SEGA ( Foot Mang) and EIDOS ( Champ Mang). Obviously the player images, badge, club colours etc are i imagine owned by the club, but were they involved in any more than that?

All of that kind of thing is through the licensing with particular leagues and not the individual clubs. The individual clubs have no say. In terms of Football Manager the club have no contact with SEGA. All of the ICT research and data is done by myself although whenever I have asked the club for information they have always helped me out.

PS. Although I have done the reasecrh for a few years there are some mental glitches in the game. For example how Rory McAllister kept turning out to be a star player is beyond me as I made his stats crap.

PS. Although I have done the reasecrh for a few years there are some mental glitches in the game. For example how Rory McAllister kept turning out to be a star player is beyond me as I made his stats crap.

ha ha, they must have seen his potential too :(

Well whatever you did, the ?250k + add-ons I always used to get for Rory from Wigan/Preston etc. was a big boost so thanks a lot for that :) :P

the most recent one has morrison, ross, shinnie and odhiambo as the highest valued players.

also i remember one where connor rennie had really good stats as well.

always a bit unrealistic when you start selling players and your getting 250k-500k for them, then you start buying players but in the end really good fun.

i had one game where i sold lionel for ?1.6m back to france after the first season, ended up with black, cowie and rankin in the midfield and signed bendtner on a free as well.