FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

We Will Lose Against Hamilton

Harry Chibber

Oddly enough he seemed to be decent enough for St. Mirren last season but towards the end of the campaign his form seemed to tail off. He has been dreadful for Hamilton though. Bit odd though that he has gone after just two games though. Maybe points towards a lack of harmony behind the scenes at New Douglas Park?

Billy Reid seems to have a habit of bringing in players and then ditching them after a couple of games. They signed Izzy Iriekpen and Rubiales last year and they both left after about 2 weeks.

Either that or we'll lose tonight and have to pull our fingers out for Saturday..... I'd much rather win tonight though if we had to lose one of them, we need a good cup run!

I hope we can win though, all this early season form will do us well in the new FIFA and Football Manager :twothumbsup:

***********I think it's fairly academical, we will hammer Hamilton, in great style . *************

, Notice I am now saying we, although I have only supported ICT for a very short time.

Edited by Laurence

I can see where Hairy is coming from and this game is a test of resolve nad potentially a pointer fer the remainder of the season - all I would say is that if we can produce a performance like last Sunday once then we can do it again or better it.

My main concern pertains to the old "Home and Away" scenario. I felt that our survival this season would be built on our away results and I feel that we are close to the team that revelled away from home when we had Black, Rankin and Cowie in the engine room - gawd could you imagine that team if we had Hayes, Foran and Rooney to add to it - :blink:

Anyway it is how we perform at home is the biggie - how we line up tactically and how we respond to defensive minded oppositions. And the crowd could actually be a factor as well. It is not as easy as going stony broke for the early goal but it could be a matter of patience and not panicking - again the crowd plays its part in that as well.

Me - I would take a boring 1-0 rite now. Its is the old adage fer tomorrow - three points is the main thing.

However I do also expect a performance tomorrow where we attack and go wide as much as possible - I fully expect that we will be in double figures for the week.

I'm actually trying to curse use to win..... if you get me

Something Tel managed to do last season was win consistently and for the first time in a long time we dealt with the pressure of being favourites going into each game, something Brewster struggled with. I hope that momentum can continue into this season but we can't expect to have it our own way against stronger opposition. As I said, I'll be delighted if I'm wrong (so will my wallet) but as the scarf would say "I have a bad feeling about this"

anyway, it's about time I posted something that got some red dots :cool:

I completely understand this mentality, Harry... I think my brain's hardwired to be pessimistic even though common sense tells me we're a better team than Hamilton just now and favourites to win tomorrow.

However, if you'd like another red dot I'll gladly contribute - your op is only one away from double figures now!

I've noticed in the space of just over 24 hours we have got from 19/20 down to 5/6 and now down to 3/4. Clearly the bookies think we will win this and the Accies lack of defensive players makes me fairly confident as well.

I've noticed in the space of just over 24 hours we have got from 19/20 down to 5/6 and now down to 3/4. Clearly the bookies think we will win this

I think its more to the fact people are putting a hefty bit cash on the game. Wedge central

Wedge central indeed. How much did you stick on it? I've got £45 on us to win and £5 for us to win -3 at 20/1.

Enough mate. Ill tell you next time i see you. too much really

If I was worried about loosing cash, this make is al ok.

Hamilton manager Billy Reid:

"There are eight players missing from the team of last season and it's giving me big, big problems. I'm asking players to come in and fill gaps.

"We're missing Neil, McLaughlin, Elebert and it's hard for us. They are big, big players, leaders on the park.

"I'm a great believer that the spine of the team has got to be correct.

"We have conceded five penalties in three matches, which is an unbelievable stat."

Edited by SanMiguel

this expectancy is exactly why we will lose this game and to top it all off Imrie will score the winner.

Hope you had a couple of quid on that .... it would be the only thing that would be bearable !!!

this expectancy is exactly why we will lose this game and to top it all off Imrie will score the winner.

Hope you had a couple of quid on that .... it would be the only thing that would be bearable !!!

no. wish I listened to my own advice, instead I convinced myself (and lots of my work colleagues) that this was too good a betting oppertunity to miss and am now ?100 lighter and have to face a lot of unhappy people on Monday.

no. wish I listened to my own advice, instead I convinced myself (and lots of my work colleagues) that this was too good a betting oppertunity to miss and am now ?100 lighter and have to face a lot of unhappy people on Monday.

Big 5-0 down. Albeit ?50 I won after putting a Tenner on us to beat Utd @ 5-1. Swings and roundabouta and all that. Hibs away next. Nae good like!

Ok, so we have all creamed over the terrific result against United and to an extent our first half display against Celtic. We didn't fluke the result at Tanadice, it seems (from what I've read, seen and heard) we played great football and scored 4 excellent goals. If you take into consideration our opponent, Hamilton, have conceded a whopping 8 goals in 2 SPL games and just been knocked out of the cup by 1st division Raith Rovers. On top of all that they are set to be missing captain Alex Neil (injury) and their best defender Martin Canning (suspension), they sold their best midfielder, McArthur, during the transfer window and Billy Reid seems to be experimenting with a new formation.

there is a lot (^) in our favour and I'm even tempted to stick some cash on @ evens with the bookies for a home win but this expectancy is exactly why we will lose this game and to top it all off Imrie will score the winner. We haven't beaten Hamilton since they made it to the SPL, Billy Reid knows how to beat us, a bit like Calderwood did at Aberdeen.. I don't know how but they just know.

Hopefully me posting this will soften the blow when we lose and all the renewed optimism turns to numerous posts regarding Tel's inadequacies.

... and if I'm wrong then we'll all be happy :)

Yer a barstewart , Harry !

there is a lot (^) in our favour and I'm even tempted to stick some cash on @ evens with the bookies for a home win but this expectancy is exactly why we will lose this game and to top it all off Imrie will score the winner. We haven't beaten Hamilton since they made it to the SPL, Billy Reid knows how to beat us, a bit like Calderwood did at Aberdeen.. I don't know how but they just know.

Hopefully me posting this will soften the blow when we lose and all the renewed optimism turns to numerous posts regarding Tel's inadequacies.

It didn't soften the feckin blow.

:swear:

Ok, so we have all creamed over the terrific result against United and to an extent our first half display against Celtic. We didn't fluke the result at Tanadice, it seems (from what I've read, seen and heard) we played great football and scored 4 excellent goals. If you take into consideration our opponent, Hamilton, have conceded a whopping 8 goals in 2 SPL games and just been knocked out of the cup by 1st division Raith Rovers. On top of all that they are set to be missing captain Alex Neil (injury) and their best defender Martin Canning (suspension), they sold their best midfielder, McArthur, during the transfer window and Billy Reid seems to be experimenting with a new formation.

... and if I'm wrong then we'll all be happy :)

I have just pushed the +1 button fer this and an invite to the Seers Xmas do. But peruse the words of prophecy / wisdom again and I bet that there were a lot of us - especially those who witnessed the Tannadump performance - who internally agreed with what Hairy said but needed to put an optimistic front.

Imrie to score - I should have put money on it. Hamilton simply know how to play against us at home - they have our system and our weakness sussed - and if Reid has sussed it then who else has. I bet there are also a number of armchair coaches who would revel in playing ICT at home.

We are simply too predictable and we have to change the tactics and the approach. And to end on a positive - we can and will play as well again as we did at Tannadump - probably away from home but we simply have to improve on our home record or we will be battling in the relgation zone to the death.

Nothing to do with systems, or weakness's we were diabolical, that's all.

We were a mess from start to finish.

And also if you take my advice don't boo oposition players, who used to play for us. It only spurs them on to crack in the goal of the season.

Edited by Laurence