FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Cardiff City fan here in peace

islandblue

Enjoyed a visit to the Caley stadium on a holiday to Nairn recently. great ground in a stunning location ! Just wondered do most people in Inverness support Caley Thistle or do they go for Celtic or Rangers. We,ve got quite a rew Scots ( David Marshall, Kevin McNaughton, Ross McMormack ,Chris Burke & Gavin Rae) who play for Cardiff although I,m gutted to hear Ross could be leaving soon. Good luck for the season and great win last weekend!

I can't believe Ross has been allowed to drop so low in the pecking order. Top scorer, then shunted out wide. Played very well for Scotland too. Doesn't make sense.

I'd say most people in Inverness are Rangers/Celtic fans but there is a bizarre second team scenario, where, despite us being in the same league as them, many support Inverness too. That used to be okay in the Highland League times, when the teams never really met (a bit like having a team in England/Wales) but it's past its sell-by date for me.

Most people go to Tesco on Saturdays, largely old firm fans but encouragingly there are a lot more youngsters appearing thanks to efforts by the club discounting entrance for them. In a few years we'll have a bigger support and their big team won't be part of the old firm.

• Agree 1

I can't believe Ross has been allowed to drop so low in the pecking order. Top scorer, then shunted out wide. Played very well for Scotland too. Doesn't make sense.

I'd say most people in Inverness are Rangers/Celtic fans but there is a bizarre second team scenario, where, despite us being in the same league as them, many support Inverness too. That used to be okay in the Highland League times, when the teams never really met (a bit like having a team in England/Wales) but it's past its sell-by date for me.

Got done for drunk driving last year leaving a pub in Cardiff bay( he crashed into it ) and fell out with Dave Jones ( big nono) . If he goes to Leeds or Hull he,ll come back to haunt us, always rated him highly myself.

this is something that has always bothered me Islandblue. There nothing worse than being in out Home North stand and seeing a Inverness Rangers or Celtic Supporters club flag in the away end!

also i agree with the general opinion on Ross MCormack. Big loss to Cardiff!

Most people go to Tesco on Saturdays, largely old firm fans but encouragingly there are a lot more youngsters appearing thanks to efforts by the club discounting entrance for them. In a few years we'll have a bigger support and their big team won't be part of the old firm.

Great to hear, you still see loads of kids down here wearing Liverpool/Man U shirts . My mates and I have adopted Caley as our favourite S.P.L club and were thinking or trying to make a home game, believe its a 1300 hundred mile round trip from Cardiff .

• Agree 1

Great to hear, you still see loads of kids down here wearing Liverpool/Man U shirts . My mates and I have adopted Caley as our favourite S.P.L club and were thinking or trying to make a home game, believe its a 1300 hundred mile round trip from Cardiff .

A few of us drove down from Inverness for the Scotland - Wales friendly in Cardiff last year. An easy enough drive, motorway all the way, the A9 is the only frustrating bit... Very impressed with the new ground, was a touch surreal wandering past the old ground though, what with it being right across the road with (I think) 2 stands still standing fully intact while the rest were in the process of being demolished! Kudos as well for putting the Jock Stein memorial plaque in such a prominent location, think a lot of the TA appreciated that.

Cracking night out though, shame about the football...!

A few of us drove down from Inverness for the Scotland - Wales friendly in Cardiff last year. An easy enough drive, motorway all the way, the A9 is the only frustrating bit... Very impressed with the new ground, was a touch surreal wandering past the old ground though, what with it being right across the road with (I think) 2 stands still standing fully intact while the rest were in the process of being demolished! Kudos as well for putting the Jock Stein memorial plaque in such a prominent location, think a lot of the TA appreciated that.

Cracking night out though, shame about the football...!

was at that game at Ninian park (totally gone now) in 1985 when Jock was taken ill then sadly died. Great respect for the TA, always turn up in great numbers. Been to Hampden in 81 ( Scotland V Israel World cup qualifier) cowdenbeath twice , Dunfermiline ,Hearts and Raith( used to have a mate in Fife.

was at that game at Ninian park (totally gone now) in 1985 when Jock was taken ill then sadly died. Great respect for the TA, always turn up in great numbers. Been to Hampden in 81 ( Scotland V Israel World cup qualifier) cowdenbeath twice , Dunfermiline ,Hearts and Raith( used to have a mate in Fife.

I was there too, very solemn celebration after the match which is unheard of for us Jocks.

Easyjet from Bristol. Way to go.