FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dougie Imrie

ICTFCkev

I was speaking to Guy Kerr a couple of weeks back- he's at Berwick now. He is still good mates with Imrie.

However I think Imrie's contribution to the ICT cause is pretty negligible, and anybody who saw the sending off at Perth and the booking at Arbroath will be glad he's buggered off.

absolute twaddle!!

your basing your opinion on a booking and a sending off which while annoying was borne through frustration?? have you never done anything in the heat of the moment? Imrie was not to blame for that defeat in Perth, our second half collapse was.

i always thought Imrie was a good player although admittedly sometimes hot-headed and inconsistent but always a trier. He was definitely an asset to have in the team and still to this day I think getting rid of him was a mistake. I think he proved this by getting more than 4 MoM awards for Hamilton in the SPL immediately after he left us

Whether he is a likable character or not is not the case in hand. he winds folk up but at the end of the day he has the ability to win games. as he did for us and as he did for hamilton today much to our annoyance.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I was disappointed that Dougie got so much abuse from the home support today. Whatever you think of him as a footballer, he was never lacking in effort when he wore an ICT shirt.

However he is no longer in an ICT shirt, and didn't show us any respect so don't see why he should get shown any. Hate him with a passion.

• Agree 3

I was disappointed that Dougie got so much abuse from the home support today. Whatever you think of him as a footballer, he was never lacking in effort when he wore an ICT shirt.

OH yes he did he would only put in effort when he felt like it or when he wanted to crunch somebody

However he is no longer in an ICT shirt, and didn't show us any respect so don't see why he should get shown any. Hate him with a passion.

I felt he was very disrespectful today

celebrating in front of home fans and pulling down one of our players, because apparently something was said to him.

He can F*ck off!!!!

Aye, take a bow Dougie, fantastic goal today.

It is annoying but **** happens...............................still what a way to shut the boo boys up.

Aye, he did enough in one minute to shut up the team for the other 89. What is it they say...suck it up!

but rest assured, we will have our moment!

I think Imrie has a lot of affection for the players and backroom staff at ICT but not for the handful of our so called support who abused him. Personally, I was sad to see him go although some of his behaviour clearly leaves a lot to be desired. But if you don't like a particular player for some reason don't boo him when he's on the ball. By all means jeer and laugh when he makes errors but we all know that booing only serves to motivate players to silence the boo boys. Just because you may think Imrie's a wee nerd doesn't mean you have to behave like a nerd yourself.

When Imrie got the ball in midfield in the first minute he was going nowhere. Then a small number of morons boo'd him. Immediatelty you could see the anger and determination in him as if to say "I'll ****ing show you". He did - and how! The goal gave huge encouragement to Hamilton and drained the confidence of our players. Would he have scored had he not been boo'd? Maybe, maybe not - but what I am sure of is that booing him made it more likely he would shoot - and shoot with venom.

I hope those who boo'd him are proud of their contribution to our defeat today.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

He's an absolute cretin. Tokely should have just lamped the disgusting little jumped up ned at the end.

And get a suspension for a few games - that would be clever.

How Dougie will laugh if he logs on and reads such stupid comments. As if he hasn't got enough to laugh about already.

• Disagree 2

I think Imrie has a lot of affection for the players and backroom staff at ICT but not for the handful of our so called support who abused him. Personally, I was sad to see him go although some of his behaviour clearly leaves a lot to be desired. But if you don't like a particular player for some reason don't boo him when he's on the ball. By all means jeer and laugh when he makes errors but we all know that booing only serves to motivate players to silence the boo boys. Just because you may think Imrie's a wee nerd doesn't mean you have to behave like a nerd yourself.

When Imrie got the ball in midfield in the first minute he was going nowhere. Then a small number of morons boo'd him. Immediatelty you could see the anger and determination in him as if to say "I'll ****ing show you". He did - and how! The goal gave huge encouragement to Hamilton and drained the confidence of our players. Would he have scored had he not been boo'd? Maybe, maybe not - but what I am sure of is that booing him made it more likely he would shoot - and shoot with venom.

I hope those who boo'd him are proud of their contribution to our defeat today.

What an absolutely ridiculous post. Did you read that before you hit the post button?

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

He's an absolute cretin. Tokely should have just lamped the disgusting little jumped up ned at the end.

And get a suspension for a few games - that would be clever.

How Dougie will laugh if he logs on and reads such stupid comments. As if he hasn't got enough to laugh about already.

like dougie can readlol.gif

• Agree 1