FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Yogi...

KingBeastie

I'd like to think we helped him on his way.

OOerrrr, Just had a nasty thought, I'd also like to think they won't be looking at Terry & Mo as replacements.....

Edited by tm4tj
Nasty thoughts

A shame really. I'd have put my money on McGhee going first. Hughes tried his best at Hibs and had those in power not sold some good talent to line their own pockets things may have been different. Hibs have made a killing on a number of players brought through their system but there's no sign of investment in decent replacements and if that system doesn't change they wont have success with any manager.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

I think Hughes is a decent manager but he took Hibs as far as he could. He'd do well in most other jobs but this was just too big for him. Outside of the OF, I think Hibs have the third best team man-for-man, with only really Dundee United able to rival that (Hearts a step behind). They need someone that can take full advantage of the talent they have.

Jimmy Calderwood is probably the man. Took the perennial relegation candidates of Dunfermline into Europe, same with Aberdeen. For some reason, he gets a hard time from some fans but I think he's a real talent. Mowbray would probably be a fans favourite but I can't see this backwards step. Anyone else spring to mind?

I'd like to think we helped him on his way.

OOerrrr, Just had a nasty thought, I'd also like to think they won't be looking at Terry & Mo as replacements.....

They aren't really rating a mention on any of the forums, thankfully - it's all Jimmy Calderwood,John Collins, Tony Mowbray and Gordon Strachan just now, with one or two people mentioning Dereks McInnes & Adams.

Mo Johnston is looking for a job Mr Petrie !!!!

Seriously though, I pretty much agree with everything starchief said .... Hibs job too big for Yogi, Calderwood the obvious choice and is a decent manager.

I have a soft spot for Yogi, he speaks his mind and he gives it his all ... but his all may just not be enough for any of the OF, Hibs/Hearts or Dundee Utd/Aberdeen who expect success and in some cases live on past glories. He would do a decent job for any of the other teams inthe SPL or SFL1 and I wish him well in finding a new one.

Adam would be an interesting choice. The elusive Scottish Cup run Hibs fans want could be a factor? It would be hilarious to see County plummet under Brewster. I doubt TB and MM would leave ICT. There's not the same pressure on them here as there would be at Hibs.

Isnt Robbo actually a Hibs fan?

Not really. He was brought up as a Hibee. He was with Edina Hibs and Hibernian overlooked him so he signed for hearts. His family are Hibees though. Think he would jump at the chance of taking over there but can't see it happening by a long way.

Derek Adams would be a hilarious choice as Hibs manager. As a manager he won the Second Division, fair enough, but he took over when the team were already top of the league and County were the only full-time team in the league. His first season in Division One saw him finish five points off relegation and then last season County's challenge fell away and they ended up mid-table, well off the pace. Their cup run was exactly that, a good run. You can't build a career off a cup run and that's what he'd be doing.

I really don't think he'll get the job but he'd be hilariously out of his depth if he did. He'd make Frank Sauzee look like Mourinho!

Chris is right. An even worse move than Pele, who was vastly more experienced, going to the Dons, where most of us knew he was making a big mistake.

Adams is a good prospect, bags of self belief, and a bottom six club or an English lower league club could do worse than take him on. But as Chris says, two wins over Hibs and Celtic are about all he's got on his cv, unless you count two wins over the mighty ICT.

I think we should go on the Hibs message boards and start a Brewster campaign. Ex player after all :twothumbsup:

I have a soft spot for Yogi, he speaks his mind and he gives it his all ... but his all may just not be enough for any of the OF, Hibs/Hearts or Dundee Utd/Aberdeen who expect success and in some cases live on past glories. He would do a decent job for any of the other teams inthe SPL or SFL1 and I wish him well in finding a new one.

Ditto.

I always remember (fondly), Yogi getting the craic and banter with the crowd at the TCS in his early days as a manager. Being chased from the dugout by Frank Connor wielding a walking stick is a particular favourite !