FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchday Thread: Rangers -V- I.C.T.

Scotty

It's easy done ;-) the way I see the bigger papers is they're readers are mostly center belt n OF so they'll have more coverage so I'm not taking to much to heart on it, I read the courier n PnJ for Caley write UPS n it we get a page in the daily rangers or the hun then ill read it but not look for to much from it.

Well that must have been ma most energetic feckin away day in years - Speeding down the A9 in the morning, stumbling through the never ending road works from Denny to Central Glesga - registering at the Travel Inn, to the subway and at rest in Brechins fer just after 1 - half way thru ma first pint I realise that I have left my txt and Caley Stans in the feckin car and Mrs IHE as gone shopping with the car keys. So it is off on the tube to St Enochs - back to the Travel Inn - back on to a Hunn filled train, off at Ibrix and got to the Away end at 14.50 - but feck me was it worth it !! :twothumbsup: Oh and here is a hint - get yer daughters water bottle out oif the car, pour it down the drain and fill it up with voddie and coke - it sure helped me on may haphazard journey with the Hunns. :rolleyes:

I felt that we were the better team up until their spawny - ish opener. We were keeping possession well up till then, albeit not threatening. Emu completely ersed up his original control but the ball bounced to perfection and a twist of Rodd hull's right arm and the ball fairly rocketed past a helpless Esson. Now many teams would have buckled and my fear was that the Hunns would grab a quick second, but we weathered a ten minute "storm" and i actually felt that we finished the second half "even stevens" and with renewed hope of salvaging something. Have to admit that we played some pretty stuff but mostly possession with little threat in the last third and Tokely and Munro were superb with a few last minute challenges, interceptions and headed clearances. And if Rooney had got a similiar fortuitous bounce on the stroke of half time we may have gone in level and nobody would have grudged us that.

Smith tried to juice it up and put on Naismith and Fleck for the hobbling Emu (fair clattered by Foran) and a very poor Weiss. We stuck to our guns although I would not have been surprised if TB had hooked Foran (thank feck he didnt)as Richie was yellow carded for a bad foul on Emu and then engaged with a running, wind up battle with McCulloch. But the longer the second half ran the more ya felt that we were in with a shout. Sure Rangers had their chances but most were poor efforts form 18-20 yards, mostly ballooning over the bar or in to the safe hands of Esson who had two great fingertip saves. Hayes was running papac ragged and we kept passing the ball and using width and pace to our best advantage - the introduction of Eric simply upped the game plan. McGregor (loved the bait chants!!) made a wonder save from foran when it looked a cert equaliser - or did Richie not place it well enuff ?? Then Foran fed Eric in - and the new Eric, outmuscled Papac (I think) and forced the ball home - but ya ran to the wrong feckin corner Eric. And i thought that we also had a fair penalty shout during that period. And although rangers tried to cheer up the rapidly leaving fan base with a late rally and 4-5 successive corners - well we simply should have pinched it when Hayes went for glory instead off laying it on a plate for Foran.

Still - it is not evet day that ya stroll out of Castle greyskull, slightly disappointed that ya didnt pick upa ll there away points - CaleyWay getes better and feckin better !!

:ictscarf:

And to the Smileymometer - and constructive criticism at times peepeles:

ESSON :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Have to repeat maself - he is the most consistent performer this season and deserves the SPL Player of the Month award. He is the anchor of the ship and must simply pour :biggrin: onfidence in to those in front of him - and it shows.

McCANN :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Looked a bit suspect at times but was perhaps fortunate that Rangers appeared to ttarget Shinnie. But he held his ground and he does look to pass his way out of defence. My only concern is that he has a play if fit contract and not shure whether he deserved to start.

ROSSCOE :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Have you ever seen a better SPL performance from him - I feckin havent - Hewas feckin everywhere and Laffery didnt get a sniff - and even after that he only just edged my MOM from ....

GRANTY :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Most men would have been on the pissshh after fatherhood but he thankfully decided to wet the bairns head with yet another Captain Courageous performance. I would also wish to repeat that he has prospered by not having to "babysit" fellow defenders as he has done fer the last 2-3 seasons.

SHINNIE :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Clearly targetted and struggled at times - especially against Naismith - but he did not make any clear mistakes and battled to the dying minutes, with some great blocks in the closing minutes.

HAYES :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: I would give him 2-3 fer the first 45 and 5 fer the second when he was simply SCARY. He found space and gave Papac and co a torrid time. Every time he got the ball we were on our feet in anticipation - and he really should have squared it to the open Foran in the closing minutes. Plus his dead ball delivery was much improved to boot. Another repeat but find consistency young Johnny and you will find the promised land.

DUNCAN :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Back in his effective holding role and back to being simply Russeldhino.

DUFF :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Experience was probably needed in central midfield. Made a couple of potentially big erros but again makes himself available and sprays ball about. Still think that he is the purrfect rite back.

FORAN :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Again TB went fer the central midfield packed with experience and it played off but he plays all his best football - as he did yesterday when he goes wide left - but did he put a shift in yesterday and is clearly back to full fitness. He looked literally "shocked" at the McGregor save and livid with Hayes at the last gasp chance.

ROSS :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Loads of effort but he is clearly less comfortable on his left foot and did not make the same kind of impact as he has done in central midfield. A good squad player who wont let us down and can play in a few positions - slthough I suspect that rite wing would be his favoured position.

ROONEY :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: That must have been a tough loney shift but did he hold it up well and put himself about - could have really benefitted from the Hayes crosses if not fer some great positional defending from old Grandad Weier.

ODHIAMBHO :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Shrewd substitution and his pace clearly worried Weir and Co. To be honest, apart from the goal, it was his movement that caused a couple of flutters - but - hey - who is complaining.

TERRY AND MO - clearly got the tactics rite again - I was most impressed to the return of the 4-1-4-1 system with Duncan holding behind the experienced Duff and Foran - and then we pracically went 4-4-2 and at times 4-3-3 in the second half - when we albeit were chasing thegame.

SUPPORT :thumbup: Are we the best travelling support in Scotland or wot. Nice to see the Hunns mustering a wee singing section but we drowned them out. Plus we now have the biggest Man Boobs in Scotland - had a wee fumble on the road back to Bechins maself.

• Agree 3

SUPPORT :thumbup: Are we the best travelling support in Scotland or wot. Nice to see the Hunns mustering a wee singing section but we drowned them out. Plus we now have the biggest Man Boobs in Scotland - had a wee fumble on the road back to Bechins maself.

:lol: :lol:

Hayes's late miss wasn't on the BBC video - bet it would have been on if it had been Rangers! Foran was blatently blocked by that bloke who's older than me and his header was, in my opinion, a bad miss rather than a good save.

Just seen the highlights, Foran in the box was a penalty

Not so shure maself - it was just a case of collision - you dont ger those type of decisions at Ibrox. Cant believe that the highlights didnt include the Hayes run in the closing minutes where a cut cabck to Foran, or even Rooney would have been a sure fire winner.

Just seen the highlights, Foran in the box was a penalty

Not so shure maself - it was just a case of collision - you dont ger those type of decisions at Ibrox. Cant believe that the highlights didnt include the Hayes run in the closing minutes where a cut cabck to Foran, or even Rooney would have been a sure fire winner.

It's not so much a collision as Weir turns into him rather than the two colliding. Knows exactly what he's doing, but like you say, you don't get them at Ibrox. Tokeley or Munro do that to Miller it's a penalty all day long.

They didn't show many of Caley's chances really did they? Hayes at the end, Foran at the back stick (should have done better imo) and Rooney in the first half are three that spring to mind.

• Agree 1

Thoroughly enjoyed my first visit to Ibrox for 28 years. The team were brilliant Terry n Mo got just about everything right. The Police and Stewarding was first class, the ICT away day crew were in great form. Just as you think its going to be an amazing day it gets ruined by some wee, grey haired,niaff gropping me all night in the pub. I think it was the same guy that was involved in The Alternative Maryhill "trouser incident" allegedly :moon02:

Also thanks to Govan Jaggie and family for rescuing my phone. I had to leave in a hurry to get away from a wee, grey haired person and left my phone behind, cheers mate :twothumbsup:

I think if Richie had headed the ball straight at the goal instead of heading it down it would have taken a better save to keep it out.

I'm pretty sure it's text book coaching to head a ball down in front of goal and often it pays off and throws the goalie, but it's never been my cup of tea.

Just back from making a weekend of it in Glasgow and loved it especially the feeling when Odi hit the back of the net. I thought we thoroughly deserved our point and at times were slightly unlucky not the make McGregor work more with some of the chances we had. Yes they had a lot of possession but they never really looked like they were going to create anything worthwhile and if anything underestimated us.

The policing/stewarding was fantastic and common sense prevailed as it should do.

The only downside however from my point of view was the woman who told me to shut up twice in the same breath when all I was doing was giving encouragement to the team at a point when we were breaking and I wanted them to put the ball out wide. At no point did I criticise the team so your outburst wasn't warranted. I also noted that you never once told anyone else to 'shut up' so if you are on here reading this I hope you feel ashamed of yourself, and to note also that I didn't retort as I was so shocked. PS: Caleyjag noted that you didn't even jump up when we scored!!!

a copper told me at half time that they don't mind us standing, however a few Caley sweetie rustlers had complained about it . Maybe for next Ibrox trip , for folk that want to stand, get tickets early and ask for seats near top, That way the people that sit can be down the front and no views will be blocked!

Not long in from a weekend in Glasgow, and the football was definitely the highlight of it.

Can only echo what has already been previously stated, fantastic all round performance and tactics were spot on. Terry must have just given them a wee bit of encouragement to have a real go in the 2nd half, and that we did. Had them on the back foot for the best part of it.

Unlucky not to have a penalty with Weir blatantly blocking Foran, had it have been up the other end you can have no doubt it would've been given. Hayes ran absolute riot in the 2nd half, ripping Papac to bits at times, it's just a shame his performance will be blotted for THAT chance at the end where he should have cut it back. It would have made it the perfect game and result for us, still though I don't blame the boy for going himself, if only he'd shown a bit more composure with it.

For me our MOTM was Stuart Duff, he rarely wasted a ball and gave us such a presence in midfield. Thought he had a fantastic game, as did Esson. He was faultless for the goal as it was a quality strike, and dealt with everything else thrown at him. Thought everyone in ICT colours had a good game though, but they were the stand outs.

Support was fantastic, and all in all a fantastic away day. Roll on Well then Dons away. :bouncyred:

What a result, i had money on Roony, Hayes or Foran to score....pound each. Who scores? Odi!! But i always say with coupons i couldnt care less as long as Caley get a result! And what a result this was!!

Just cant help feeling we could have won it in the end....think Hayes should have thought since he was greedy with the free kick just outside the box, to be greedy again and not cut it back was bad on his part. But my respect for him wont fall.....who knows what it would be like out there, with a great chance of scoring, and the adrenaline running through you making you high as a kite.

Absolutely delighted. My family are all Rangers, bar my Dad and bro prefer ICT although im the only go-to-game supporter, so there has been alot of ribbing :ictscarf:

Terry and Mo must be given a great deal of credit for putting together a superb team.

Some of these players have not been able to make it at other clubs but the ICT performances show what good leadership, coaching and motivation can do!

WELL DONE TO ALL.

neksor