FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchnight Thread: Aberdeen -V- ICT

Scotty

Well we famously saw off John Barnes. Mark McGee could be another scalp. They're feeling the pressure, I hope we can keep our away record intact.

Don't forget Le Guenn

Sounds as though we were poor but getting the results when playing poorly seems to be a quality we are learning well. Brilliant result and 45 points on the predictor league.:ictscarf:

I changed mine from 1-2 to 0-4 before I left. Still it's a win and that's all that matters back to 4th in the leagu tonight.

Attendance 5917 - not very good for Aberdeen!

I'd estimate we had about 10% of that too, great turnout for a midweek game. :clapping:

Well we famously saw off John Barnes. Mark McGee could be another scalp. They're feeling the pressure, I hope we can keep our away record intact.

Don't forget Le Guenn

Sounds as though we were poor but getting the results when playing poorly seems to be a quality we are learning well. Brilliant result and 45 points on the predictor league.:ictscarf:

I changed mine from 1-2 to 0-4 before I left. Still it's a win and that's all that matters back to 4th in the leagu tonight.

Attendance 5917 - not very good for Aberdeen!

I'd estimate we had about 10% of that too, great turnout for a midweek game. :clapping:

There is no way we had about 600 there tonight!

From the tv it looked like we were in one section so maybe 300ish?

Well I thought that, that was a good performance tonight. A well deserved 3 points.

Let's not forget that this is basically the same side that was a distance of the top in the FIRST DIVISION a mere year ago. It really is amazing that we keep coming up with away results like this time and time again.

We have ourselves one very strong team.

Well done, yet again, to the team and management ! :twothumbsup:

• Agree 2

I hope Terry takes that cool box down to the Hamilton game - must bring good luck. McGhee was belittling about our club pre-match. I'm glad we won tonight. We're going great. I hope the management and players are with us for a good while yet.

Neither team played great football tonight and I think the win was a result of us wanting it more and battling on regardless of the fact we just couldn't make things click and get a proper performance going. It's that attitude we've (re)developed under Butcher that has us where we are and long may it continue.

Esson has already received just praise for his performance and I think he may be using glue on the palms of his gloves given some of the saves he manges to hold....the one in the second half where the ball was played low across the 6 yard box with a fair pace and he caught it at full stretch with one hand was tremendous.

I'm also wondering if Odhiambo has been taking flying lessons. He wasn't on the park for long but that goalmouth scramble where he seemed to appear from nowhere to steal the ball off the toe as the shot was being unleashed was fairly spectacular.

Shinnie was given another thorough testing this evening and whilst he may still have a lot to learn he never once let the head go down....a very mature performance in that regard and one that will stand him in good stead as he continues to progress.

Mackie looked to have taken a sore one in the collision with Esson, hope it's nothing too serious.

• Agree 2

I managed to watch it on BBC Alba (without knowing the score). I thought we stole it to be honest. A very soft penalty imo. Nearly all the Dons attacks came from their right where McGuire was given far too much room. Thank goodness for Esson again for at least 3 really good saves, although, to be picky, their goal came almost directly from a poor goal kick by him which didn't even reach half way.

Still, I'm not proud and happy to take the three points. I've seen us play better and lose, so I suppose things tend to even out. Another nail in McGee's coffin!

A nice big GIRUY you Maguire after his pathetic antics in front of the away support. When he's not fighting in Tiger Tiger he's being a complete ned on the football pitch. It was fantastic to watch him go steaming in on Stuart Duff obviously looking to hammer him at the corner only for Duff to turn back inside him and let "Bebo" go skidding off the pitch. Even beter was Duffs face as he had a wee laugh to himself as he brought the ball out of defence. Excellent stuff.

• Agree 2

That's the worst I've seen us away this year. When they equalised, I felt sure Aberdeen would go on to win it, but.... :rotflmao:

Esson was outstanding, again. His save in the six yard box from the low driven cross, being the best of a whole series of great saves.

Munro, and Tokely were solid. Munro would've been my MOTM if it hadn't been for Esson. Both McCann, and Shinnie were caught out of position far too often, and while he looks a great prospect, I think we need a bit more experience at left back. Last night, and against Motherwell on Sat, I felt both teams targetted him....and to be brutally honest, he's been given a torrid time in both games.

Strange decision for the penalty. If it'd been against us I'd have been raging. These are the type of incidents that happen at every corner, and normally the ref will stop play, tell the players to cut it out, and retake the corner. Still, good on him!!

Dosent seem to matter who we play or what the circumstances are...we always seem to get a result away from home.

Having viewed the penalty id say it was soft but its karma as Aberdeen have won several soft ones of us in the past. McGhee's conduct towards the decision however was unacceptable and i hope he is punished for that.

When Velicka equalised i thought that if we weathered the pressure that was too follow and that was the case, great cross from Foran and great header from Granty.

Fantastic away support, made up for the lousy turnout from Aberdeens fans. And :nanananana: to Chris Maguire, Duff got you good.

The Truth About The McGhee Situation

He was offered money by the board and the BBC believe he accepted it but it turned out later that he rejected it and wants more money.

Edited by MissICT

was great result last and i thought we dug in there when we had too and rooooney missed a couplre of good chances early doors and well done to foran who played through the pain barrier from the start so glad we made the trip even the snow on the way home didnt dampden the spirits well done to all great result and teryy at the end awsome same again on sat wish i could amke it but work calls this time

Neither team played great football tonight and I think the win was a result of us wanting it more and battling on regardless of the fact we just couldn't make things click and get a proper performance going. It's that attitude we've (re)developed under Butcher that has us where we are and long may it continue.

Esson has already received just praise for his performance and I think he may be using glue on the palms of his gloves given some of the saves he manges to hold....the one in the second half where the ball was played low across the 6 yard box with a fair pace and he caught it at full stretch with one hand was tremendous.

I'm also wondering if Odhiambo has been taking flying lessons. He wasn't on the park for long but that goalmouth scramble where he seemed to appear from nowhere to steal the ball off the toe as the shot was being unleashed was fairly spectacular.

Shinnie was given another thorough testing this evening and whilst he may still have a lot to learn he never once let the head go down....a very mature performance in that regard and one that will stand him in good stead as he continues to progress.

Mackie looked to have taken a sore one in the collision with Esson, hope it's nothing too serious.

Reports today are that he'll be out for possibly the rest of the season with knee ligament damage, a bad injury for anyone but another excuse for McGhee to use