FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Our Prayers Could be Answered

tm4tj

Taken from a bio about our ref tomorrow. Tokely and others take care!!

According to Alain Hamer a referee should be invisible during a match. Only when you haven't noticed him, his job has been well done.

Invisibility, though, is not always possible for the Luxemburger, considering his tendency to sometimes show an avalanche of yellow cards. For instance 10 in the 2005 CL mach Real Betis - Chelsea FC (1-0) and 8 in 2006 in the CL match Villarreal CF - Glasgow Rangers (1-1).

Invisibility? Take a look at this list:

2006 Villareal - Rangers: 53 fouls

2005 World Cup u17 Brazil - Korea: 66 fouls (yes, extra time, but still...)

2004 Champions League Olympiakos - Real Sociedad : 57 fouls

2002 Champions League Leverkusen - Fenerbahce : 57 fouls

Usually, in a non-Hamer match, the amount of fouls is between 20 and 35, sometimes 40.

Izzaguire is out - Mulgrew will probably replace him.

ictchris likes this

Jolly good - will look forward to Hayes ripping him a colander of new @rseholes. Just hope Celtic don't get too many free kicks around the box.

Edited by alternative maryhill

Breaking news on Sportsound... apparently the Portuguese refs landed in Glasgow, heard the truth about the strike and got on the next plane home. Two more games probably off. What a massive clusterf*ck.

Hope they don't start transferring the refs around in an effort to protect the televised games, or we might find our game is off after all. Looking forward to this game is the only thing that's been keeping me sane over the past couple of days.

..and now they're reporting that the SFA are claiming they still have cover for these guys and that the six SPL games will go ahead. Sheesh.

:amazed:

They were just saying on sportsound that there could be another twist in the tale...

The Portuguese and the Polish refs went home because they saw the email and both of these places are Catholic countries

The Portuguese and the Polish refs went home because they saw the email and both of these places are Catholic countries

Why would seeing the e-mail make them want to support the referees?

He was joking, at least I really hope he was and he doesn't actually believe that!

It was on the STV website that the refs were told they were on a referee exchange programme and I guess when they found out the real reason they were needed here they did a u-turn and went home.

Surely the other refs know the story as well by now, if not they could easily refuse to do the games as well.

well the teams on their way down today so if they cant get down there will be no game

The A9 is open all the way South with no significant problems, bit of snow around Speyside but no wind and Drumochter is pretty much black on the traffic Scotland cams.

well the teams on their way down today so if they cant get down there will be no game

Have the team not started travelling the night before and have the quiz night in the hotel?

I saw one of the trainers last night and they said they were going down today

BBC news live outside Hamilton just now, said all 6 are going ahead

It looked not that bad down there so far, sunny dry and maybe an 1" of snow settled(outside the stadium), I'm surprised a weather reporter wasn't laying on the ground trying to make it look higher :tongueincheek:

Edited by 12th Man

Have the team not started traveling the night before and have the quiz night in the hotel?

I saw one of the trainers last night and they said they were going down today

I have seen on TV, African tribes consulting with the local oracle,he throws sandal in the air and it tells him what advice to give by how it lands.

Miss ICT, I'm so relieved to know that one of your trainers tell you that the team will be traveling down today. :twothumbsup:

Edited by 12th Man