FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

El Classico

DALNEIGHCALEY

Anyone else watch the Barca - Real game last night ? Barca thrashed Real 5 - 0 in what must surely have been the most one sided game ever between the great rivals . Some of Barcelona's play was simply breathtaking and IMHO was the best football I've probably ever watched , even with our great record on the road I think even ICT would've struggled to keep our unbeaten run going last night !!!

Seem to remember that they have done this to Real Madrid in the past. Thought I noticed a headline or two when on a stadium tour there a couple of years ago.

Big win though and a boot in the erse for Ronaldo.

What was quite sound to hear was that i think 9 of Barca's starting 11 were players that came through there own academy, the way the ripped Madrid apart last night was simply breathtaking.

What was quite sound to hear was that i think 9 of Barca's starting 11 were players that came through there own academy, the way the ripped Madrid apart last night was simply breathtaking.

That stat is really impressive and contrasts with Real Madrid's policy of buying the worlds most glamorous and expensive players. It's great to see long-term team building triumph over short-term splurging. Only a team that has grown together with a common ideology could play football like we saw last night - they pass and move as if they are reading their team-mates' minds. Franco's favourites showed a complete lack of dignity throughout their humiliation. The way Sergio Ramos lunged at Messi was disgraceful and he should be banned for a very long time for that and his subsequent assault of Puyol and Xavi as he stormed off. Carvalho should've had at least two red cards and Cristiano Ronaldo had the cheek to lay his grubby mits on Pep. Well done Barca for putting these cnuts in their place.

After watching the game I bumped into some of my mates on the train. It was really hard to not say it was the best performance I had ever seen but, I am an Inverness and Scotland fan so, that probably is the case. The passing was ridiculous, Real couldn't get the ball. I liked Keoman at the end trying his hardest not to smile. I think Barca are a club that behave as badly as Chelsea, Real or Inter of the pitch but on it, absolutely outstanding.

Eight of the starting XI came through the Barca ranks. By the end though it was nine as you mention. Abidal, Villa and Alves all started but did not come from within Barcelona. Even so it's quite staggering to see that at one of the worlds top teams.

Jose Mourinho didn't look so " special " last night :rotflmao:

he is the most handsome f**ny you will ever see.

They perhaps came through the academy, but many of them are not "home grown" as Barca would, like many bigger clubs, have been creaming the best young players from other teams. For every youngster that made it, you're probably looking at dozens of others who were uprooted, dragged half way across the country (or even further) and then dumped when they didn't measure up....many who may have been perfectly good players for other teams, but are now lost to the game as a result.

loved the bit midway through the second half, 3 Barca players decided to ghost past a Real player using 3 backheels within a second.

The best team performance ever seen, well Reals 380 million euro team looked poor, but Barca were soo good, dont think anyone would have got near them last night.

We should ask Barca to loan us a couple of youngsters, but they would have trouble getting into our team just now