FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Top 20 Goals since leaving Highland League

CELTIC1CALEY3

Johnny's goal today has to be one of the best ever scored by an ICT player. Rankin's goal would surely have been in the top 20 also. Duff's goal against Motherwell was very impressive as of course was Kevin's goal at Tannadice this season. Barry's belter over the head of Gordon Marshall at Motherwell in the Cup will take some beating.

Could our memories stretch to the best 20?

Just on importance, Hissy's goal against Clyde.

Also: Russell Duncans' goal against Dundee Utd in the scottish cup a few years back, Blackies goal against Dundee Utd at Tannadice, Dargo's volley at Ibrox, Cowie's free-kick against Killie and I seem to remember a Ronaldinho-esque free kick from Richie Hart in a pre-season friendly a few years back! Just to name a few.

Rankin's brilliant strike v Rangers perhaps caused more delirium than any, but Wilson's 40 yarder at Motherwell was genius of the type we might never see again.

But for sheer class, let's not forget Dargo's chip at Stirling. It's extremely rare that I've seen opposition fans applauding an ICT goal.

I remember 2 goals from years ago both against Hearts in the cup, Tokelys goal when he was holding his left foot and David Bagans goal, it wasn't a screamer its just I remember him toying with a hearts defender before putting it in the back of the net, right in front of us away fans

A few contenders...

Paul Ritchie's header against Dunfermline in the Scottish Cup Semi Final at Hampden....

Bingham against St. Johnstone on the last day of the first SPL promotion season...

Brian Thomson against Stenhousemuir in the Scottish Cup in '96 (I think)...

Liam Keogh in the aforementioned Clyde game (what a volley!)...

Mikey Teasdale v County (screamer from edge of the box across the keeper and into far corner) at Viccy Park in '96 (again, I think!)...

Mark McCulloch v Dundee United in the Scottish Cup (1998, maybe??)...

Any of Stewarties chip shots against County, although any of the Viccy Park ones are maybe that bit sweeter...!

Tokely v Hearts in the Scottish Cup in '02...

Golabek v Dunfermline at Pittodrie, our first SPL goal ever by our Skipper, brilliant...

All three of Alan Herchers Hat Trick against Arbroath in the first ever SFL game in Inverness!

Edited by Bridge_Ender

Some great memories there Bridge_Ender. I was at Ochilview that day in 1996, we took a hell of a pounding from Stenny in the first half. Thommo's screamer in the second secured us a place in the next round...Rangers at home (played at Tannadice).

The goal that will stay with me forever is Iain Stewart's outrageous chip over the County keeper in our second ever match at TCS. Dunno if anyone still has a copy of it but it was captured on TV.

A few contenders...

Paul Ritchie's header against Dunfermline in the Scottish Cup Semi Final at Hampden....

Bingham against St. Johnstone on the last day of the first SPL promotion season...

Liam Keogh in the aforementioned Clyde game (what a volley!)...

Mikey Teasdale v County (screamer from edge of the box across the keeper and into far corner) at Viccy Park in '96 (again, I think!)...

Mark McCulloch v Dundee United in the Scottish Cup (1998, maybe??)...

Any of Stewarties chip shots against County, although any of the Viccy Park ones are maybe that bit sweeter...!

Tokely v Hearts in the Scottish Cup in '02...

Golabek v Dunfermline at Pittodrie, our first SPL goal ever by our Skipper, brilliant...

All three of Alan Herchers Hat Trick against Arbroath in the first ever SFL game in Inverness!

That is a REALLY impressive post!!! :twothumbsup: