FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Curse of the Captain

Bronson

So what's up with our captain? First it was Grant who's game suffered when he was made captain, now it's Foran. Foran looks a shadow of the player he was in the last couple of seasons.

He was always one of battlers and fighters in our team, but this season i've noticed him offer little in the way of support to our young players. Instead he seems very quick to criticise them.

Is the responsibility to much for him, or has he never recovered fully from his stomach injury at the end of last season. Also if he's such an influential player then why has Butcher taken him off so often in recent games?

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

Bronson,

This is unfair and another reason why the team perhaps do not like playing at home. In away games there is 110% support. At home, elements of the home crowd are negative, silent, destructively critical, and forever pulling players down.

Richie Foran is an inspirational leader who gives his all within the energy he has. No player, not even Rossco is superman.

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 4

Dont think its unfair at all. Foran has suffered a dip of form of late and I think we are all entitled to voice it. I do sort of feel that his own game has suffered since he became captain but I think he always shouted at his teammates even before he was captain. Maybe he is carrying an injury? However discussing on here is very different from abusing players when thery are on the pitch.

Edited by old caley girl
  • Agree 1

The whole teams form has dipped so it's a bit unfair to single out one player and attribute it to the fact he is the captain, yes it is easy to latch onto this fact but not a factor in my opinion.

Yes Granty was a good captain but he wasn't an inspirational leader who pushed players on, Foran is and it's all too easy to mistake bullying and getting on players backs as opposed to encouraging and getting them going, he after all should know the players well enough to decide what works for each player and what doesn't. Every now and again they do need a kick up the arse.

I am sure that when the whole team starts firing again he'll be on top form.

Bronson,

This is unfair and another reason why the team perhaps do not like playing at home. In away games there is 110% support. At home, elements of the home crowd are negative, silent, destructively critical, and forever pulling players down.

Richie Foran is an inspirational leader who gives his all within the energy he has. No player, not even Rossco is superman.

I think it's fair to say there is more positive support for the players away from home due to the fact they play better away from home. Our home form has been nothing short of horrific this season and I think some of the critisism directed at the players is totally warranted.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Richie missed the first few games of the season but when he returned the whole team got a lift. Personally, i think his form has dipped because he hasn't fully recovered or is carrying another injury. Either way, i think he needs rested. If fully fit, he'd be in my starting line-up every game. He just looks a yard off the pace at the moment.

Edited by robbylad

its not foran its the system foran is first an thoremost a centre forward

4-4-2 is the way forward for us

couldnt agree more yes the formation played a massive role in our great away run because it is counter attacking football but at home it hasnt worked apart from those 2 matches against aberdeen and hibs we need to take the game to away side. It only really works when we play the old firm because they will have more possession but everyone else we can dominate if we go attacking we may not win but i believe we would win a lot more if we did

Disagree, tonight Foran may have misplaced a few passes but he and the other midfielders ran themselves into the ground. Just watch him when we lose the ball, his covering for other players when they're caught out of position, last ditch tackles and defensive duties at set pieces. With a bit of luck & composure he may have also got on the scoresheet. Plus I didn't notice any excessive criticism aimed at his team-mates.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

I agree with the sponge

what goes against Foran is that he set such high standards with some exceptional performances over the past 12 months, his form has dropped a bit (like others in the team i may add) and things arent going quite his way ATM however i have no doubt once he regains his form he will go back to having a huge influence in the team