FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Alex MacDonald

Libero

Apparently he didn't set the heather on fire at Falkirk last season (that's the polite version of what I read) Hopefully he'll do better with us

Saw that on P&B

Few quotes from a Burnely forum about the Macdonald and Fletcher loan proposals:

I was curious that we're letting two attacking players go to the same team but looking at Terry Butcher's recent comments he's looking for some goals.

MacDonald seems to be scoring for fun lately so you can understand the interest. I hope they both do well and come back better players for it as Jay Rod did with Stirling Albion.

I still think Alex is better playing wide but I know he'd dispute that with me. If this comes off then hope the two of them both do really well.

Great loan for Wes and Alex and much higher standard than playing against non league reserve teams. They'll do themselves and the club proud.

Excellent move for both if it comes off.

I'd hope they get a fair amount of game time, but ICT are having a really good season so it will be hard for them.

Obviously I cannot comment on the quality of Alex MacDonald, not having see him play. But I find it strange that Burnley are happy for a 20 year old striker to go out on loan to ICT, and on the same day they sign a 21 year old striker from Swindon. With my cynical head on, it seems they are saying, they don't think MacDonald will make the grade in Championship?

Hope he proves them wrong and scores a barrowload for us!!

Not necessarily DBD. They might just want the opportunity to look at another option and choose which player they think will fit in better for their team.

Let's give both the new players a real chance to fit in the team to see what they can do.

Who is worried about 5.7" being a drawback? If the player can run round the opposing team's players who cares? Jonny Hayes is short is he not......? It's spirit and heart that matters , right?

Juanjo was not exactly a big bruiser was he? C'mon give the lads a chance. :bouncyred:

Hopefully he can create some of that attacking flair we have been lacking over the last 2 months or so. Seems like a decent signing for the rest of the season. One question though, who is TB going to drop to fit this lad in? Rooney? Foran? Hayes? Tricky one solve i think

Glad to see Terry focus on young players with something to prove instead of older players looking to make a few quid before they hang up the boots.

Don't necessarily expect to see these new signings getting automatic starts, but we've been lacking a little in the options department up front, and these new signings will hopefully help resolve that. At the moment we've pretty much got a team built around/set up to support Rooney as a lone striker, opponents are getting to know how we play based on our fairly limited options and bringing in a couple of unknown elements can do no harm.

Hopefully he can create some of that attacking flair we have been lacking over the last 2 months or so. Seems like a decent signing for the rest of the season. One question though, who is TB going to drop to fit this lad in? Rooney? Foran? Hayes? Tricky one solve i think

I reckon he'll put Foran in a defensive midfield position, freeing up a place on the left for someone to come in e.g. Doran