FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sanchez injury

Libero

The Press and Journal are reporting today that the Sanchez injury was worse than ititially feared. Turns out he broke his hand in three places and required surgery on Sunday. Butcher thinks he'll be out for over a month and will miss the cup QF

story here

This is a real blow not only to Sanchez but to the team. Since he made his goal scoring cameo against Elgin he looked a far hungrier player and he looked a lot better than he has done in the past. He has strengthened up considerably and doesnt back away from tackles nearly as much as he used to. Also with his goals and creativity he brought something different to the team, as the article says he also brought enthusiasm to the dressing room which made him a popular part of the team, he will be missed

i wish him a speedy recovery and for him to be back to full fitness soon

Edited by Libero
  • Agree 5

"He took a fair old whack on the hand from one of their players which caused three different breaks, so you can imagine the kind of pain he?s been in."

That must have been some whack !!!!! Here's to a speedy recovery.

Ohhh, that's no handy.

It is a great shame as I believe Dani has plenty to offer the side, a bit of Spanish flair is always a good thing. He has an ability to drift past players and can spot a pass that others only dream of.

Get well soon.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I was one of the people crying out for Dani to have his shot in the side. But as there were so many people shouting the same thing, i worried that too much was heaped on him as to be our superman to get us out of the rut and he would get shot down again....but no, Dani got a chance in the squad, and took it with both hands (excuse the pun, no laughing matter).

He grabbed his chance, so for that well done Dani. Just unlucky for this new injury to happen, but hopefully a bit of luck is due for ya! Get well soon!

A real shame for the wee man, he made a great impact on Saturday and has been a bit of a revelation since he hit that winner against Elgin.

IMO he should be the one starting in Odi's position. Hope he recovers quickly and gets back to his best.

As I posted on Saturday it did not look very pleasant. It will take some time to strengthen it when it repairs. He was very inspirational against Elgin and Morton as he bettled back from time out. Here's hoping he makes it back in the team again this season to try and win a contract for next year.