FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotland v England at TCS

Alex MacLeod

Not something that has been well publicised but, for all you who wish to go along and support Scotland Schoolboys U-18 against England in the Centenary Shield competition, the match will be played at TCS on 21st April with a 1935 kick off. The game will also be televised live of Skysports.

I discovered this info by accident whilst looking up on the Vicory Shield on the English Schools FA site Here I would have thought that at the very least ICTFC.co.uk could have published details of this one. On saying that the Scottish Schools FA website doesn't make it easy to find out things either.

Not so many years ago the Inverness and North public would be flocking to such a game! Let's hope we remember our roots and get there in serious numbers.

I remember them days....hell...i even remember Scottish Firebrigade vs English Firebrigade used to attract a decent crowd!

• 4 weeks later...

It was an entertaining enough game, good goal and Scotland had the beating of the England defence all night.

The guy that got stretchered off looks a great prospect as did the wee No 14.

Well done.

Not very eventful so far... Still 0-0. Scotland player just got strechered off.... :0(

Sorry but I have to disagree. I thought it was very eventful. It was end to end stuff with many chances at both ends. I really enjoyed watching it. Wish I could say the same for many of the pro matches I've watched in recent years. Bear in mind that these are schoolboy players playing in schoolboy leagues. One or two are lucky enough to be affiliated to senior clubs and have the possibility to learn from the pro's but most are coached by parents and volunteers who give their time for fun.

The one thing that really annoys me about the professional club youth systems is that, in most cases, if a player signs to a club he is not allowed to play for his school team. That to me is totally crap. (And before the sexist brigade get on my back I dont actually know if the same applies in the womens game)

Really good game - glad I made the effort to go. Good atmosphere and 1st time I have ever seen a ref admit he made a mistake and rescind a yellow card! Well done, that man. Scotland could have had quite a few goals and there were a few stars of the future on show, including the young man from Tain (no 14). Just a pity he didnt get a goal.