FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Liam Molesworth

caleyrule

Anyone know anything about a Liam Molesworth? Currently on trial with us and making his debut tonight v Brora Rangers

All i can find is that he used to play for Stratford

I don't know anything about this guy other than the fact that if there was ever a sitcom made about Caley Thistle then that could be the name for Liam Polworth's character.:twothumbsup:

Played for Stratford Town youth team and Birmingham county U18's last season. Seems to be a bit off a goalscorer. Probably "another for the future"

All i can find is that he used to play for Stratford

As far as I could see, not even the Stratford Town first team. Plays as a forward for their youth team in the Midlands Youth Floodlit League. Wonder how this came about, it's not an obvious move for either party, and you'd think that if he's a rising star then one of the more local teams would have picked him up. Hope it works out though.

After scoring on his debut last night we then told him we wouldn't be offering him a contract and he was getting released

Where did we tell him this? Yup on the bus infront of the other players

Once again our club makes a mockery of itself and if other young players are to talk to liam, I would imagine he would advise to stay away from us

When will our club have a right good look at itself we can't carry on like this

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Well that's just shocking. Perhaps the Board should tell the person who told the young lad this should be told his services are no long longer required. An announcement to that effect over the tannoy system at the first home match of the season might be the way to do it.

Whilst I really do sympathise with this young man I feel it's a bit unfair to call for the sacking of one of our youth coaches, one of the coaches who have done this club a great service in finding the likes of Nick Ross, Graham Shinnie, Shane Sutherland, Gavin Morrison, These guys and Grant Munro.

No one on here saw how well Liam Molesworth played last night, or has come on stating so, no one has commented on how well or badly he trained with the squad. We do not know the circumstances behind why he was told on the bus, it may well have been that the feeling was telling him as early as possible would cause less grief to the guy, who was obviously in high emotions after scoring for the team.

Sorry for saying this but we are not really in a position to call for the sacking of a coach, just because he decided someone is not good enough for us and made the choice to let him down as early as possible.

• Agree 3

He's not best please -

"All time high to the lowest point in my life in the space of an hour."

"basically been released due to non fball reasons which doesnt hve nethin to do with me or my ability. shame football is political."

The last seems to be the most intriguing, but what does he mean? Is he talking about some unknown agenda inside ICT, or his he just bitter at not being signed up?

Edited by Renegade

Once again our club makes a mockery of itself and if other young players are to talk to liam, I would imagine he would advise to stay away from us

Hmmm, young player gets his break at an SPL club and asks a bitter ex trialist for advice, do you really think he'd pass up an opportunity to show what he is made of because he might get dropped on the bus in front of "team mates" he does not really know?

A coach at another club asks ICT's coaching staff for advice on a trialist we had looked at previously and is told "he was okay, not quite what we were looking for but the worst thing is if you don't take him on he will bad mouth you all over twitter and get your fans on his side asking for you or your collegues to be sacked" do you think said trialist would get an opportunity based on this reference?

caleyrule, you have done this guy no favours at all.

• Agree 2

Quite possible Alex but in the long run our speculation can only go to harm those involved. Looking at Liam's twitter feed he does not bad mouth the club himself but the club's name have been sullied by what he told one of our fans, possibly in confidence, and that could damage his reputation a lot more than it will a club playing at the highest level in their country. People should be aware of how much damage a comment made on the internet can do, whether it was made in frustration, other high emotions or not. Careers stand to be won or lost at times.

Whilst I really do sympathise with this young man I feel it's a bit unfair to call for the sacking of one of our youth coaches, one of the coaches who have done this club a great service in finding the likes of Nick Ross, Graham Shinnie, Shane Sutherland, Gavin Morrison, These guys and Grant Munro.

No one on here saw how well Liam Molesworth played last night, or has come on stating so, no one has commented on how well or badly he trained with the squad. We do not know the circumstances behind why he was told on the bus, it may well have been that the feeling was telling him as early as possible would cause less grief to the guy, who was obviously in high emotions after scoring for the team.

Sorry for saying this but we are not really in a position to call for the sacking of a coach, just because he decided someone is not good enough for us and made the choice to let him down as early as possible.

Well said, some of the people on this forum should find something more constructive to do with their time rather than jumping on the backs of staff/coaches/board members/other fans at any available opportunity.

• Agree 1