FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Cheers to the future

Am I alone in feeling that the ins and outs this pre season are a most encouraging sign for the future of ICT - We are not going for glam signings or overpriced sugnings - but we are recruiting a bunch of high potential younger bracket players - who to be fair may or may not make it - but that is building fer the future in my book and we arent going for loan signings or Johnny Foreigners looking fer a wage and a move upwards.

I doff ma flat cap to Terry and Mo for being so "brave" to go for this sort of outlook - Get this type of squad to gel together and we will hold our own, install that feeling of gratitude and loyalty to ICT - and we may well shock a few this season.

I actually feel more confident pre season than I ever have done. This feels like a together squad all round that has something to prove and have the shop window to do so in.

BRING IT FECKIN ON - CALEYAWAY WITH TERRY AND MO :twothumbsup:

• Agree 4

Am I alone in feeling that the ins and outs this pre season are a most encouraging sign for the future of ICT - We are not going for glam signings or overpriced sugnings - but we are recruiting a bunch of high potential younger bracket players - who to be fair may or may not make it - but that is building fer the future in my book and we arent going for loan signings or Johnny Foreigners looking fer a wage and a move upwards.

I doff ma flat cap to Terry and Mo for being so "brave" to go for this sort of outlook - Get this type of squad to gel together and we will hold our own, install that feeling of gratitude and loyalty to ICT - and we may well shock a few this season.

I actually feel more confident pre season than I ever have done. This feels like a together squad all round that has something to prove and have the shop window to do so in.

BRING IT FECKIN ON - CALEYAWAY WITH TERRY AND MO :twothumbsup:

I love your positive outlook, there's not nearly enough of that on this forum sometimes. :twothumbsup:

I am being wholly serious - the only decision that I cant fathom is the release of Grant Munro - although rumour has it that he was told that he could not be gauranteed a starting slot.

I rarely agree with anything you say Ender but the Grant Munro situation makes me mighty angry and I believe Butcher has possibly made the biggest mistake of his ICT managerial career to date

In my opinion Grant should still be at the club and in the starting line up every week

All i will say is that its a big risk Terry is taking to treat the local hero so shabbily

dougal

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

The way I see it is no one player is bigger than the club grants wages would probably be more than players like A.shinnie, and tansey and tade sometime you have to make sacrifices and as much as I loved grant pushing the club forward is the most important thing.

Next season we could be saying things like wats aldred doing grant would never do that but I'm looking at this as a positive move from the club.

• Agree 1

A great perception IHE. Some these young guys have got some great potential and could really end up writing themselves in the history books of ICT, just wish the current crop on trial would stop getting injured.

I am being wholly serious - the only decision that I cant fathom is the release of Grant Munro - although rumour has it that he was told that he could not be gauranteed a starting slot.

I rarely agree with anything you say Ender but the Grant Munro situation makes me mighty angry and I believe Butcher has possibly made the biggest mistake of his ICT managerial career to date

In my opinion Grant should still be at the club and in the starting line up every week

All i will say is that its a big risk Terry is taking to treat the local hero so shabbily

dougal

Good to see you back, Dougal. I happen to agree with what you say - not the bit about rarely agreeing with IHE but the rest of it. Have a green dot.

The way I see it is no one player is bigger than the club grants wages would probably be more than players like A.shinnie, and tansey and tade sometime you have to make sacrifices and as much as I loved grant pushing the club forward is the most important thing.

Next season we could be saying things like wats aldred doing grant would never do that but I'm looking at this as a positive move from the club.

Of course no one is bigger than the club but letting Grant Munro leave was a huge risk. It will only be a positive if we manage to successfully reshape our defence and with two weeks to go until the start of the season that hasn't happened yet.

Fingers crossed. . . .

• Agree 2

Today I watched a game of football. Not a particularly exciting one. Indeed quite mediocre. The one thing that was apparant very early on in that game was the lack of Grant Munro. Ball was passed from defence to midfield and on to attack. There was some very good passing within and out of defence. And not once, other than from the keeper, did a ball pass over everyone and into the opposition keepers hands. No panic hoofs up the pitch.

That said I was a fan of Grants and, like others, was shocked by his being released. I am, however, something of a realist and know that the days of keeping players forever are gone and that it is always neccessary, when seeking success, to freshen things up in all areas. Grant may be gone but he'll not be forgotten. He will, however, be replacable.

I'm guessing, very much guessing, that Grqnt bring released may have been due to wage demands? Merely surmising and guessing. Would live to know what happened.

Was nothing to do with wage demands what so ever I can assure u of that much at least.

I'm guessing, very much guessing, that Grqnt bring released may have been due to wage demands? Merely surmising and guessing. Would live to know what happened.

Was nothing to do with wage demands what so ever I can assure u of that much at least.

I heard it was about the captaincy.

About the future, we still don't know what the player composition of the team for this coming season actually is.

Until we do, and know who is fit and who is not and also see that the chosen ones are gelling together very nicely, I remain nervous. With two weeks to go I think that what we do know does not seem to justify becoming complacent at all.

Hopeful we can be of course but only because hope springs eternal in the human breast, but now I am looking for facts. Why ? Because time just flies by........