FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kilmarnock -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

And that, as they say, is how you do that!!!

I've said several times this season that someone was going to be on the end of a hiding and I said yesterday on the way down the road that I felt it would be this game....and it was.

For some reasons we always seem to have decent, entertaining matches against Killie and I was getting flash backs to the Pele era where the game plan was to go out there, give it everything in attack and if we were going to conceded then we'd just have to counter that by scoring more ourselves.

The display by the lads should be a big fat two finger salute to anyone who thinks this squad is not capable and/or not willing to work and fight for each other and the team. Davis who's maybe had a little more than his share of the criticism when it comes to commitment gave his all...and a bit more. He owned the entire area between the two boxes yesterday and I quickly lost count of the number of times he stopped Killie getting beyond the halfway line or set ICT on their way with a quick/clever ball.

Davis was causing so many problems for Killie in the middle that it's little surprise that he was the main target of their frustrations when the composure finally broke. Good job by the rest of the ICT squad for stopping him (Davis) from losing his as a result....especially Tade who had a rather stern word and highlighted that there was no need to risk stupid bookings (especially with him already on a yellow).

It doesn't feel right being critical of anything after that results....so I won't. It's important that the team carry that performance and confidence in to the next game so nothing to be gained from pissing on the parade with what is no more than a couple of small frustrations.

Andrew Shinnie looked like he could have scored with his eyes shut this afternoon...and Tade scoring two 1 on 1's will boost his confidence. Hayes gave a prime example of what we need to be doing more often...and that's getting over the ball and having a pop. He (Hayes) was spent by the time he came off (actually about 15 minutes before he came off)....but considering he's just back from injury and lacking match time that's hardly surprising and he gave his all (and some) while on the park.

Foran...again...had a far better performance playing from a deeper position...and may even be a little frustrated that he didn't get on the scoresheet himself.

I wonder if the rumours are true and Shane Sutherland was given up as a blood sacrifice in some strange voodoo ritual on the Friday Night!!!

I know we famously beat Ayr 7-3, but at SPL level is this the highest number of goals we have scored, and the highest scoring game we have been involved in?

IIRC it is level with the highest amount of goals scored in an SPL game, but it is not the biggest win - that was a 6-1 in over Gretna in 2007/08.

I know we famously beat Ayr 7-3, but at SPL level is this the highest number of goals we have scored, and the highest scoring game we have been involved in?

IIRC it is level with the highest amount of goals scored in an SPL game, but it is not the biggest win - that was a 6-1 in over Gretna in 2007/08.

Highest amount of goals we have scored but 9 is not the highest scored in any spl game. There was the 6-6 Motherwell Hibs game a couple of years ago

Highest amount of goals we have scored but 9 is not the highest scored in any spl game. There was the 6-6 Motherwell Hibs game a couple of years ago

In other words the score line is not a record breaker either for us or for the SPL.

A good scoreline and hopefully our first step towards recovery from this awful season so far but not ground breaking.

I've deliberately not posted for a while on the games purely as I haven't seen the team play and don't feel I could make proper judgements fairly based on hearing radio commentary but having watched the re-run on Alba last night I am not as down beat as I have been over the last few weeks.

I saw enough from yesterdays game to suggest that we aren't as bad as recent results have made us out to be nor should we be worrying about still being bottom as if we can play the way we did yesterday in even half of our games we'll do enough to get ourselves further up the table. I was encouraged by our passing and movement and can't recall too many long balls either which was always a bug bear of mine, the finishing was clinical and A Shinnie was particularly impressive and I was one of his biggest critics at the start of the season so glad he has proved me wrong.

That's what I meant - for ICT.

Best away day in a long time! Still trying to shake off the hangover though! It was worth it. Celebrated like we had won the league last night! Going to watch it on Alba now. I have been told that the camera zooms in on the conga. lol I look forward to re-watching this!

This is such an important result for us. The confidence boost that this will give the players is huge. We've had great results like 7-0 at Ayr, 7-3 v Ayr and 4-3 after being down 3-0 at half time against, erm... Ayr. But this performance and result against the 2nd team in Ayrshire will always be up there. Considering our curent league position, this may be one of the most important results in our history. Onwards and upwards!

Your forgetting the remarkable 7 - 6 home win Caley v Celtic on sat 19th November 2011- including the amazing Tade goalscoring exploits !

Shoot , i`ve just woke !

I have had a similar vision but it was 4-0 and Lennon got the boot and the North Stand sang "Juanjo"

• Agree 1

Oh boy, that was as good as it gets.

Great performance all round and no black marks for anyone from me.

The worst thing that happened was the white ball disappearing from Fanny's................and IHE being saved by a heroine who risked life and limb to keep him in the pub. :twothumbsup:

Thoroughly deserved thrashing of Killie who were simply overrun by us and we could have been in double figures. Disappointing to lose late goals, but hey ho, six for us ain't all bad.

The worst thing that happened was the white ball disappearing from Fanny's................and IHE being saved by a heroine who risked life and limb to keep him in the pub. :twothumbsup:

I discovered who stole the white ball, shortly after getting off the train in Glasgow. I won't name names, but all I shall say is Jedward. ;)

Agreed, but in the cold light of day, do we have to acknowledge that the goalfest was as much due to Killie's tactical ineptidude as to our own good performance?

Up until the 59th minute they were very much in the game - it was 1-2, and they could easily have just been awarded a penalty for Rossco's handball. Then their manager decided to throw caution to the wind, taking off a defender and midfielder and putting on 2 more attack minded players.

That left them horribly exposed at the back, they were all over the place defensively, and we ruthlessly took advantage of that. 3 goals in the 7 minutes following the change.

Sounds a bit like I'm raining on our bonfire and p1ssing on our fireworks, but I'm not. We were superb on the counterattack, but I'm just suggesting that Killie's tactical change made it all possible, and other managers won't take our attacking threat so lightly in the coming weeks.

I discovered who stole the white ball, shortly after getting off the train in Glasgow. I won't name names, but all I shall say is Jedward. ;)

Another clue is it wasn't me........

Agreed, but in the cold light of day, do we have to acknowledge that the goalfest was as much due to Killie's tactical ineptidude as to our own good performance?

Up until the 59th minute they were very much in the game - it was 1-2, and they could easily have just been awarded a penalty for Rossco's handball. Then their manager decided to throw caution to the wind, taking off a defender and midfielder and putting on 2 more attack minded players.

That left them horribly exposed at the back, they were all over the place defensively, and we ruthlessly took advantage of that. 3 goals in the 7 minutes following the change.

Sounds a bit like I'm raining on our bonfire and p1ssing on our fireworks, but I'm not. We were superb on the counterattack, but I'm just suggesting that Killie's tactical change made it all possible, and other managers won't take our attacking threat so lightly in the coming weeks.

I suppose that the bottom line is that you do wear rose tinted glasses after watching your team score six goals away from home after the season that we have had. I tried to be a bit more honest with the Smileymometer and most there disagreed with me but I thought we really struggled, especially defensively, fer the first 15-20 minutes. I did however feel that we can to take control after the half hour mark and didnt lose that control thereafter.

Killie did sit off us and gave us far too much room but from what I gather our main problem has been taking chances and feck me did we do that at Rugby Park.

But to me Butcher has changed the personnel and the system and apart from central defence I hope that he sticks with it - even if we do suffer a setback. What we now have to acheive is consistency. The other main thing to me was that the togetherness factor had well and truly returned,

• Agree 1

I suppose that the bottom line is that you do wear rose tinted glasses after watching your team score six goals away from home after the season that we have had. I tried to be a bit more honest with the Smileymometer and most there disagreed with me but I thought we really struggled, especially defensively, fer the first 15-20 minutes. I did however feel that we can to take control after the half hour mark and didnt lose that control thereafter.

Killie did sit off us and gave us far too much room but from what I gather our main problem has been taking chances and feck me did we do that at Rugby Park.

But to me Butcher has changed the personnel and the system and apart from central defence I hope that he sticks with it - even if we do suffer a setback. What we now have to acheive is consistency. The other main thing to me was that the togetherness factor had well and truly returned,

Don't try and read something into it that was not there. We were on top from the start, lost a goal to a neat move and then proceeded to thump them. The fact that Killie were all over the place cuts no ice with me, they were sloppy, we were clinical and some of us are being cynical. We still had to make those chances count, and make them count we did. We never struggled defensively at all, they hardly crossed the halfway line in the first half. If we had not taken those opportunities then fair enough to criticise, but trying to find fault when there is none is just nit picking or winding up those that will listen. They were not so much still in the game, but merely hanging on by a thread.

Jog on.

• Agree 5

Watched ALBA as live, well the first half anyway then went out in Edinburgh got back in time to watch the second half.

:amazed::amazed::amazed:

Great game to watch and enjoyed every single goal (our ones)

Its amazing to see what a team with a we've got something to prove mentality can do.

Not exactly shure how I was being negative :shrug: Just said it as I saw it and clarified that many others disagreed. It was by far the best display of the season evidently, the camaraderie was there to be seen and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. but there is room fer further improvement. Our defence was "sloppy" and we could have prevented the first two if not all three. It simply has to be commented on, worked on and improved.

As Lewis Grizzard once announced to me: " The public, more often than not, will forgive mistakes, but it will not forgive trying to wriggle and weasel out of one.[/b}