FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Munro & Duncan Testimonial Match

Fraz

Starting line ups something like this..........

Present

Mathieson

Piermayr Tokely Proctor Shinnie

Ross Tansey Morrison Whyte

Sutherland Winnall

Legends

Calder

Tokely Mann Dods Munro

Wilson Christie Duncan McBain

Bayne Wyness

Lets change the feckin drift on here - what are YOUR fave Russeldhino and Granty moments.

For me it was Russel's goal against Dungdee at Tannadice plus his style of chastising team mates that made Foran look like a feckin choir boy. And Granty's goal and celebration against Queen of the South in the season we got promoted plus he ALWAYS came and acknowledged the away fans, irrespective if there was 20 or 1000 of us.

Thanks fer the memories lads. :rasta:

There ye go auld yin Munro goal at QoS

Had a great day out yesterday, really enjoyed the game and it was great seeing the old legends on the park again

I do agree with the posters on here who are disappointed with Butchers no-show, i was personally disappointed he didnt show.

A lot of the current first team squad were there, in the hospitality suites and they had no role in the proceedings of the day, quite rightly so, as it was a day for Grant and Russell. Absolutely no reason why Butcher couldnt have done the same. No reason why he couldnt have made his presence known but as a spectator and to show support for two outstanding servants to ICT. Yesterday was not a day about feuds or personality clashes or the fact that it was Butchers choice not to offer Grant and Russell new contracts it was about honouring two loyal players who have been outstanding servants and IMO vastly under-rated players for ICT.

I have been a staunch supporter of Butcher for the majority of his tenure here however there have been quite a few instances this season that have left a sour taste in my mouth. While i still have some faith that he can turn our fotunes round after a dismal season my patience wont last forever

• Agree 2

I'm sure the guys won't mind me passing on a huge thank you to everyone who helped make yesterday a very special day for them and all the fans who's support throughout has been fantastic. Well done all! :D

OK guys & girls. All posts with references to The Gaffer not showing up bar a couple that have also got other discussion points in them have been split into a new topic, Butchers No Show.

Any further post about Butcher on here will be deleted. This thread is to show our support for a pair of ICT died in the wool players, keep it that way please.

Rossco was like a man on a mission. It was like a throw back to the olde days with him and Barry overlapping each other and covering for each other seamlessly. Rossco was like Usain Bolt on speed yesterday, quicker than Mapplebeck's whippet out of the traps. Unkucky not to score three or four goals.

Great to see the silky skills of Charlie and the eternal possession passing of Bobby Mann, even at 40 stone, now that is a defender. Jimmy Calder did his legendary dribbles to the halfway line and even came up for a corner, think he took a taxi to get back to his own goal line as County cleared the danger. Best entertainment this season at Caledonian Stadium and a decent turn out considering, and well done to County fans for turning out in bigger numbers than most SPL sides have done this season, credit gudgies.

And Nessie the mascot was an absolute star at half time, brilliant choreography to entertain the crowd at the break :banana:

And to Grant and Russell. Thanks guys, you have given plenty to Inverness Caledonian Thistle, I hope they give you plenty in return.

• Agree 4

Neil McCuish, I believe he was on our books about 97-98. Someone can correct me if that is incorrect, found that info on the net somewhere, and if it is the same man he also played for Clach.

Who was the number 2 that came on in the second half? McCuish? McLeish or something?

Neil MacCuish, used to play for Clach and is Grant's best mate, was filling in for someone who dropped out. Did well considering what he drunk the night before!

• Agree 1

Neil McCuish, I believe he was on our books about 97-98. Someone can correct me if that is incorrect, found that info on the net somewhere, and if it is the same man he also played for Clach.

They were ICT "skillseekers" together but Neil was released and went to Clach. Moved to Edinburgh a few years ago and turned out for Edinburgh Uni in East of Scotland leage. Don't know what he's doing now.

• Agree 1

Possibly 250-300 in the South Stand and there must have been some in the corner of the main stand as Rossco received the standard set of boos every time he surged forward, and that was often.

Edited by tm4tj

What a great day, we get to see our up and coming players have a go at County, get entertained by a beyonce lookalike at half time, see a good turn out of well respected footballers from days gone by playing again and get a chance to say goodbye to 2 of them.

What a great way to celebrate my birthday,

So thanks to all those who put in the time and effort to make it such a good day out for Grant and Russell.

Ditto to all that 12th Man - I was celebrating my birthday too and had a great time. Rossco could have had a hatrick. Jim Calder's dribbles out of the his box were worth the entrance money alone. Fantastic craic in the Kingsmill Suite after as well. Russell's comment thanking Derek Adams for giving him his debut against his former club in the first half was priceless.

Edited by Row S

Could someone please tell me a bit about Tony Fraser so I can give a little background in the feature I'm doing? thanks

Tony, an absolute gentleman, was the Rapsons bus driver in the early SFL days for both ICT and County when he would take them both to alternating away games. He was hugely respected by both Highland clubs and a legend among the players and officials he used to drive. Tony died, I think of cancer, quite a few years ago and a Memorial Trophy was donated by his family for competition between the two clubs. That went into abeyance after a while but was brought out of cold storage for this testimonial.

Maybe it could now be formally restored for annual competition between the clubs alongside one of their SPL encounters (no smartass cynical one liners please!!) with the initial venue decided by the toss of a coin.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

OK guys & girls. All posts with references to The Gaffer not showing up bar a couple that have also got other discussion points in them have been split into a new topic, Butchers No Show.

Any further post about Butcher on here will be deleted. This thread is to show our support for a pair of ICT died in the wool players, keep it that way please.

Rossco was like a man on a mission. It was like a throw back to the olde days with him and Barry overlapping each other and covering for each other seamlessly. Rossco was like Usain Bolt on speed yesterday, quicker than Mapplebeck's whippet out of the traps. Unkucky not to score three or four goals.

Great to see the silky skills of Charlie and the eternal possession passing of Bobby Mann, even at 40 stone, now that is a defender. Jimmy Calder did his legendary dribbles to the halfway line and even came up for a corner, think he took a taxi to get back to his own goal line as County cleared the danger. Best entertainment this season at Caledonian Stadium and a decent turn out considering, and well done to County fans for turning out in bigger numbers than most SPL sides have done this season, credit gudgies.

And Nessie the mascot was an absolute star at half time, brilliant choreography to entertain the crowd at the break :banana:

And to Grant and Russell. Thanks guys, you have given plenty to Inverness Caledonian Thistle, I hope they give you plenty in return.

I agree with all that and as for Mapplebeck he was a Legend of a different type!

Could someone please tell me a bit about Tony Fraser so I can give a little background in the feature I'm doing? thanks

Tony, an absolute gentleman, was the Rapsons bus driver in the early SFL days for both ICT and County when he would take them both to alternating away games. He was hugely respected by both Highland clubs and a legend among the players and officials he used to drive. Tony died, I think of cancer, quite a few years ago and a Memorial Trophy was donated by his family for competition between the two clubs. That went into abeyance after a while but was brought out of cold storage for this testimonial.

Maybe it could now be formally restored for annual competition between the clubs alongside one of their SPL encounters (no smartass cynical one liners please!!) with the initial venue decided by the toss of a coin.

Thanks Charles, just wanted to check.

Sounds like a good idea for the cup but how about an annual mid summer veterans derby with the money going to charity, there was a good atmosphere about the testimonial game and it would be a good to win the cup in a good natured way by the players who actually remember Tony, 1 year home, 1 year away and let his name be remembered in a good way by both clubs.

Edited by 12th Man

Possibly 250-300 in the South Stand and there must have been some in the corner of the main stand as Rossco received the standard set of boos every time he surged forward, and that was often.

There were some c*unty fans just below us in the main stand (including one peculiar cross dresser (!) :0 who looked like they were heading for a lecture on safe animal "husbandry". All bad shirts and flat caps. They gave Rosscoe his usual pelters, and I asked one if it had made his day when Tokes scored. He looked like a bulldog chewing a wasp when he was told to get used to it for next year.

There were some c*unty fans just below us in the main stand (including one peculiar cross dresser (!) :0 who looked like they were heading for a lecture on safe animal "husbandry". All bad shirts and flat caps. They gave Rosscoe his usual pelters, and I asked one if it had made his day when Tokes scored. He looked like a bulldog chewing a wasp when he was told to get used to it for next year.

Stag do :ninja: (which Hiro unfortunately had to leave in Oban). The poor groom in the wig was the only ICT fan in amongst them and most certainly was not giving Rosscoe any abuse. The groom also got a signed shirt by the absolute gentlemen and legends that are Grant and Russell.