FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Red Cards

Dmacca

After this weeks infamous brawl in the Bradford City-Crawley Town game where 5 players were shown red cards, wondered have you ever witnesses anything close to this at games you have attended?

Although I did not attend, I know of one match involving Bristol Rovers in which 5 players were sent off, four of them from Bristol Rovers!

3 December 1997 Wigan v Bristol Rovers

I recall Hearts having four players sent off against Rangers at Ibrox in 1996. I believe that was equalling a record set by Hereford and Stranraer at that time. If a team is reduced to six players the game is abandoned.

No red cards in the aftermath of this melee ... but it was a red card that kicked it off after one of the Santos players headbutted Toronto FC's Ashtone Morgan at the 90th (+5) minute mark. Here's the video filmed by myself on Wednesday night !!!

My Video:

Video of same incident from the telly:

I recall Hearts having four players sent off against Rangers at Ibrox in 1996. I believe that was equalling a record set by Hereford and Stranraer at that time. If a team is reduced to six players the game is abandoned.

Thats the only game that springs to mind for me.

It's funny how when there is just the slightest nudge in the box, an accidental contact with an elbow or a face to face confrontation when foreheads gently touch, players collapse to the ground as though poleaxed. but when there are real fisticuffs as at Bradford and Toronto, they all some how manage to stay firmly on their feet.

• Agree 1