FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Gary Warren

County1966

Evening all Newport County fan here just popped in to say glad Gary is settling in well cracking lad and we miss him! :cry:

You have a few followers in South Wales now watching your results :clapoverhead:

We are doing well at the moment top of the conference but a bit short of defenders only an 17 man squad at the moment and luckY to draw today against Yate in the FA CUP

• Agree 6

Gary's settled in very well. He's A real leader at the back. What we've lacked for a long time. But aswell as been solid and a leader he can play abit. Very comfortable with the ball at his feet and he's a brilliant distributer of the ball.

And as last night scores goals too, and one with his feet!! :ohmy:

I had a good feeling about this signing from the moment it was first muted. Everything I read about him, including the references from Newprt supporters who were clearly sorry to see him go, made me feel that he would be a success here. And so it is proving. Our other new boys are proving themselves too, especially Draper, so a big well done to our scout or Terry's contacts if that is how they were recommended to us.

I was a bit sceptical about this signing but he's been excellent for us. He's a calming presence at the back, strong in the air and plays the ball out of defence well, when it's appropriate. Pleasing to see him score, he's come close before.

Oh nearly forgot. If you look at the highlights of our 4-1 loss to Motherwell. You'll be able to see his spectacular overhead kick attempt. If it wasn't for the Motherwell keeper who is a cut above most in the spl he would've scored it.

You can see his performance on the splofficial YouTube account.

Our back four was very unstable last season and he has seen a real breath of fresh air to it. How he was not discovered beforehand i will never know, he is the complete package, a solid leader and with a decent amount of skill for distributing the ball. Arguably our best signing.

• Agree 1

Welcome County

You are now visiting the best set-up and designed site on the net. Highly recommended ,Very professonal, mun

www.InTorNetdesign.com

Oh and the footie's good here too.

Keep tuning in, you represent a change from the old Fuddy-Duddy's on here from time to time. That is, when they can get the energy to get up from the pipe and slippers by the fire routine. When these guys get to 70 they seem to fade away. Puir wee things.

And if you want a little bit of romance, action, adventure, magic,wiizards,witches, princes and princesses..... and more.....try this fantasy novel for size too ... www.destiniesinmotion.com

Looking forward to your coming back--a breath of fresh air, so you are.

Cheers, Scarlet

Gary Warren has been a tremendous find this season and is a calming influence on those around him, he's the kind of player that won't let you down and brings out the confidence in the younger players. I think his partnership at the back with Josh Meekings is looking one of the most solid in years, not perfect but certainly a huge improvement on last season and the second half of season 2010/11.

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas :wink: There are some very good players in non-league down here what is the standard up with you and where do you think the Conference teams would sit in your system would we be able to beat for example Scottish division two teams on a regular basis?

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas :wink: There are some very good players in non-league down here what is the standard up with you and where do you think the Conference teams would sit in your system would we be able to beat for example Scottish division two teams on a regular basis?

Living in Englandshire, as I do, I've seen a few Conference teams play over the years. I think generally they would be much stronger than SL2. Having seen how Newco (Rangers) are doing in SL3 however, where they are certainly not getting it all their own way, it does make you wonder about the relative standard of the leagues.

It will be interesting to see how ICT do against Newco at Ibrox in the league cup at the end of the month. We have a reasonable record against them, although they hammered us in our last meeting in Feb, but in our current run of form I am optimistic we'll get a result there.

Good luck for your season. Thanks for Gary Warren. Why on earth did you let him go?

I don't get it, County let Warren go after the season they struggled at the wrong end of the table and now are clear top and with the second equal best defensive record currently in the Conference. Have you found someone even better for his position?.

To answer your question on Gary we wanted him to stay and offered him a new contract but he had an offer to play in the Scottish Premier and I cant blame him

Gary only went full time three seasons ago he gave up his teaching job to go full time

His replacement Tony James has been out standing so far this season and like Gary scores goals too :clapoverhead:

Our FA Cup game Saturday v Yate

we got out of jail in this one replay tomorrow night

We played in red for some reason :amazed:

Welcome County

You are now visiting the best set-up and designed site on the net. Highly recommended ,Very professonal, mun

www.InTorNetdesign.com

Keep tuning in, you represent a change from the old Fuddy-Duddy's on here from time to time. That is, when they can get the energy to get up from the pipe and slippers by the fire routine. When these guys get to 70 they seem to fade away. Puir wee things.

And if you want a little bit of romance, action, adventure, magic,wiizards,witches, princes and princesses..... and more.....try this fantasy novel for size too ... www.destiniesinmotion.com

Cheers, Scarlet

Don't mind him... he's mad.

We've got lumps of it round the back!

Welcome County

www.InTorNetdesign.com

Cheers, Scarlet

We've got lumps of it round the back!

At First I thought it was Spam :amazed::lol:

• Agree 1

Welcome County

www.InTorNetdesign.com

Cheers, Scarlet

Note also how he sweetens Scotty with a link to InTorNet before he plugs his womans book.

Shoot! sussed out again.

You guys should remember what an employee once said to me after I fired him for not doing what I telt him to do.

He says, huffily..."You get more with honey than with with vinegar...." ...ah was younger then and didn't suffer fools gladly in them thar days. Now I am more laid back and more crafty.....

So be nice to the older fella --he's got his beady eye on you and I repeat, Scotty is a master of the design and deserves all the praise he can get.

I still like you, County, and you are a breath of fresh air, but go carefully into the night, dear boy, or old Scarlet might conjure up one of these witches in the book and she'll give you a right scare when you least expect it. Aye, rite enuff. Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble.

Meantime, bring some more of your pals on here, mun--go on, we like yer footie although there are, apparently, no hard tackles. That Swallow lad took my fancy-- is he in it for the club or just to feather his own nest, like ...eh? :wave: