FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

David raven

CALEYJACK

He was my MotM yesterday, and as you say, he is unrecognisable from the chap that arrived in summer.  We are now seeing the best of him and he puts in a decent cross on the end of his overlapping runs. :clapoverhead:

• Agree 1

Was talking about this with a few people recently and the one thing that cropped up time and again was the Celtic game where he had Samaras in his pocket for most of the match....especially when you look at what he (Samaras) has been doing against "world class" defenders this season.

• Agree 2

Wonderful to see that he has got over his shaky start and is proving that he was another good signing, alongside Draper and Warren.  Even King looked OK before he got injured. I think these new boys have made the world of difference to us this year.  Coupled with Doran and McKay finding form, and Foran too recently, it is no surprise that the whole team has done well and shot up the table.

Has there been a better time to support ICT?

• Agree 1

I initially thought he wasn't able to cope with the physical demands of the SPL as he seemed to get pushed off the ball easily fairly regularly but he seems to have added a physical side to his game over the past couple of months which is good to see. Didn't realise he'd played a match in the EPL either!

Liverpool: Dudek, Carragher, Hyypia (Raven 67), Pellegrino, Warnock (Sinama Pongolle 45), Luis Garcia, Gerrard, Hamann (Biscan 78), Riise, Baros, Morientes. 

Subs Not Used: Traore, Carson.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4177037.stm

I‘ve been saying this for weeks as well. He had a shaky start (confidence, fitness or both?) But after the first 3 or 4 games he has improved and has been impressive. His precision passing makes him stand out.

He‘s been my MOTM in a few games.

One of my favourite players this season.

Dave The Rave!

Edited by CapitalCaley
  • Agree 1

In there stepped a stately raven of the saintly days of yore;
Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door
Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door
Perched, and sat, and nothing more. - The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe

My old mucker Eddie Poe had evidently only been to the Stain Midden game this season :smile: And - wait fer it - respect to Terry Butcher fer taking the risk of signing him and then by sticking by him :notworthy:

Been one of our most consistent players over the last few weeks. At first i thought it was just defending where we got the best out of him. But agreed with the above. He links up well with Doran and his dummy and cross for the goal on Saturday was excellent. Really struggled at the start of the season but has improved greatly since and its very pleasing to see.