FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Fancy a kick-about?

Joonya

Just trying to gauge a little interest from Forum goers as to if they'd be willing to have a CaleyThistleOnline / CaleyJagsTogether football session on a Sunday afternoon.

Currently, CTJ are looking to get the Fans Versus Legends match re-scheduled (again) after the weather caused us to postpone the previous two dates.
Some of the fans team have expressed a desire to get in extra training sessions and give the Legends a real contest.

In the past, some forum goers have also expressed their interest in a CTO kick about (to which some people did just that last summer prior to the County V ICT fans match in Glasgow).

If there is plenty of interest, we can look into booking a pitch on a regular basis.

Cost per head is yet to be decided (we need interested people first), but I can't see it being more than £2-£3 per person if we book an hour session at Millburn or Bught Park. (Any monies over the cost of the pitch could be set aside and donated to CJT)

Like I said, this thread is to gauge interest from forum users. (I'd appreciate it if mods would keep it on the main ICT page)

• Agree 2

Games would depend on numbers.
Currently I attend a session that DavieB organizes during the week. Some of these have seen as little as 7-v-7 on a full size pitch, and as many as 14-a-side.

I thought it'd be an idea to have a similar session sorted just for ICT fans.

They'll be 1-hour kick-abouts. You could play as long or as little as you like in that time. I'm sure DavieB would lend us the bibs he has during the week.

Put me down as a possible. Do you need boots or can you use trainers on the astroturf?

U can use trainers but might be a bit slippy at speed. U do get special astro mouldies and some folk do use normal mouldies, though I never have.

Personal preference I guess. All that said I've never played on the Millburn one so it may behave differently.

Mounds are fine but they don't allow blades or studs.
Trainers, as all have said, tend to be too slippy, although the astro-turf trainers are superb... It's in the name really!

Seems to be a few people interested when including a few off the forum. Watch this space.

EDIT: Moulds are good too... Woops

Edited by Gringo_Jnr
  • Agree 1

Sounds good , available most sundays, old fart now so might struggle to keep up wie you young whipper snappers

Gaz - Old age and treachery will always defeat youth and enthusiasm. Trust me.

• Agree 1

By my count, there's a good 7 or 8 interested with a few 'maybe' and 'dependent on weather' folk too.
Having spoken briefly to DavieB last night, would all of you who are interested be ok to form a 'team' and turn up every other Sunday to take on DavieB's Thursday night team?

One thing I personally dont want to happen is to go ahead and book pitches etc, if people wont turn up...

By my count, there's a good 7 or 8 interested with a few 'maybe' and 'dependent on weather' folk too.

Having spoken briefly to DavieB last night, would all of you who are interested be ok to form a 'team' and turn up every other Sunday to take on DavieB's Thursday night team?

One thing I personally dont want to happen is to go ahead and book pitches etc, if people wont turn up...

I'm well up for that. Train with Davies team thursday night?

I'' speak further to Davie this week about booking millburn in a fortnights time.

(I say a fortnights time because that is when I am next free on the Sunday, and gives me chance to sort booking the pitch and the finances to cover it.)