FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pepper

PaderbornCaley

Conor has been electric every time he has come on.

Who can forget the last kick of the ball against Hearts to draw the game?! Or his goal against Hibs?! Every time he came on in the first half of the season he was fantastic.

But the management don‘t pick one of our best players any more. This begs the obvious question.

Why?

Could it just be that, because Conor plays in U-20's Butcher doesn't want to risk burning the lad out. After all he's only 18.

There aye seems to be conspiracy theories whenever the youngsters are mentioned but I think Conor and Liam etc get quite a lot of competitive game time in their development. I also think we dont have enough U-20 players to compete in that league so what we've got has to be protected.

Possibly.  But I never mentioned a conspiracy theory.   However, he has changed games for us in the early part of the season.  There's been times in the last few weeks that I've thought that if he came on and played like he had earlier in the season, we could have had that game changing performance.  I'm hearing he is now injured after Mondays U20 game though?

• 2 weeks later...

This is the Republic squad as published on BBC site today. No CP listed there. Cant find any info anywhere on U-21 or U-19.

Goalkeepers: Westwood (Sunderland), Forde (Millwall), Randolph (Motherwell)

Defenders: O'Shea (Sunderland), St Ledger (Leicester), Clark (Aston Villa), Wilson (Stoke), Coleman (Everton), Kelly (Reading), O'Dea (Toronto), O'Brien (West Ham), McShane (Hull), Pearce (Reading), Ward (Wolves)

Midfielders: Whelan (Stoke), McCarthy (Wigan), Green (Leeds), Hendrick (Derby), McGeady (Spartak Moscow), Pilkington (Norwich), McClean (Sunderland), Brady (Hull)

Forwards: Keane (Los Angeles Galaxy), Long (West Brom), Doyle (Wolves), Sammon (Derby), Walters (Stoke), Cox (Nottingham Forest), Hoolahan (Norwich)