FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dingwall pubs denied early opening on Sunday

WYNESS101

As I understand it, the decision not to allow pre match opening of pubs in Dingwall for Ross County v Celtic was made by Invergordon Councillor Maxine Smith, Convener of the Licensing Board, using delegated powers. Disruption of church services appears to have been a factor here.

It was Councillor Smith's casting vote which earlier secured the (highly commendable!) binning of the Inverness midnight curfew.

I have to say that the first thing I witnessed on driving into the centre of Dingwall around 1115 on Sunday was knots of football fans hanging around aimlessly on street corners, with some of the less well informed tugging in vain at pub doors, only to find them securely locked!

Edited by Charles Bannerman

I have to say that the first thing I witnessed on driving into the centre of Dingwall around 1115 on Sunday was knots of football fans hanging around aimlessly on street corners, with some of the less well informed tugging in vain at pub doors, only to find them securely locked!

..so where were the celtic fans then ? 

• Agree 1

Well at least for the Celtic fans it would be a nice change from hanging around aimlessly outside Celtic Park during the week!