FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pre-Season & Charlton away (merged)

caleydawson

@CAFCTrev If u don't mind me asking, how much do yous actually know about ICT? (That's not ment to be offensive, just a question). ;-)

Fair play, its a valid question! I am a follower of Scottish football from afar so I was aware of how well your season has gone, Terry Butcher being the boss an all. I remember the headlines (Super Caley go ballistic...) when you beat Celtic in the League Cup back in 2000. Infact that was probably the first time Id heard of ICT. Since the friendly was arranged Ive been reading up on ICT, had no idea the club was formed from a merger...

I guess I probably know as much about ICT as the average ICT fan knows about Charlton. I live in London (20 mins away from the Valley) and I get plenty of Londoners who dont know where Charlton is!

There is a good thread about the merger on here and worth a gander.

Didn't know Darren Bent was at Charlton! Anyway I'm a Chelsea fan aswell as Caley but yeah I have to admit that was a good time to beat Chelsea under Jose, fair play!

Yeah Darren Bent scored a ton of goals for us, was our top scorer the year we got relegated from Prem, and no surprises that he left just after that happened!

• Agree 1

my fave memory of that era is actually beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the League Cup in 2005. Charlton were the only team to beat Mourinho at home. OK it was only on pens....

ICT / Chelski fan. I was there that day Trev, shockingly dull game of football, hopefully July 27th will be more entertaining.

my fave memory of that era is actually beating Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the League Cup in 2005. Charlton were the only team to beat Mourinho at home. OK it was only on pens....

ICT / Chelski fan. I was there that day Trev, shockingly dull game of football, hopefully July 27th will be more entertaining.

Yep it was very dull, you battered us as I recall, and we scored a goal on the break. Was pretty much our only shot on target the whole match! 

I love the fact that the only missed pen in the shootout was by a German!

Yep it was very dull, you battered us as I recall, and we scored a goal on the break. Was pretty much our only shot on target the whole match!

HUTH!

Tztztz...

We might be better on average at penalties than English and Dutch players, but there have been German teams losing out on penalties against Romanian opposition in the Europa League. So, nothing to bother about :yellowcard:

Tztztz...

We might be better on average at penalties than English and Dutch players, but there have been German teams losing out on penalties against Romanian opposition in the Europa League. So, nothing to bother about :yellowcard:

We are usually terrible at shootouts, lost one last season to Leyton Orient. At home.  :blush:

Shootouts in Wembley play off finals though.......  :laugh:

Cafctrev, I take it there is the usual drinks served inside the ground? Is there also a main bar at the ground for the hordes of ICT fans to meet up? No one mentioned phoneboxes thanks!

Theres the Antigallican on Woolwich Road (very close to the Valley), not the best pub but a lot of away go there as its the first place you stumble across from Charlton train station. Personally Id recommend The Rose of Denmark a bit further down Woolwich road, has that proper football pub kind of atmosphere, and it welcomes away fans. Ill be at the Rose so it would be great to meet some of you in there, dont worry us Charlton fans are a friendly lot! 

There is alcohol served inside the ground but youre only allowed to drink it inside the concourses, and necking a couple of beers in 15mins isnt the best way to enjoy a bevvy...

Edited by CAFCTrev

Cafctrev, I take it there is the usual drinks served inside the ground? Is there also a main bar at the ground for the hordes of ICT fans to meet up? No one mentioned phoneboxes thanks!

Theres the Antigallican on Woolwich Road (very close to the Valley), not the best pub but a lot of away go there as its the first place you stumble across from Charlton train station. Personally Id recommend The Rose of Denmark a bit further down Woolwich road, has that proper football pub kind of atmosphere, and it welcomes away fans. Ill be at the Rose so it would be great to meet some of you in there, dont worry us Charlton fans are a friendly lot! 

There is alcohol served inside the ground but youre only allowed to drink it inside the concourses, and necking a couple of beers in 15mins isnt the best way to enjoy a bevvy...

We are staying in the Antigallican on the Saturday night. Hope the locals keep the noise down, you know how I need my early nights. :party: :party:

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...