FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Saint Mirren

Renegade

Tricky. Never easily to pick a starting 11 for the first game of the season, especially when so many new faces have arrived. The definites for me are: Esson, Raven, Meekings, Warren, Shinnie, Draper, Doran, Foran, McKay 

Not sure who the other 2 should be but perhaps Vincent and our Scandinavian friend who's name eludes me. I would like to see a very attack minded line up to hopefully get off to a good start with a few goals scored

Tricky. Never easily to pick a starting 11 for the first game of the season, especially when so many new faces have arrived. The definites for me are: Esson, Raven, Meekings, Warren, Shinnie, Draper, Doran, Foran, McKay 

Not sure who the other 2 should be but perhaps Vincent and our Scandinavian friend who's name eludes me. I would like to see a very attack minded line up to hopefully get off to a good start with a few goals scored

Our Ryan Esson is not fully fit, so will likely not be in the starting line-up. 

Guest Mahonio

I take it we are saying that it will be a 4-2-3-1 because I quite fancy a straightforward 4-4-2?

I would go for:

Brill (Esson, if he's fit)

Raven, Warren, Meekings, G. Shinnie

Doran, Draper, Vincent, Polworth

Foran and McKay

Bench: Draper (GK), Tremarco, Cooper, Williams, Watkins, Agdestein and Ferguson.

Normally the attendance would be up for the opener but what with Moy Game fair on and the Belladrum music festival can't see this one being that much different from last season to be honest

Think we are lucky with the opening fixture given to us though and it's a real chance to get an early three points on the board and that we come out of the traps flying

2-0 or 2-1 victory for us if I was to hazard a guess

Dougal

Has Foran been practicing passing during the closed season as last season his passing was appalling. Only his muscle and aggression kept him in the first team!

Most impressed by Watkins in the Forres game and hope he is able to reproduce that play in the months to come.

To be honest Butcher will stick to the 4-2-2 system.  But here is mine:

GK - Brill

RB - Raven

CB - Meekings

CB - Warren

LB - Shinnie

CDM - Draper

CDM - Vincent

Left Attacking Mid - Doran

Right Attacking Mid - Greenhaulgh

ST - McKay (Playing just off Adgestein)

ST - Adgestein OR Allen (If Fit.)

Bench - Esson, Polworth, Foran, Williams, Ross, Tremarco, Devine

• Agree 1

Has Foran been practicing passing during the closed season as last season his passing was appalling. 

It was rubbish when he was playing in defensive midfield against Elgin.  He played better when he was moved up top.