FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Extending Dean Brills loan deal

Libero

Talks are at an advanced stage to keep extend Deans loan stay until summer next year.

CALEY Thistle are at an advanced stage regarding talks to extend the deal of on loan goalkeeper Dean Brill until the end of the season.

Brill has featured in all six of Caley Thistle’s Scottish Premiership games so far this campaign, conceding just three goals and keeping four clean sheets.

The custodian only initially signed with Inverness until January on a short-term deal from parent club Luton Town in July to provide competition to first choice goalkeeper Ryan Esson.

Full story here: http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/ICT-look-to-extend-Brills-stay-16092013.htm

Great news and given how well he has done i'm not surprised we are looking to extend the deal. He has been a commanding and reassuring presence at the back and has clearly given our back 4 a strong platform to build from.

Edited by Libero
  • Agree 4

I was really worried when he signed (didn't have the best of reviews from his previous clubs) but seems to have slotted in perfectly.  Reguero must be kicking himself.  Cammy Bell leaving must have been a big impetus to sign for Killie but look what happened.  The Highland Curse strikes again.

I agree Starchief, I was a bit hesitant when he signed that he wouldn't be up to scratch but he has proved to everyone that he is a fine keeper and great vocal organiser at the back. Would love to see him signed on a permanent deal but we can cross that bridge later on in the season.  Just need to focus on keeping clean sheets.

This is a very random thought connecting Luton goalkeepers and Inverness, but here goes anyway -  back in the 80's I was at primary school with someone whose uncle was Andy Dibble, Luton's keeper at the time (later Man City, Wales and even Rangers).

At the time I was so amazed that I actually knew someone who was related to someone in my Panini sticker album.

This is a very random thought connecting Luton goalkeepers and Inverness, but here goes anyway -  back in the 80's I was at primary school with someone whose uncle was Andy Dibble, Luton's keeper at the time (later Man City, Wales and even Rangers).

At the time I was so amazed that I actually knew someone who was related to someone in my Panini sticker album.

I was in school with Andy!

He's now the keeper coach at Rotherham.

Incidentally, Andy was involved in one of the strangest footballing injuries ever. Think he was playing for Barry Town at the time. The pitch had been marked out with some form of lime mixture, which Dibble got on his body, and he received quite severe burns from it. He got quite a payout from the courts later on.

Anyway...it'd be good to get Brill here for the season. I've been very impressed with him so far.

Still not sure how good a shot stopper he is as he hasn't really been tested yet, but his handling from crosses and his distribution are second to.none.

I also don't think I've ever seen an ICT keeper who talks to his defence so much.

Alex that would be great.

BA he has stopped and held on to enough shots already to show that he is capable in that department as well as what else you mention. He is also not frightened to go down in front of flailing boots and knees so the man has courage too, all good attributes of a fine keeper who will command the respect of those in front of him.

I sincerely hope  he stays with us..........Luton's loss will be our gain!

I can see him being at TCS beyond this season if he keeps doing what hes doing.

Id only ever seen him play once before (he was amazing that day) and its safe to say he has shown he has what it takes to play at this level. If we get a longer deal sorted for him then i think it would be an excellent piece of business. 

Still not sure how good a shot stopper he is as he hasn't really been tested yet, but his handling from crosses and his distribution are second to.none.

I also don't think I've ever seen an ICT keeper who talks to his defence so much.

I recall him stopping a few shots at Celtic Park.

(or was I that drunk?!)

I recall him stopping a few shots at Celtic Park.

(or was I that drunk?!)

Aye, and I have photographic evidence of us with the European Cup that day ;-)

It would be great if his loan was extended, but if he is set to become a free agent before the start of next season, what is to stop Luton recalling him and then selling him in the January transfer window?  A short while ago he was 3rd string keeper at an English 5th tier club and now he is first choice keeper for the Scottish League leaders and getting rave reviews.  His worth must have soared and surely Luton would be looking to make a few bob out of him.

• Agree 1

It would be great if his loan was extended, but if he is set to become a free agent before the start of next season, what is to stop Luton recalling him and then selling him in the January transfer window? A short while ago he was 3rd string keeper at an English 5th tier club and now he is first choice keeper for the Scottish League leaders and getting rave reviews. His worth must have soared and surely Luton would be looking to make a few bob out of him.

In January he'll be free to talk to other clubs and sign s pre-contract, if we can do that their really isn't much point in them taking him back for a few months