FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Home Shirt 2014-15

ForzaCaley

What in earth is the problem? Why has the new shirt not been launched? If it's what the fans want we want to buy it ASAP!

Could be wrong but I think it has to do with the new sponsorship. I think the shirt needs SFA approval and sponsors logo has to conform to certain rules. This may be the reason.

What in earth is the problem? Why has the new shirt not been launched? If it's what the fans want we want to buy it ASAP!

Away kit didn't launch until the start of June last year so it will probably be the same timescale this year.

It will be available to buy as soon as possible....do you think the club are sitting with thousands of shirts at the stadium and not selling them just for shits and giggles?

• Agree 1

It will be available to buy as soon as possible....do you think the club are sitting with thousands of shirts at the stadium and not selling them just for shits and giggles?

I saw some of the players building a fort with the new shirts. An absolute disgrace!

• Agree 3

Typical reply from you CaleyD - It would be pretty stupid if they were sitting with thousands of shirts and not selling them but it wouldn't surprise me for one minute!

• Agree 1

Away kit didn't launch until the start of June last year so it will probably be the same timescale this year.

No wonder, would you have been in a rush to introduce such a crap design?

No wonder, would you have been in a rush to introduce such a crap design?

Suspect it's the time Errea take to get anything done that's the problem?

more shoddy 3rd rate marketing - why have an announcement with new sponsor revealed, getting the clubs name into the press & then no-one can buy it?!? do they think every single person who contemplated buying a shirt upon hearing the new sponsor news will check back on a weekly basis to see when it is released? if it needed SFA approval etc then why not get that done before an announcement?!?

more shoddy 3rd rate marketing - why have an announcement with new sponsor revealed, getting the clubs name into the press & then no-one can buy it?!? do they think every single person who contemplated buying a shirt upon hearing the new sponsor news will check back on a weekly basis to see when it is released? if it needed SFA approval etc then why not get that done before an announcement?!?

They launched the sponsor not the shirt! I think any sponsor would want their day in the press and wouldn't want overshadowed by talk of the new strip?

• Agree 3

Seriously?  We get new sponsor - news.  We put in hands-off warning - news.  We announce new shirts ready - news.  

That is 1st rate marketing - by using drip drip method, we keep the momentum bubbling along rather than one flash-in-the-pan-soon-forgotten extravaganza.

If someone is contemplating buying a shirt it isn't because it has a sponsor name on it, it is because it has the club name on it.  So they will buy it when it comes out.

It is not ready yet.  They will tell us when it is.  They do not need to explain why it is not ready yet or what is happening before it is.

You must be a joy at Christmas-time.

• Agree 8

The sponsor is and should, be much more than just a name/brand/logo on a shirt.

Some people apparently really, really, really, really can't wait. Which is a shame.

For whatever reason your annoyed, do you think you only have a small window of opportunity to buy the top?

I think folk are more concerned that we seem less professional or maybe below par if we don't release a cracking top with our new sponser, a week before the season ends.

I've seen fans saying we've been outdone by the likes of St Mirren and Motherwell already.

With the play off 1st leg currently underway surely that means that the season has not ended and therefore the past seasons shirt is still current.

It might be contractual. Perhaps Orions shirt contract runs until the 30th of May (for example) and as such the new shirt cannot be made available until then. This is purely speculation on my part.

Had it not been for the new sponsor then I suspect we'd probably already have had them (or they would be imminent).  I don't know this 100%, but I believe that the sponsor is printed along with the shirt design as a single process as opposed to being stuck on afterwards which would mean that shirts could not be done in advance.

In regards to being outdone by other clubs....only really a valid argument if we were competing with each other for business, but I don't imagine too many ICT fans have decided to buy a St Mirren or Motherwell top just because they launched before ours.

It's understandable that the people are anxious to see/buy the new strip and seeing other clubs release theirs adds to the frustration in regards to "if they can do it, why can't we", but  it's been that way for as long as we've been with Errea (15th season coming up?) and you have to imagine that the clubs deal with them means the benefits must outweigh the wait or we'd have changed supplier long time ago.

Some previous kit launch dates (as close as I can ascertain) have been as follows....note these are launch dates and not on sale dates, although they may have been the same.

13/14 (Away) - 10th June

12/13 (Home) - 17th July

11/12 (Away) - 24th June

10/11 (Home) - 1st August (first year with Orion)

09/10 (Away) - 14th July

08/09 (Home) - 17th June

07/08 (Away) - 4th July (first year with Flybe)

......we're still in May!

• Agree 2

I think folk are more concerned that we seem less professional or maybe below par if we don't release a cracking top with our new sponser, a week before the season ends.

I've seen fans saying we've been outdone by the likes of St Mirren and Motherwell already.

Different clubs announce their new kits at different times. To be fair, doing at a different time will maximise exposure, which will be to the benefit of club, shirt sponsor and kit manufacturer.

I wouldn't mind a change of supplier either to be honest, wearing our tops sometimes feels like I am about to go on the Tour de France!

Have to admit Motherwell have two cracking tops with Macron for next year.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...