FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scottish Cup Semi/Final Venue

ICTRoughi

Glasgow again eh?  You'd think they'd give somewhere else a chance for once...oh no wait!

I certainly don't think Celtic, should they get there, should be allowed to play a final that would essentially be a home game either.

Glasgow again eh?  You'd think they'd give somewhere else a chance for once...oh no wait!

I certainly don't think Celtic, should they get there, should be allowed to play a final that would essentially be a home game either.

Well if Celtic make the semi final, I can't see it ending well. Vice versa if Rangers made the final.

With Hampden unavailable I think this is the right choice. Yes it is inconvienent for teams like ICT to go to Glasgow but in this instance I think this is correct as Murrayfield would be as bad. With the size of the Stadiums it gives the most chance for the teams who reach the semi's/final to get good gate reciepts.

With the crowds of both of last years Semi Finals not enough to fill Hampden once, Ibrox is a rediculous place to have Semi's, even before the obvious nonsense should Sevco get to Semi Final. It will only be half full just like Hampden. Get them to smaller stadiums so its full with great atmosphere.  SFA should wait until they know who is in the Semi's and final before deciding where to play games.

• Agree 2

Ah the working of the SFA, lets give the biggest and most financially powerful club in Scotland the ultimate advantage of a final at home given they have the best chance of making it there. I for one hope that the Scottish cup is another OF disaster and we get a 'diddy team' final just to make the SFA look even more rediculous.

• Agree 1

Guest Mahonio

The 3rd round of Scottish Cup is played this weekend so draw for 4th round will be Monday or Tuesday next week, not sure if its seeded or not but seeing as we got County at this stage last season it must not have seedings.

Who do you want in draw for 4th round guys?

Was this decided because Celtic got knocked out of the League Cup earlier than the final?

It's the Scottish Cup Final that's to be held at Celtic Park and the decision has nothing to do with the League Cup. With Hampden unavailable, the SFA have opted to stage it at the biggest available ground which makes sense.

They've announced it now before the 'big guns' enter in next week's draw to show 'transparency' and to avoid being accused of moving the goal-posts at a later date. It's for one season only and of course it'll give Celtic an advantage of playing venue if they reach the final but Queen's Park have that distinction every season! There really is no conspiracy theory here.

The 3rd round of Scottish Cup is played this weekend so draw for 4th round will be Monday or Tuesday next week, not sure if its seeded or not but seeing as we got County at this stage last season it must not have seedings.

Who do you want in draw for 4th round guys?

Hopefully one of the Highland League teams can get through - and we get them in the draw! We've never played a Highland League team before. I think the only non-league teams we've played are Annan Athletic (our biggest ever win 8-1, they're obviously a League Two team now) and Whitehill Welfare. We won that 3-1 and TheMantis has never ventured north of Perth since!! Just joking, Mantis! :lol:

• Agree 1

Did we not play Gretna away years ago before they were in the SFL?

Personally, I'd love a Highland/Lowland League/Junior team, or in failing that, somewhere that we haven't been for a while like Stirling or Clyde or somewhere.

Did we not play Gretna away years ago before they were in the SFL?

Personally, I'd love a Highland/Lowland League/Junior team, or in failing that, somewhere that we haven't been for a while like Stirling or Clyde or somewhere.

No Lowland League teams remain but there are still 7 non-league teams (5 Highland League, 2 Juniors). On paper, it wouldn't be a surprise if none of them made it through to the 4th round (last 32) where the 'big' teams come in! But if I put on a bet at the bookies on the 7 league sides beating their non-league opponents, it inevitably wouldn't come in! So, by that 'logic', 1 or maybe 2 non-league teams may just make it!

There will definitely be at least 5 clubs from League Two or lower in the last 32.

North Champions, Culter from Aberdeen.

So it is, i forgot they were in it.  Was getting mixed up with their defeat in the Junior Scottish Cup.  Might try and make my way along to Clyde v Brora today and see some of the old players, with clyde being so bad recently they may have a shot at getting at least a replay.