FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Happy New Year

Macduffer

Well I'm bravely sitting down with the bottle of Amrut (Indian single malt!) that I got for Christmas. Unwrapping it was actually a bit like the moment I found out Hughes was to be our manager, in that my initial reaction was, of all the fine malts there are out there, why've I been given this one?!

The tasting notes that come with it are rather ominous.  The best words and phrases their marketing people could come up with include "complex", "confusing", ".....hammers home", "a slight struggle" and the intriguing final sentence "The spices, rather than lying down and acepting their fate, rise up and usher this extraordinary whisky to its exit".

Wish me luck.

• Agree 1

Well I'm bravely sitting down with the bottle of Amrut (Indian single malt!) that I got for Christmas. Unwrapping it was actually a bit like the moment I found out Hughes was to be our manager, in that my initial reaction was, of all the fine malts there are out there, why've I been given this one?!

The tasting notes that come with it are rather ominous.  The best words and phrases their marketing people could come up with include "complex", "confusing", ".....hammers home", "a slight struggle" and the intriguing final sentence "The spices, rather than lying down and acepting their fate, rise up and usher this extraordinary whisky to its exit".

Wish me luck.

Man up and get on with it, or pass it on to me :lol:

Amrut is good stuff.

Mrs Mantis and I are spending New Year in Broadford where the bar has a signed ICT top on the wall. We got back after being out all day and discovered a couple of complimentary miniatures of Drambuie in our room.

• Agree 2

Trouble is, the more I fill my glass the more the level drops in the bottle...... good job it is still half full!

Happy and prosperous New Year to all connected with ICT.........................players' management, staff and all true supporters         :ictscarf::cheer01::clapping: