FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Evening Folks.

DonInPeace

Hi all, Aberdeen supporter here in peace.

Have been browsing your forum in the build up to the big game on Sunday. And have been keeping an eye on the results for obvious reasons.

A couple of points though as to why I signed up.

Firstly, I think it's an excellent sight seeing 2 non-old firm teams in a final. Especially given the resources Celtic have over the rest of us, it pleases me greatly.

Secondly, Easy for me to say I guess, but I wouldn't read too much into your last couple of results, a final as you will know is a big occasion and a one off game. Anything can happen.

Thirdly, I have been a bit disappointed that a few posters on here are under the impression we feel all we need to do is turn up and win the final. Granted, every set of support will have the odd idiot who will make claims such as the one I just mentioned, but I'd like to point out the majority of us are well aware that this is going to be a very tight game. It really could go either way, we both have players that on their day, will hurt opposition. We need Hayes, Rooney, McGinn and Pawlett to be at their very best whilst keeping tight at the back, whereas, If Doran, Ross & McKay play to their maximum, we will have plenty to worry about. Add to that, I'm a huge fan of Greg Tansey, and from what I can gather, he's been one of the better players since re-signing recently.

No-one is just going to turn up and win this final gents(and ladies?) And I for one, am pretty nervous. However, I sincerely hope that the best team wins the cup on the day, and whilst I hope it is ourselves, if not, then ICT will get my congratulations.

Anyway, all the best guys, seriously. See you on Sunday :)

• Agree 9

Welcome to our forum Dons fan. Good opening post. Come next sunday i want to read about a good, hard fought, game with good refereeing, hard working players and no cheating from Pawlett. No controversy to talk about afterwards and definately no sending offs. Oh! and a result that reflects that the better team won.

• Agree 2

Maybe just picked the wrong night to post DIP After todays result there are a lot of upset fans but I too hope for a cracking non OF final with the best team winning, Hoping for ICT but like most after two back to back 5-0 defeats Im a wee bit concerned but hopefully we can get back to winning ways on Wednesday , Anyway enjoy the game next week (but not too much :wink: )

• Agree 4

Hi mainstander. I'm only 27, I haven't witnessed the Dons win anything in my time supporting them. I was just a laddy in 95 and don't remember it. I have supported them through absolute dross but wouldn't change it for the world.

I am slightly annoyed that these same fans you mention wont turn up to home games and help us generate promising funds that would maybe attract quality players. On the flipside, ICT will benefit from the number of tickets of sold.

Also, I'm not sure the exact number of tickets ICT have sold, but I believe its around 7500, that is a bit of a rise from your average attendance as well, not a dig, just what happens when teams reach finals, a lot of fans will turn up that don't usually turn up.

• Agree 1

Thank you for the kind replies guys. I guarantee you, my word, if we win on Sunday, I will not be on here gloating. I also give you my word that should ICT win, I will be on here congratulating you.

I genuinely just love seeing non old-firm teams win silverware (Except Dundee United :p). It would be a tremendous achievement for whichever team wins on Sunday.

Thank you for the kind replies guys. I guarantee you, my word, if we win on Sunday, I will not be on here gloating. I also give you my word that should ICT win, I will be on here congratulating you.

I genuinely just love seeing non old-firm teams win silverware (Except Dundee United :p). It would be a tremendous achievement for whichever team wins on Sunday.

Enjoy your day, but not too much! As an exiled Invernessian who has lived in Aberdeen for longer than I care to remember my family are split this week-end. Even my five year old grandson's giving me pelters.

I take my hat off to your post and responses and may the best team on the day with the cojones for the fight shine through!!

Edited by Donview
  • Agree 1

My colleague is an ICT fan and we have been giving each other a good bit of stick in the run up to the game, however, it's just a bit of fun. I appreciate it seems strange that I'm on here wishing ICT well, but I have absolutely no ill feeling towards the club in any shape or form. I'm delighted they are in a final. It's a great story. Obviously I'm hoping for a Dons win, but if not, then so be it.

Armageddon they said when Rangers went bust, I think they are full of sh1t and I'm loving it. Us going to head to head in the final with an attendance of around 50k is magnificent. Great for Scottish Football, if Celtic buggered off as they keep bleating on about, what a healthy SPFL we would have, any one of 6 or 7 teams could genuinely win the league. Our clubs very much included.

• Agree 3

I think the reason that so many Aberdeen fans are attedning is nothing to do with glory hunting fair weather fans. Or fans starved of success for so long.

I think deep down they feel really guilty about taking that money of us for ground sharing in our 1st ever SPL season and as a result see giving the game a bumper crowd as a sure fire way of returning the favour/money as they knew themselves none of that money was spent on the pitch for 1 thing.

Thanks to all you lovely Aberdeen fans.

Hi guys.

First and foremost, unlucky today, thought you gave a great account of yourselves. We shaded the first half only with the chances, then 2nd half and extra time was as even as you will ever see. How poor were both teams set pieces? Lol.

I predicted a tight game, it was always going to be a tight game.

A fantastic atmosphere from everyone involved. Both sets of support did their team proud.

Thought both teams should have had a penalty, Foran's was probably more obvious when Considine pulled him as he was heading, but Rooney's was a penalty as well, disappointed to see that Hughes said it was a dive, there is clear contact. We really, really missed Pawlett and then Hayes when he went off injured very early on. Didn't have our usual zip middle to front. Was surprised to see Doran on the bench, and a bit relieved to be honest, he looked very lively when he came on.

Anyway, it's finished, I barely slept last night, maybe a couple of hours I think, so thankfully it's back to normality. Well done today and hope you all had a safe journey back up the road.

• Agree 2

Well, a win in regular time is always better than penalties.

But I did notice that the Aberdeen penalty takers had done their homework and noticed that Dean always threw himself to HIS right --did you notice the first three were all in the net to Dean's left. Aberdeen's manager has a reputation for being smart and this was shrewd  pre-match training directions since he anticipated a shoot-out,

Dunno that the better team won but they sure had more of the ball overall I think. Wasn't Robson the consummate professional? Rooney almost non-existent and ...NO! the tackle where he went down was never a penalty. Maybe not a desperate dive but a rolling  fall that was not contra-indicated--as all good Doctors term these things. 

I will say that I was a tad disappointed with  the penalties. Banging the ball over the bar  by a mile is hardly professional and a complete waste of a lovely chance to score. Oh well, there is always next year and a fantastic overall performance by ICTwas heavily indicated.  :notworthy:

• Agree 1