FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness CT -V- Dundee

Scotty

Sorry Roughie, but Vincent was pretty gash, losing the ball numerous times and Vigurs would've been better on the bench or in the stand. Polworth didn't obviously do it on purpose, but it looked easier to hit the target, Tremarco and Williams are just 100's release hits just now, I don't agree with much of the criticism aimed in their direction.

Dundee, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Partick, and Dundee United are all poorer than us. Just wait till we get a half full squad. 

Just watched the goals on Sky. The first looked a penalty and yet another clumsy, needless and mistimed challenge BUT it looked like Meekings was going in to block so can't understand why it was a red card. In regard to ours they were both handbag tackles. the first looked far more of a foul than the second. Methinks a ref who thought damn that was a foul and covered up by giving the second.

Yeah Devine was definitely getting across to block. Not sure it can be considered denial of a clear goal scoring opportunity. Our two claims were both laughable. Incredible that we got a penalty for one of them. Colvin is an abysmal official.

It's just incredible that after a great run before the last international break, in the space of 15 days we can then lose timidly to 4 mediocre sides (Dundee, County, Kille, St J), with 3 of those games at home.   :sad:

i look at it slightly differently ... Before and after the approach from Dundee Utd ... Just saying 

• Agree 1

I cannot believe how negative some posters have been on here. Considering the players available, we played okay and certainly deserved a point if not all 3. Dundee were poor but we were up for the game and after we equalised, we were the team that looked like we wanted to win it more. Both penalties were soft but the sending off was very harsh. Debateable decision for our offside goal as well and some equally debateable offside decisions throughout the game.

I thought Danny Williams had an excellent game. He is not a natural forward so did get caught out at times but he showed skill, drive and energy as did Vincent so for those saying they were poor, all I can say is you are badly wrong. While not yet back to our best, I think this was a promising display and a gutsy one as well. Some posters need to stop carping about everything that goes wrong and simply get behind the team. I will now be singled out by some no doubt as a ridiculous happy clapper but could care less if that is what happens. Proud of the team yesterday.

Finally, some posters have already mentioned the refereeing. Yet again, the general standard of officiating was poor. Clear fouls, usually on ICT players missed, Dundee players being allowed to referee the game by shouting in agony when tackled to enable ref to give a foul and really just week and poor officiating. Something really has to be done about this otherwise referees will continue to get slaughtered for poor performances. The remedy is in their hands and while most fans accept referees can make mistakes, we should not be subject to the levels of incompetence we see every week.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

It was a blatant penalty for Dundee. Ridiculous attempt at a challenge by Raven but the red was harsh. I also thought that Williams did quite well up front. He's pretty quick and able to run with the ball quite well so he was a bit of a handful at times for the Dundee defenders. Unfortunately a lot of the time he was lacking support so often had to run down a blind alley and ended up losing the ball. If he had a wee bit more help then who knows but with ten men some of the guys were blowing out of there arses by the end of the game. Not surprisingly of course.

I never noticed at the game, but I see in the highlights there's some ICT-Glentoran fans friendship flags behind the goal.  What's that all about?  Presume it's someone who supports both.

Whatever happened with our Crystal Palace link by the way?  Did Marlon ever manage to sell any of those t-shirts?

Edited by Renegade

From the highlights, neither of those were penalties. Rave got the ball. Hope we appeal.

That's exactly what John Hughes said where Paul Hartley stated the ref was conned by THE penalty :sad: I don't think the club will risk loosing £1k on an appeal though. 

From the highlights, neither of those were penalties. Rave got the ball. Hope we appeal.

Getting the ball doesn't mean that a challenge isn't a foul. 

Edited by RiG

I might be alone in thinking this, but actually felt we looked more defensively solid after Raven was sent off and we went with a back-three.  Considering almost all of our natural wingers are out, Raven will be suspended and Garry Warren is back, I wonder if that's something worth trying next week.  Imagine something like this:

Devine Warren Meekings

Vincent ----------------------------Williams

That's a pretty solid looking back three, with Vincent and Williams as attacking minded wing-backs.  Worth a try I reckon.

I might be alone in thinking this, but actually felt we looked more defensively solid after Raven was sent off and we went with a back-three.  Considering almost all of our natural wingers are out, Raven will be suspended and Garry Warren is back, I wonder if that's something worth trying next week.  Imagine something like this:

Devine Warren Meekings

Vincent ----------------------------Williams

That's a pretty solid looking back three, with Vincent and Williams as attacking minded wing-backs.  Worth a try I reckon.

I would agree with this unless Storey doesn't make it. We need to add support if we play Christie up top and I would use Williams. 

Was the game that bad that BBC Scotland would only show about 1 minute of the game on the Sportscene Sunday night programme?

When I looked at the website a few minutes ago NO clip of the game available!

Disgraceful.

Neksor

Edited by neksor
mispell

Was the game that bad that BBC Scotland would only show about 1 minute of the game on the Sportscene Sunday night programme?

Disgraceful.

Neksor

No.

I think its all been covered but the game was poor in parts with 2 teams who created little. We have lots of possession but lack cutting edge - I wonder how much the Latapy depature has affected that?

We need Draper back with Tansey, then we can play Williams Vincent Christie, but need a player like Doran back to replace Ryan when he leaves. Unfortunately Polworth and Vigurs just aren't the quality we need - I get Vigurs was playing in a holding position, but throughout the whole game he looked slow, ponderous and disinterested - thats ok if you are a player like Balotelli, Griffiths or Boyd where you have the talent to change a game but sadly he doesnt.

Overall though, if Dundee are a top 6 team, then Scottish football is in a poor state as I really thought they werent great at all, based on this performance and others this year we arent far away from these teams and if we get our act together then a surge up the table will occur soon.

Unfortunately Polworth and Vigurs just aren't the quality we need

Polworth has been one of our best performers recently IMO.

Vigurs I agree hasn't contributed much but he's been played out of position. Would like to see him more involved in the final phase where he's at his best.  

• Agree 1

Disgraceful.

Neksor

Killie-Motherwell got even less. Showed the winning goal and that's all.

we had a disallowed goal I would have liked to see again plus the misses from polworth and meekings in the second half.

Meekings shot was high and wide, Polworth should have done better but missed the target by a yard. Owain Fon-Williams' missus is much better.........

I would agree with this, especially the last bit...

• Scotty unfeatured and unpinned this topic