FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Mike Fraser

Eye Settee

Aren't we all glad that after Mark left we had Mike ready to step into his shoes.  I know its early days but I feel very confident that he is more than up for the job.... especially as other clubs (Hibs and Gretna to name but two) are looking for  a keeper.

Keep it up Mike  :021:

On Saturday it sounded like he had a couple of lapses but overall was very good. Other than that, it sounds like he has performed pretty well. Glad he got his chance, and glad he seems to be making the #1 jersey his own. Well done to the lad (if you can still call him a lad  :015:)

I thought he had a solid game on Saturday. I'm sure he'll get better as the seasons go on. I agree it is still a bit early to tell. I was a bit nervous at first when he was in goal, but over the past few games I'm starting to become confident of his ability.

I would still say that Mark Brown is a better keeper. He's had 2 or 3 seasons as ICT's number 1 whereas MF has had about 5 games!

Brown never looked convincing when a cross came into the area, Fraser thankfully looks not only more confident at coming off his line, but is more willing to catch a high ball rather than punch it away.

He's done a cracking job so far and looks unfazed by anything that has been thrown at him so far, my worry is when/if he makes a big mistake how he reacts. 

I hope CC can hook him up to a long contract especially with what's happened with Dod's and Broonie

Michael has done fairly well since his rapid promotion to first choice 'keeper but we will still need another experienced custodian as cover and competition for next season.

I wold have the Arabs game as Fraser's best performance yet. He had a good few saves to make (Hi Robson!), much more than against Celtic. His kicking out was of good length, and he was unafraid to throw to vary things. (No stupid football heroics either!) After initial trepidations, I am now feeling much more confident in his ability to take over from Shotstopper Brown. Bring on the penalty saves!

I can't see us affording another experienced keeper on the books, but I am sure that Charlie has Buttershortbread fingers and Jimbos phone numbers!