FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Apologies

Guest Bob the dog

Personally I'd rather be in control of whatever destiny lies ahead for Scotland and thrive or fail by our own means than by the means of those sitting at the other end of the UK who time and again prove that they know chit all about us or what we want and blatently don't care about their ignorances either.

You can argue all you like about past "leaders" but it matters not a jot who came before, it's who comes next thats important.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"past performace is not a guide to future growth"

Times are a changing and what may have been good/bad in the past may not be so today.  Leaders in power during times of conflict may have been the right leaders to handle that situation, but may be useless in peace time and vice versa.

Part of the problem IMO is that you vote one party in to power and they put several policies in place, then just a few short years down the line we vote in someone else who spends half the time undoing everything the previous party did and by the time they start putting their own policies in to full effect we've voted in someone different again and the cycle continues.

We need a more representative system that offers better long term stability but still offers sufficient flexibility to allow for the removal of dead wood.  All parties claim to want "the best" for the country, yet they seem more **** bent on disagreeing with the opposition for the sake of it, regardless of the policies merits.

Will an Independent Scotland gives us that?  Probably not, but IMO it will be far more representative of the Scots than what we have in place just now....at step in the right direction as it were.

Guest donmac298

I couldn't agree more CD.  Now that there is an election around the corner the major parties are promising us the earth but once in power they have no intention of fulfilling those promises.  It beats me why so many people can't see through them.  I like to think that I can see both side of the arguement but I've  been so disillusioned with the same old cr@p year after year.

I make no secret of the fact that I am an SNP "convert" and if we gain Independence I will die a happy man!   

Talk of past PM's reminds me of a quote from yon stalwart of the Tories. Mr J Major........ ‘When eating chips it is really important to put the vinegar on first as it gives the salt something to adhere to'

Vote for your country

Vote

SNP